CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

36 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Ninja uploading some Infinite content..

I just skipped through it. Does he actually talk about wanting a proper pistol back or is it just in the description? 
If he actually puts some effort in spreading this opinion, it’ll be the best chance of improvement.

3 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Just an effuse "Bro, I don't like the pistol fights. At all."

Ironically that’s what he got kills with most.

45 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I really feel mouse and keyboard needs some slight improvements in the mouse regard 

Please tell, @Reamis25, what exactly do you feel must be changed with mouse aiming?

• Like (+1) 1

I can't believe Halo Infinite is going to beat CoD and Battlefield by default

Never forget that Halo is going to win the AAA FPS bout this year not because it's designed well, but because the other games are designed worse.

What a world.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Never forget that Halo is going to win the AAA FPS bout this year not because it's designed well, but because the other games are designed worse.

What a world.

This isn't how I wanted Halo to win... :mj:

18 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

What a world.

"See, told you it was the best halo ever" - the thriving twitter Halo community

Here's Ninja's playthrough of the Infinite flight for those curious https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1164366921?filter=archives&sort=time&t=5h2m50s

Skip to 6:22:50 here if you want to hear his final thoughts afer playing with MKB. Can't say I disagree with his thoughts, and in particular the sidekick feels like complete dogshit on a mouse, the game does everything in its power to ensure I cannot kill a player past close/mid range, it's insanely aggrevating to use, and it's plainly clear that the entire sandbox was deisgned in a way to mitigate MKB instead of accomadting both inputs (bloom, random spread on sniper hipfire, recoil, etc.)

Can't wait to see the same old controller pros dominating for years on end uncontested... /s

• Like (+1) 3

“We heard your complaints about Halo 5.  You no longer have to input the Konami code to traverse the map but the semi automatic utility weapon now fires at 800 rpm.”  -the 343 playbook of how to make even casual gameplay feel sweaty 

I think it’s all a plan to sell more controllers.  Imagine years of Woody the Woodpeckering away at the trigger.  Ha ha ha HA ha, ha ha ha HA ha, ha ha ha HA ha, hehehehehehehe!  More breakage than Elites.  

• Like (+1) 1

The sad thing is that bf and cod will likely still beat halo this year. Cod replaces itself enough to keep it's player base around (even if the games are subpar) and bf has a modern appeal to it that people seem to get behind. Didn't play the beta but I'm somewhat confident the final release won't be as dogshit as people are saying the beta currently is. 

Meanwhile halo is on its 3rd "maybe this one won't suck."

4 hours ago, calberto said:

I just skipped through it. Does he actually talk about wanting a proper pistol back or is it just in the description? 
If he actually puts some effort in spreading this opinion, it’ll be the best chance of improvement.

He doesn't talk about it. I guess the sentiment is nice.

7 hours ago, potetr said:

Doom stuff

You're missing the most important part of both games. Restarting an Ultra Nightmare run in 2016 is near instant, and skips over the unnecessary tutorial stage before the real level begins. It also showed helmets of other players who failed their runs.

Meanwhile, Eternal makes you sit through the "Against all the evil..." speech every time, and only shows your own helmets for the past 5 or 6 attempts.

I can't trust anybody's opinions in the future if they are good with AR/Pistol starts as it stands right now. Ninja is giving an honest opinion, these Halo 5 kids and Halo youtubers are trying to stay so positive because their YT money depends on Infinite doing well.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, xSociety said:

I can't trust anybody's opinions in the future if they are good with AR/Pistol starts as it stands right now. Ninja is giving an honest opinion, these Halo 5 kids and Halo youtubers are trying to stay so positive because their YT money depends on Infinite doing well.

Yeah, Ninja is far beyond him needing Halo. He's a catch all streamer. He's going to go with what's popular. If Infinite isn't hot anymore, he's going to shrug and move on. Dude spoke honestly but he isn't going to shout it on the streets either so don't expect him to be a front-man for change.

It is nice to see someone who knows the series well to have an honest and relaxed take.

• Like (+1) 3

Also, idk what kind of setups you guys have but I get higher FPS in 2042 than I did with the actual PVP in Infinite. Bot slayer does not count, that might as well be playing on an empty map.

There are issues with frame timing etc. but it is a months old build, and I'm not too worried about it in the long run. Don't forget about DLSS, which is an easy 30 to 40 more fps as well. 

I am worried about Halo's aiming, not so much perf., because we've seen improvements in perf already but they have yet to fix the aiming. They never even fixed it in Halo 5 so at this point I think it's a feature, not a bug. 

2 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Yeah, Ninja is far beyond him needing Halo. He's a catch all streamer. He's going to go with what's popular. If Infinite isn't hot anymore, he's going to shrug and move on. Dude spoke honestly but he isn't going to shout it on the streets either so don't expect him to be a front-man for change.

It is nice to see someone who knows the series well to have an honest and relaxed take.

Ninja is even past "what's popular" at this point. He just plays what he wants to and doesn't worry about much else I'm pretty sure. He could never make another dime in his life and him and his kids would still be set for life. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Please tell, @Reamis25, what exactly do you feel must be changed with mouse aiming?

Something like overwatch, cod, valorant type of aiming input 

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Something like overwatch, cod, valorant type of aiming input 

Wow, very specific. I'm sure 343 can do a lot with this feedback. You should put in a ticket!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

What a world.

And who decides what is designed well? You? Me? I mean waypoint and Reddit say it’s good but you don’t value their thoughts. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Wow, very specific. I'm sure 343 can do a lot with this feedback. You should put in a ticket!

I’m no tech genius so excuse me for not being able to pinpoint the exact issues. One issue is the mouse aim feels floaty, not completely like raw input. Making micro adjustments is harder because of that slight delay feeling.

• Toxic (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I’m no tech genius so excuse me for not being able to pinpoint the exact issues. One issue is the mouse aim feels floaty, not completely like raw input. Making micro adjustments is harder because of that slight delay feeling.

But the people who put this garbage out and thought it felt good are going to be able to "pin point the exact issues"?

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

What a world.

Ngl that is never going to happen without a decade of failure from either of those franchises. CoD could release a blank disc and outsell Halo. Halo is going to release this year, play like shit on mkb and get immediately dropped for the games those people really spend time on, play like shit on xb1 but mostly get forgotten about on that platform and become an xsx game that is less popular than the last two iterations of cod before they release a content update. Halo has fallen so far that they could release the best game of all time and it wouldn't matter for months

Mainly though it if they're all three bad then Halo can't win because being bad and unpopular is worse than being bad and popular 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

But the people who put this garbage out and thought it felt good are going to be able to "pin point the exact issues"?

They won’t try if no one says anything 

• Fire (+1) 1