CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I preordered this morning.  Hoping I can download it tonight and try it out. I love that we can purchase via steam!

I've been seeing some pretty polarizing opinions on the Battlefield subreddit. A lot of posts saying the game feels like if a Chinese company tried to make a Battlefield knockoff. Another guy asking if it's an unpopular opinion that he's enjoying the game. 

27 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Didn't know. Doesn't make much sense. But again, what does.

Something something it's too much data something something

Which is actually kind of true.  If you have 10,000 participants what you will learn from 1,000 responses is the same you would learn from 5,000. You're just a number going into some machine algorithm.  If i actually believed that they would read every response from every person in detail and take more advice from people that clearly have thought about this shit for real and know what their talking about, maybe i would care more that i didn't get a survey. But they won't. They'll treat everybody's response as equally valid and the truly deep, well thought out ones will get lost in the noise.

something something jaded boomer something something

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hully said:

I've been seeing some pretty polarizing opinions on the Battlefield subreddit. A lot of posts saying the game feels like if a Chinese company tried to make a Battlefield knockoff. Another guy asking if it's an unpopular opinion that he's enjoying the game. 

What game will we play if BF turns out to be bad too?

I mean, the game I've been looking forward to the most is STALKER 2. The new bf looks cool but I haven't really been into the franchise since bf3.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I was actually thinking about this on my drive home today and I don't know. Right now all I really play is Apex but I'm pretty burnt out. The only other shooter besides Halo and BF that's coming is CoD Vanguard, and even if it ends up being good I don't know if I have the willpower or mental fortitude to go back to the CoD franchise. Ubisoft announced a Ghost Recon BR which is fucking hilarious considering how Hyper scape turned out. Their other new shooter XDefiant looks like a CoD clone and doesn't even have a release date. 

Maybe Overwatch 2 comes out sooner than expected? Maybe @MultiLockOn's game gets a surprise release date? I genuinely don't know. Maybe it's time for me to take a break from shooters and just get into Smite or go back to Rocket League or some shit. Hopefully 2042 ends up being decent and none of this will matter. There are a couple single player games coming out in 2022 that I'm looking forward to, but if BF 2042 ends up being trash then I genuinely don't know.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

We'll just spend more time complaining on the Internet than playing games like we've been doing since 2010.

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Sounds weird to say but, games really aren't fun lately are they. If you threw that statement out in passing most people would scoff and reply "There are plenty of great games!" but, there really isn't.

I have not purchased a "new" (as in recently released) game for a while now. The last game I purchased was Daemon X Machina, a port of a switch game that came to PC, and while I enjoyed it even that I felt was inferior compared to the games it was trying to emulate (Armored Core).

Just seems like companies either have no interest in designing games to be good in the first place or completely forgot how to.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:10 PM, Basu said:

But bro, it's necessary for anti cheat! Even though literally any other PC game in existence didn't have to fuck with basic functions like red reticle to figure this out, but I swear 343 knows what they're doing with anti cheat.

Btw Splitgate has red reticle even on PC. It's an integral part of the game (red reticle means there's a dude behind that enemy portal), the game is free to play and *gasp* I have never matched a cheater in Splitgate. 343 really goofed on this one.

Also did y'all know that the Pulse Carbine and Skewer both show red reticle if you're leading correctly at a distance, much like the ghost reticle Elites had in Halo Reach's Invasion? Yeah, PC players can just fuck off in this regard, despite the fact the game is crossplay.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Basu said:

Btw Splitgate has red reticle even on PC. It's an integral part of the game (red reticle means there's a dude behind that enemy portal), the game is free to play and *gasp* I have never matched a cheater in Splitgate. 343 really goofed on this one.

Also did y'all know that the Pulse Carbine and Skewer both show red reticle if you're leading correctly at a distance, much like the ghost reticle Elites had in Halo Reach's Invasion? Yeah, PC players can just fuck off in this regard, despite the fact the game is crossplay.

That is the reason that many Xbox players were hitting the Skewer and most PC players couldn't figure the gun out. 

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Metroid Dread, Forza Horizon 5, Splitgate, and Halo Jaun on the MCC

1 minute ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Metroid Dread, Forza Horizon 5, Splitgate, and Halo Jaun on the MCC

You are actually worse than Reamis.

• Fire (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Basu said:

Ironically enough, the pulse carbine's crosshair did change color when aiming at a target on PC. Same with the needler.

• Simms (+1) 1

Oh great, BF 2042 not only doesn't fix the problem of feeling disconnected from everyone else in the match but enhances it. Cool.

16 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Oh great, BF 2042 not only doesn't fix the problem of feeling disconnected from everyone else in the match but enhances it. Cool.

See that's the one thing I'm not going to judge too harshly on, even day after next when I play the beta. I've always felt like the sweet spot for Battlefield is roughly 20 on 20. So the 128 conquest mode, while crazy, isn't going to be my bread and butter gametype anyways. I really just want to see what the gunplay and movement feels like. The biggest version of Conquest I have any interest in is 32v32, anything bigger than that just won't be for me.

29 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

I think I'm noticing a particularly annoying trend in reddit/twitter game design discussions, and that is the rise of the subjectivist.

That is probably the most annoying trend in the entirety of Western Culture and Civilization, not just games. 

• Like (+1) 7

20 minutes ago, NAK said:

That is probably the most annoying trend in the entirety of Western Culture and Civilization, not just games. 

Blame Jacques Derrida, originator of postmodernism

To be fair, his work is fairly well reasoned if you read it. I like him. What I don't like is the cacophony of banal skepticism it spawned. 

I actually think that things like art and morality are undoubtedly subjective, and have rightfully been recognized as so. However, I do think that some metric of objectivity should be used in your arguments. I'm not sure how to define it. Subjective objectivity? Objective subjectivity? 

When you argue, you should try to have an objective and rigid system of logic personal to you that drives your subjective arguments if that makes any sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

>Why do you keep stating your opinion as if it's a fact?

I'm not. I don't have to preface literally every sentence I write with "in my opinion" for it to be an opinion. Unless I'm presenting something as an objective fact, then it is inherently my opinion. 

I've had to type out almost that exact phrase, I'm guessing around 100 times, in my roughly 10 years talking about video games on Reddit. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

Just realized El Town is Spanish for "The Town" :apg: