CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Approved.

As the thousanth page supreme leader of this thread, I overrule your approval and decree that all 2042 discussion must be taken to the HCS grassroots thread immediately and henceforth. Violators will join Cooper and Quiteman in dungeon.  

7 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah I mean I have ultimate gamepass or whatever its called due to it actually being an insanely good deal once you take a look at the available content it brings and one of the things it comes with is ea play so you can try 2042 if you have it. 

Normally I wouldn't hype them up that much over a system like that but its not very much more expensive than regular xbl gold but it comes with a lot of new games that you maybe would be interested in trying but not paying for as well as stuff like EA play and some discounts etc. Its probably the best 15$ anyone could spend gaming wise in terms of what you get back if you'll use it 

I have played probably a game a month at least from game pass.  Its also good because it has shit on it like lego games that my kid plays. its really a good deal and microsoft is most definitely losing money from it atm. Playing FF XIII right now, or i will be once we finish watching Midnight Mass. That show is :fire: if you like horror/thriller/occult shit.

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I'm very interested in this upcoming tournament. It will show us if this game will have competitive legs. To be honest, this game *might* be an ok BTB title and I can see myself playing BTB casually on it.

But for a competitive title, at the moment, I am not interested but the tournament could change that.

At least it has proper BTB.  It has that over Halo 5....
I want some Big Team Assault.  

7 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

equipment amplifies the power of a power weapon much more than it negates power weapons in the hands of the opponents.

7 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

When you combine equipment with power weapons it allows you to snow ball incredibly hard.

What if equipment was tied to certain weapons eg Spiker gives you grapple, Plasma Pistol gives you shield, Hammer gives you repulse?  Do you think that would help alleviate this issue as players wouldn’t be allowed to Spider-Man around the map with rockets equipped like they currently can?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I've kind of dropped the puritan approach with sandbox design.

29 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

As the thousanth page supreme leader of this thread, I overrule your approval and decree that all 2042 discussion must be taken to the HCS grassroots thread immediately and henceforth. Violators will join Cooper and Quiteman in dungeon.  

I wonder if Cooper was unbanned if he'd actually sign back in

19 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I wonder if Cooper was unbanned if he'd actually sign back in

Maybe he has already signed back in.

• Simms (+1) 1

You people need to stop reading and sharing those clueless Twitter/Reddit posts because 1- you wont change mind of those people, they are immune to reason 2- it's bad for you health 3- even if you are right and they are wrong it wont make any difference

Just fill your feedback survey, put in your honest thoughts and reason, it's the most meaningful thing you can do.

Prepare they will do meaningful changes only after the game will be out for certain period of time. Whether they wake up or fall on their mouth, it's all good for us.

Ftp market is unforgiving and the fall can be both quick and monumental. Let them do their thing.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Hemlax said:

2- it's bad for you health

But there are people on the internet who are WRONG!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

At this point i'm convinced that 343 shitting the bed is an integrated feature of the products the company offers, the consistent doubling down or even complete 180 on prior changes with no toilet paper in sight is enough

22 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

-snip-

Summary: Post-game report is unnecessarily shit

tumblr_penkwbXlsP1vl3hgd_400.gifv

I brought this up earlier as well with less detail. I know that a post-game report isn't a huge deal but it perfectly symbolizes how annoying 343 is.

I felt like I was playing a kids game looking at it. It doesn't give a summary of any hard data that even Call of Duty doesn't hold back on.

As for having to go to an individual player's stats to see their kills/deaths, this is 343's way of saying "See you can still see kills and deaths. No big deal." when they know that no one's going to want to do that especially with their clunky UI navigation. Taking away kills/deaths in the post-game summary for an FPS is a clear design decision in a pathetic attempt of 343 trying to get every category of people on this Earth to enjoy their game.

Again, I know it's not that big of a deal but I'm tired of seeing their unsuccessful philosophy touch every aspect of Halo possible. No stone is going unturned.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

tumblr_penkwbXlsP1vl3hgd_400.gifv

I brought this up earlier as well with less detail. I know that a post-game report isn't a huge deal but it perfectly symbolizes how annoying 343 is.

I felt like I was playing a kids game looking at it. It doesn't give a summary of any hard data that even Call of Duty doesn't hold back on.

As for having to go to an individual player's stats to see their kills/deaths, this is 343's way of saying "See you can still see kills and deaths. No big deal." when they know that no one's going to want to do that especially with their clunky UI navigation. Taking away kills/deaths in the post-game summary for an FPS is a clear design decision in a pathetic attempt of 343 trying to get every category of people on this Earth to enjoy their game.

Again, I know it's not that big of a deal but I'm tired of seeing their unsuccessful philosophy touch every aspect of Halo possible. No stone is going unturned.

I thought the Halo 4 UI was a huge step down from 3/Reach. Then came along Halo 5 - surely it couldn't get worse? Now with infinite, its infinitely more confusing and frustrating to navigate, but does have some decent aspects to it.

343 man....

32 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Taking away kills/deaths in the post-game summary for an FPS is a clear design decision in a pathetic attempt of 343 trying to get every category of people on this Earth to enjoy their game.

343 coming for Halo fans:  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

What if equipment was tied to certain weapons eg Spiker gives you grapple, Plasma Pistol gives you shield, Hammer gives you repulse?  Do you think that would help alleviate this issue as players wouldn’t be allowed to Spider-Man around the map with rockets equipped like they currently can?  

This would make much more sense for certain abilities and would allow weapons to have more niche uses besides "kill people faster in this scenario". 

Mainly Sword/Hammer with repulsor, Spiker and Hook. The Jackal shield idea sounds a bit too much like cosplay to me, but I like the general sentiment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Basu said:

The Jackal shield idea sounds a bit too much like cosplay to me, but I like the general sentiment.

The Plasma Pistol can always primary fire but the user can toggle alt-fire between the traditional overcharge shot or a new jackal style shield with a hole that can be primary fired through (only covers face and upper torso of spartan, gradually drains weapon battery while active).  The plasma shield can block an incoming overcharge shot, giving more nuance to PP on PP battles.  It gives the peashooter’s primary fire a bit more utility and forces enemies to use other tools besides headshots to finish the kill (sorry mpg tryhards).  

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

Just fill your feedback survey,

Where do you even find or access the survey? Couldn't find it last time or this time. 

13 minutes ago, NAK said:

Where do you even find or access the survey? Couldn't find it last time or this time. 

It's only sent to people with a positive K/D.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, NAK said:

Should be on your email you used when opting in for the insider program / your Xbox account email

Have they been sent out yet? All I have gotten for Infinite are the flight invites. Weird. 

After googling it it seems like not everyone gets a survey, which is idiotic. Why wouldn't you send out at least a basic survey to everyone just to get data from as many players as possible on some of the basics. I understand not sending surveys out with written responses to everyone though.

13 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Should be on your email you used when opting in for the insider program / your Xbox account email

Not everybody gets one.  Last time I think the only person on this forum to get one was NavG. I wrote up a whole google doc with shit in it in case i got the survey.  If i have to post on waypoint instead.. i better make it a 4 line TLDR otherwise i know nobody will read the whole thing

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Not everybody gets one.  Last time I think the only person on this forum to get one was NavG. I wrote up a whole google doc with shit in it in case i got the survey.  If i have to post on waypoint instead.. i better make it a 4 line TLDR otherwise i know nobody will read the whole thing

Didn't know. Doesn't make much sense. But again, what does.

28 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

They also didn’t do anything I asked for so don’t be too disappointed.

I didn't get a survey yet, and I was really looking forward to tearing into the game. Also, how is 2042? I didn't pre order it so I don't get to play unti the 8th.

24 minutes ago, Hully said:

I didn't get a survey yet, and I was really looking forward to tearing into the game. Also, how is 2042? I didn't pre order it so I don't get to play unti the 8th.

I preordered this morning.  Hoping I can download it tonight and try it out. I love that we can purchase via steam!