CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Dammit @Shekkles you've sent me on a r/Halo doom scroll. . . .

I think the "AR is gud" crowd wants the BR restricted to a cross-map role—they genuinely appear to not want a BR wielders to win engagements against AR wielders when hip-firing.

I'm ok with the BR losing if you completely whiff a burst, but it's perfect TTK should definitely beat the ARs.

BR perfect TTK beats AR perfect TTK

AR average TTK beats BR average TTK

This is assuming close range. Anything farther out BR should win out. 

Also off topic but is anyone else concerned about Frostys absolutely awful (imo) takes on Twitter about Infinite?

Some of them have left me scratching my head. Then again I'm not a world champ so *shrug*

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

That’s what we call a coomer.

I'm, I'm, I'm......cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooming

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Paladin_MI said:

Also off topic but is anyone else concerned about Frostys absolutely awful (imo) takes on Twitter about Infinite?

Some of them have left me scratching my head. Then again I'm not a world champ so *shrug*

Pessimistic view: He has a financial incentive for the game to be easy and cater to his skill rather than for the game to be fun and competitive.

Optimistic view: He knows what he likes and the game speaks to that.

• Like (+1) 1

Call me cynical or whatever, but whenever there are new games like this, never trust people that work in the industry. Whether it's a pro player, streamer, caster, developer, any type of content creator, etc. Anyone who benefits from the game being successful, whether that's directly or indirectly, will inevitably have biased opinions. Obviously there are different levels to the amount of bias, but it's there. It's not until the honeymoon phase of the game is over that unblemished opinions can start to emerge, but even then those same people will say what's in their best interest most of the time. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Hully said:

Call me cynical or whatever, but whenever there are new games like this, never trust people that work in the industry. Whether it's a pro player, streamer, caster, developer, any type of content creator, etc. Anyone who benefits from the game being successful, whether that's directly or indirectly, will inevitably have biased opinions. Obviously there are different levels to the amount of bias, but it's there. It's not until the honeymoon phase of the game is over that unblemished opinions can start to emerge, but even then those same people will say what's in their best interest most of the time. 

Big thing for everyone to understand is that you don't have to trust anyone with this game. Its free just try it and call it shit if its shit

• Like (+1) 1

You mean a "pro" who made his name on garbage team shot Halo games has bad takes on what actually makes for a good Halo game? I'm shocked!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Of all the players only Royal 2 was talking the truth. The rest of them were pretty quiet or hyping it. 

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

They're the same people that see half a boob by accident and need to rub one out. Dopamine slaves.

Why you gotta call us out like that

1 minute ago, iCUBANEX said:

Of all the players only Royal 2 was talking the truth. The rest of them were pretty quiet or hyping it. 

What was he saying?

3 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Nah seriously that clip is why the Infinite BR is too good/easy. That isn't serving its role as backing the sniper down that's bullying the sniper from across the map because you can drop a 4 from here to Egypt no problem with no hands. It would be different if hitting all of those shots consistently was difficult but descoping someone was pretty realistic. In Infinite it leans heavily into actually just slaying someone that peaks out easily from pretty much anywhere. That road leads to a place where the BR actually encroaches heavily into the sniper rifle niche via ease of use which is not what anyone wants to witness

They’ve made the BR way too easy at long range and way too shit at close range. I legitimately worry that BR starts really wouldn’t be that fun for these reasons  

Your earlier fix (h3 spread, quicker TTK, etc) is perfect for the competitive and casual communities. But 343 implementing something like that and fixing the weapon is a long shot IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Question for everyone here:

Is the Sidekick hitscan or projectile?

I could be wrong but since its Halo I'm going to assume every gun is projectile but they've upped the bullet speeds to the point that everything is effectively hitscan unless we're talking about the skewer 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Hully said:

Halo Infinite's honeymoon is a trip to the local Motel 6. 

Its crazy how everything 343 doesn't get right with Halo is what Splitgate did get right. That game is so smooth to play and I didn't even think about the controller settings once outside of swaping to bumper jumper lol. Obviously they have a lot of very not Halo things going on with their game as well but its crazy how they nailed the fluid feeling of playing a Halo game that 343 bricks every time

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Its crazy how everything 343 doesn't get right with Halo is what Splitgate did get right. That game is so smooth to play and I didn't even think about the controller settings once outside of swaping to bumper jumper lol. Obviously they have a lot of very not Halo things going on with their game as well but its crazy how they nailed the fluid feeling of playing a Halo game that 343 bricks every time

I put some time into Splitgate but my old boomer ass can't keep track of all the angles and portal plays happening. If that game existed without portals it would probably be my main game at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

The shot that kills him is like wut

Also the glare is real obnoxious

Yeah it sorta looked like the shot that killed him might have been laggy or something, but what does he expect? You peek the same spot 3 times in a row of course he’s going to laser you with a hitscan br. Maybe try peeking from a different spot? Lol at that look of shock on his face. “Y-you mean the sniper isn’t always a free kill in this game?? NERF THE BR NOW!!”

I'm sure there's hurdles with weapon balance, but as long as there is blinding glare that obstructs view of the entire player model at range I think that's a bigger culprit. Snakebite would of hit that if the glare wasn't a star. Outline needs changes also, Overwatch had a better system, less obnoxious.

10 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Reamis get off your alt

Fuck off  you’re garbage at halo

• Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

59 minutes ago, KelticDragon said:

I'm sure there's hurdles with weapon balance, but as long as there is blinding glare that obstructs view of the entire player model at range I think that's a bigger culprit. Snakebite would of hit that if the glare wasn't a star. Outline needs changes also, Overwatch had a better system, less obnoxious.

I agree to an extent but I’m not against it, as of now the BR at range is pretty strong. 

4 hours ago, TBCT said:

Looking at Shekkles thread, I fucking love how convenient the MuH iMMeRsIon argument becomes when defending a gun they like.

I love this response to a comment doing the same thing.

"Good logic. The Spartan Laser isn't firing Spartans out the end of it. Misleading name is misleading."

That was me, lol.

• Like (+1) 1

Lore kids have made me absolutely despise lore in games. Because they see something in the lore and think it needs to be in the game, not realizing there’s no way you could balance that 

4 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I could be wrong but since its Halo I'm going to assume every gun is projectile but they've upped the bullet speeds to the point that everything is effectively hitscan unless we're talking about the skewer 

This is the correct answer. It's just insanely high speed projectiles that only will require leading at absurd ranges, effectively hitscan. 

• Like (+1) 1