CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I checked r/Halo and my meme is the 4th listed post. I should make more memes for more internet points.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I checked r/Halo and my meme is the 4th listed post. I should make more memes for more internet points.

And it's only because we convinced you to post it. You should listen to us more often.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

And it's only because we convinced you to post it. You should listen to us more often.

Yes sir

8 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

The shot that kills him is like wut

Also the glare is real obnoxious

Something I’ve noticed with the BR is that the 4th shot usually finishes stripping the shield and will bleed through to get the kill. It makes it hard to tell when you are truly one shot against a BR user. I think they could could probably tweak some damage scales to fix this but still keep it as a 4sk, with perhaps slightly less red reticle range and aim assist, and slightly faster fire rate.

I feel in that clip that the BR is serving an intended function of backing down a sniper who keeps poking out. Snakebite is just used to sniper = free kills for a long time now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

The shot that kills him is like wut

Also the glare is real obnoxious

Streamers must love the rubbish starter weapons because it allows them to get lots of nice multikills without pesky BRs descoping them.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, znot said:

simple, make snipe AND br projectile... 

This is legitimately the fix.

• Like (+1) 5

Nah seriously that clip is why the Infinite BR is too good/easy. That isn't serving its role as backing the sniper down that's bullying the sniper from across the map because you can drop a 4 from here to Egypt no problem with no hands. It would be different if hitting all of those shots consistently was difficult but descoping someone was pretty realistic. In Infinite it leans heavily into actually just slaying someone that peaks out easily from pretty much anywhere. That road leads to a place where the BR actually encroaches heavily into the sniper rifle niche via ease of use which is not what anyone wants to witness

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

he posted it yesterday and it got like 15 upvotes lul. reddit algo sucks

39 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Nah seriously that clip is why the Infinite BR is too good/easy. That isn't serving its role as backing the sniper down that's bullying the sniper from across the map because you can drop a 4 from here to Egypt no problem with no hands. It would be different if hitting all of those shots consistently was difficult but descoping someone was pretty realistic. In Infinite it leans heavily into actually just slaying someone that peaks out easily from pretty much anywhere. That road leads to a place where the BR actually encroaches heavily into the sniper rifle niche via ease of use which is not what anyone wants to witness

I entirely disagree here. snakebite only died because he was being greedy. The br is serving it's purpose by backing down the sniper but doesnt have any opportunity to kill. Except that sniper dude tried to contest while being 2 shot lol. Not  different than any halo game BAR halo 3. in ce, he'd have died the first time. halo2,4, and 5, the same thing happens. In reach, it's rng whether he dies unless you're playing some sweaty zb customs in which, he dies like h2. 

He dies behind a wall, but that's just network bullshit. I'm sure on lan he'd have died as well

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know what is the difference between science and religion? One is based on facts, other on faith. Science doesn't have have explanation for everything, but religion doesn't even need one. Once facts start to accumulate though, faith start to inevitably fade away, to the point, where believing is considered a sign of foolishness. More you defend your believes, louder you scream, more foolish you look.

Fact is, 343 is not here to make a good Halo game. They have proven it numerous times. They will bend and break anything to get better numbers no matter how it will affect the principles this franchise has been build upon. It's a case of a small, insignificant department in a huge corporate, where they are allowed to do anything they want, because in the end, it doesn't matter, because their PR is so strong, even if something went completely sideways, they will convince the internet it was their biggest success and they will capitalise on it. So they will get another go, they just try different algorithms. So it's neither science, nor faith, but capital that creates the reality. At least the medial one.

Question is dear player, where do you stand? Are you a skeptic or believer? You team Og Nick or Team Moses? Or somewhere between? Believe or not, the fact is, faith can help many people stay sane. But to what end? Is Seattle a sunny town or not? Is 343 an evil mastermind or talented studio fighting with corporate headquarters? Will Clap cover all the crap with power settings and flawless tournaments? Is Sidekick the perfect sidearm? And is Boyo just a NavG alt account? Is it Finite?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Hooked 1

6 minutes ago, Riddler said:

he posted it yesterday and it got like 15 upvotes lul. reddit algo sucks

Paying attention to what is and isn't upvoted is what gave it the small momentum it has.

I checked and no-one posts YouTube links there or if they do they get no upvotes. I then decided to post it as a native reddit video instead of a YT link meaning people could watch it without leaving reddit. I then recontextualized the title. Additionally I removed the nuance of the Halo 1/Halo 5 magnum overlays and removed the insult at the end (the one mentioning 0.45 K/D) making it more clear.

In this case, those changes managed to strike silver.

• Fire (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Riddler said:

I entirely disagree here. snakebite only died because he was being greedy. The br is serving it's purpose by backing down the sniper but doesnt have any opportunity to kill. Except that sniper dude tried to contest while being 2 shot lol. Not  different than any halo game BAR halo 3. in ce, he'd have died the first time. halo2,4, and 5, the same thing happens. In reach, it's rng whether he dies unless you're playing some sweaty zb customs in which, he dies like h2. 

He dies behind a wall, but that's just network bullshit. I'm sure on lan he'd have died as well

Oh no he died because he was greedy for sure I just don't think people would typically hit those shots in most other Halo games repeatedly. It wasn't that he was being shot it was that the other guy apparently couldn't miss and after playing the game I know for a fact hitting those shots wasn't challenging whatsoever where snakebite could hardly even scope. Only one of them was playing a game that was remotely demanding anything from them in order to fight that battle lol. If he were really trying to win he would've tried a different angle instead of considering a challenge that was clearly next to impossible in that game if he wasn't going to instantly peak shoot or no scope the guy

Also unrelated but I'm playing splitgate for the first time ever right now and its really sad how somehow they did Halo better than Halo despite all of the wonky stuff with the abilities

• Like (+1) 1

Dammit @Shekkles you've sent me on a r/Halo doom scroll. . . .

I think the "AR is gud" crowd wants the BR restricted to a cross-map role—they genuinely appear to not want a BR wielders to win engagements against AR wielders when hip-firing.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Dammit @Shekkles you've sent me on a r/Halo doom scroll. . . .

The dopamine isn't worth it. One laugh isn't worth 2 hours trying to find another. Pull up! 

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

I'll concede. FatRat is the one exception. But even Mint Blitz has jumped onto this bandwagon of 30-second clips with titles such as "Halo Infinite is INSANE," "Halo Infinite is BONKERS," "Halo Infinite is NUTZ." It's only a matter of time before he starts adding in open-mouth soyface pictures of himself to the thumbnails.

If you want to make a living in that field unfortunately you have to follow the trends. I only follow three gaming channels and 2/3 have started putting those garbage OMG faces and capitalized adjectives in the thumbnail/title. Their content is still good but the thumbnails are cringe. Definitely a case of don't hate the player hate the game.

Hate the people that lack the self control to see a shocked face and can't resist the click. They're the same people that see half a boob by accident and need to rub one out. Dopamine slaves.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Hate the people that lack the self control to see a shocked face and can't resist the click. They're the same people that see half a boob by accident and need to rub one out. Dopamine slaves.

That’s what we call a coomer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 minute ago, darkstar said:

That’s what we call a coomer.

I googled this and I was not disappointed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Looking at Shekkles thread, I fucking love how convenient the MuH iMMeRsIon argument becomes when defending a gun they like.

I love this response to a comment doing the same thing.

"Good logic. The Spartan Laser isn't firing Spartans out the end of it. Misleading name is misleading."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Keep in mind the silent majority seem to get the joke and are upvoting and moving on. Don't get bogged in the comments, I made that mistake last night and I shall not make it again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well boys, this is it.

I finally played infinite and I'm out. After 20 years I'm hanging up the gloves and moving on.

I uninstalled Infinite and MCC. Removed all sources of Halo from twitter and reddit. I mostly lurked here, but I had a good time while I was here.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Well boys, this is it.

I finally played infinite and I'm out. After 20 years I'm hanging up the gloves and moving on.

I uninstalled Infinite and MCC. Removed all sources of Halo from twitter and reddit. I mostly lurked here, but I had a good time while I was here.

But this is a pre-release build! I'm sure everything will be fixed and amazing by launch. 

You all know that the aiming DLC  patch will come in the premium battlepass  be free