CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

14 minutes ago, Basu said:

I keep hearing about the lack of aim assist, do we have solid tests on this and/or the numbers? People said the same thing when H5 first came out, and it of course turned out to be complete bullshit.

Shooting feels hard... probably because the aiming is ass and we spawn with two short-range weapons, thus most engagements happen outside of RRR.

Same shit, different game really. Always get a crowd claiming "The AA is weaker than ever!" You know, the usual.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Basu said:

I keep hearing about the lack of aim assist, do we have solid tests on this and/or the numbers? People said the same thing when H5 first came out, and it of course turned out to be complete bullshit.

Shooting feels hard... probably because the aiming is ass and we spawn with two short-range weapons, thus most engagements happen outside of RRR.

Well hard to know that since when we don't even have red reticle anymore. Because 343 software engineers aren't smart enough to think of a solution without fucking the players experience. 

• Simms (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

Well hard to know that since when we don't even have red reticle anymore. Because 343 software engineers aren't smart enough to think of a solution without fucking the players experience. 

But bro, it's necessary for anti cheat! Even though literally any other PC game in existence didn't have to fuck with basic functions like red reticle to figure this out, but I swear 343 knows what they're doing with anti cheat.

• Toxic (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Basu said:

But bro, it's necessary for anti cheat! Even though literally any other PC game in existence didn't have to fuck with basic functions like red reticle to figure this out, but I swear 343 knows what they're doing with anti cheat.

6 years and 500 millions. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

What community? Almost every subset of the Halo community that was built up during the Halo 1-3 years is pretty much dead and gone, and so much of our best talent has moved on to other games, some of which became far bigger than Halo would ever have allowed, and this is entirely the fault of 343’s incompetence. Halo 4 single handedly murdered the competitive scene, and many Halo 5 events under ESL were run so poorly that we were never able to make a full return to form. Do you not remember the 2017 World Championship that took place in a fucking birthday tent?

But I mean, seriously, what community is left? Because it’s nowhere near what it was, and it’s blind optimism to think this game is going to somehow be a huge hit. The comp. scene has been dead for like, two years now, the Forge scene is dead, speed running is dead, it’s been god knows how long since a Halo machinima was made, any Halo montage that is uploaded gets maybe a few hundred views at best. Any Halo-related content that garners respectable views on YouTube is cookie cutter garbage like “Halo Infinite grapple is INSANE”. It’s such a hallowed out community it’s sickening. 

Growing up, almost every single one of my friends played Halo daily, and now I’m the only person I know that plays Halo in any capacity, and it’s not as if all my friends and peers stopped playing video games or something. 

You've never heard of fatrat I guess...

4 minutes ago, Edain said:

You've never heard of fatrat I guess...

I'll concede. FatRat is the one exception. But even Mint Blitz has jumped onto this bandwagon of 30-second clips with titles such as "Halo Infinite is INSANE," "Halo Infinite is BONKERS," "Halo Infinite is NUTZ." It's only a matter of time before he starts adding in open-mouth soyface pictures of himself to the thumbnails.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I'll concede. FatRat is the one exception. But even Mint Blitz has jumped onto this bandwagon of 30-second clips with titles such as "Halo Infinite is INSANE," "Halo Infinite is BONKERS," "Halo Infinite is NUTZ." It's only a matter of time before he starts adding in open-mouth soyface pictures of himself to the thumbnails.

Ever heard him rage when one of his minions takes the sniper or laser? There's a reason his clips don't include his voice. They also try and make people one shot and avoid getting the kill. 

I've also seen him quit before the game started because he knew he was playing against good players. 

• Like (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, darkstar said:

To be fair, that behavior is what Youtube's algorithm promotes. Phil Jameeson has a great video on how short or vertical videos (or better, both) are taking over and if you're a content creator, it doesn't make sense to not be making them. Google has been pushing Youtube content creators to do this for years and it's gotten to a point where they're basically saying "do or die".

There's always been backlash to this but Google has been fully ignoring that and keeps moving in that direction.

As for the 343 positivity, that's no surprise. Catering to the young crowd who isn't going to care about Halo criticism is definitely more profitable on Youtube. They'll all eventually jump on the bandwagon when they see the engagements that their competitors are making.

35 minutes ago, darkstar said:

And that's why we watch fatrat over mint blitz.

10 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

To be fair, that behavior is what Youtube's algorithm promotes. Phil Jameeson has a great video on how short or vertical videos (or better, both) are taking over and if you're a content creator, it doesn't make sense to not be making them. Google has been pushing Youtube content creators to do this for years and it's gotten to a point where they're basically saying "do or die".

There's always been backlash to this but Google has been fully ignoring that and keeps moving in that direction.

Trust me, I'm aware of everything you just mentioned. Personally, I think it's by design to continue decimating people's attention spans as this is what is conducive to the consumption-based economy we have, so it's in the interests of giant firms like Google to design algorithms in such a way. Perhaps I'm attributing malice where there is none, but the elites of our societies aren't stupid and they're very well-versed in human mass psychology and brainwashing, but I digress.

21 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Ever heard him rage when one of his minions takes the sniper or laser? There's a reason his clips don't include his voice. They also try and make people one shot and avoid getting the kill. 

I've also seen him quit before the game started because he knew he was playing against good players. 

Send me a clip of that if you've got one. I only ever occasionally watch his clips, most of which are the insane trickshots he performs in campaign.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

People are just making up excuses for 343 when they say things like that. I challenge anyone to go play any MCC game at 120 fps on an XSX or better on a PC and then play Infinite on that same platform and tell me that just looking around isn't weirdly different. Its obvious that there is input lag above everything else and that something is extremely wrong with the deadzones since you can play MCC with default settings and modern aim and never in your life even think about them unless you've got a defective controller where on Infinite you're just out there trying to delete deadzones from existence because the game itself isn't responsive 

We need those guys that did the H5 heavy aim tests to make a return for Infinite 

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Aiming, console/MKB controls, outlines.

Everything. Blizzard perfected on day 1 with Overwatch in 2016.

Too bad Overwatch was one of the most frustrating games I've ever had the displeasure of playing

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ripharambe said:

I'm not going to say that I speak for Moses but I think Infinite has the potential to be one of the least teamshotty Halos we've had in a long time. The Sidekick and Commando are both difficult to use, especially the Sidekick. Of course someone at this point is going to interject that "omg the AR is too strong and there's bloom!!!, REEEE RADAR REEE". To which I say we've literally had to remove the AR from comp settings 4 games in a row now this'll just be the 5th. We'll see on Bloom but I've been seeing a lot of blowback and I expect people to demand 343 remove it or simply play a modded version on PC. Once that happens you have a high quality competitive Halo game.

I actually really doubt that the current Infinite balancing would result in less team shooting. Between the bloom, bad aiming mechanics and seemingly shortish range of the weapons we spawn with what I actually expect to see is a bunch of people unable to finish kills from a distance with the sidekick, a lot of spammed shots cross map and people needing to reload constantly mostly leading to a game where players escape regularly and a high degree of teamshot due to the fact that people are simply missing from reasonable distances with a small clip and are asking for/setting up for help with the team. The only way you reduce teamshot in Halo is by making the average time to kill much shorter so things happen before multiple players begin to react and influence the battles and I don't see that average taking a nose dive due to the stuff I outlined above 

That's also before we even talk about the pretty obvious direction we're going in where the reaction to that sidekick and ar will be us playing BR starts instead and that'll just be H2A with clamber and equipment. The leaked game modes we saw already for a competitive experience were no radar, BR start and no secondary which I can't really fault given the actual weapon balancing present in the flight 

On a personal level though with the flight weapon balancing if they pursue playing the game competitively with the sidekick and bloom I can guarantee that I personally won't be playing whatsoever. I think everyone has some point at which they draw the line and for me bloom is the line and why I quit playing Reach relatively quickly. Unlike the Halo franchise I'm not into repeatedly making the same mistakes. Its not as bad as it is in default Reach but I have already seen situations occur where shots miss due to the bloom and shooting slower would've just resulted in the other player having slightly more health before I died which is where I know that bloom is unacceptable and not working correctly since pacing wasn't actually an option and I'm just playing a slot machine in those instances 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 feels sweaty to them because it released at a time when Esports were reaching an all time high in popularity so 343 and Microsoft tried to "manufacture" an Esport using the Halo brand along with advanced movement trend chasing. The r/Halo types don't understand that they weren't even trying to appeal to the competitive Halo community for the most part, but the a larger "competitive gaming scene" in general, which his almost exactly why it was a relative failure. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Moses_FPS said:

I'm literally the most critical person of 343 on the internet but yeah I said that so 343 will "give me cookies" or whatever weirdo bullshit you think LOL

It's hilarious how little you've changed since the last time I was here 3 years ago

Again, I said it because I believe it and I felt good about it, as a matter of fact I thought I would get ratio'd by crusty halo boomers who still play h3 but it turns out most people who interacted with the tweet agree with me

I'm genuinely curious, what do you think my end game is?

do you think I'm trying to brown nose my way onto 343's payroll? Like I said I'm clearly super eager to live in a place that has sunlight <10 days a year :kappa:

also I find it hilarious that you guys are criticizing reddit for being overly negative, take a look in the mirror...

the halo community is doing just fine on twitter, and has been for years, this place fell off because it's toxic

I would appreciate it if you would stop this fake high horsery and stop trying to rile everyone up so you can justify your negative opinion of the place.

If you don't want to be here then don't be here.

• Fire (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I would appreciate it if you would stop this fake high horsery and stop trying to rile everyone up so you can justify your negative opinion of the place.

If you don't want to be here then don't be here.

Posts like this are exactly why he won't be here

• Simms (+1) 4

All I'm saying is Halo 3 BR bullet speed, reduced RRR, speed up the actual burst itself and add a marginally faster kill speed (0.3 seconds less or so) and you've fixed the utility weapon dilemma for Infinite without having to adjust anything else in the game if you want a cheat sheet @343. That shit would fit right into the game they've made reasonably without doing anything to really change whatever their creative vision for the game is. If this is the pace of Halo they want that is the fix that makes people not absolutely hate people running around with a BR cross map. Projectile weapons naturally curtail people trying to laser from across the map by simply being hard to use from that far away which is fair and consistent and also leaves the door open to someone landing shots because they're just good without having to introduce randomness like bloom or creating an impossible aim situation from even mid range with the sidekick. 

Right now they're leaning too far in opposite directions between the sidekick and the current version of the Infinite BR. A BR sitting right in the middle of those two things is what they need aesthetically and gameplay wise and yes a BR with all of those changes I just listed would still get worked by the Infinite AR in casual modes in many instances even if it were a slight indirect nerf to the AR because it would just actually hit the shots people want the sidekick to hit but lose to an AR if you missed or didn't get first shot and they weren't missing which is fine because in the competitive settings that AR will never be allowed to see the light of day and it saves whatever sick enjoyment people get from an AR like that in the casual modes 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1