Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Halo is now the casuals' game guys, pack it up. It's beyond obvious who 343 are catering to, I can't see the competitive scene getting big at all when the default settings are this bad. 

There is no chance in hell 343 makes enough changes to the sandbox before launch or even the 10 year window they gave themselves to make this Halo game what we want it to be. 

What they SHOULD do is copy BF PORTAL and give us past Halo games' weapons, maps, etc. inside of Infinite and let us go to town. But seeing as how they added the "CE Magnum" into Halo 5 and made it fucking hitscan and dogshit easy, I don't see them doing anything close to that. 

 

We already have our version of that with MCC and now 343 uses that game as a testing ground for Infinite. 343 does not give a shit about the now "classic" experience. They were likely forced by Microsoft to make MCC for easy money anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It is a bug because in customs/training when a bot EMPED the ghost with the PP it worked. Moron 

If I ever find your address I’ll feed your pets  milk and asparagus so they shit and piss all over your house. Hope that $33 an hour covers the cost to get the smell out of your mattress that you didn’t feel like getting a bed frame for.

  • Toxic (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Halo is now the casuals' game guys, pack it up. It's beyond obvious who 343 are catering to, I can't see the competitive scene getting big at all when the default settings are this bad. 

There is no chance in hell 343 makes enough changes to the sandbox before launch or even the 10 year window they gave themselves to make this Halo game what we want it to be. 

What they SHOULD do is copy BF PORTAL and give us past Halo games' weapons, maps, etc. inside of Infinite and let us go to town. But seeing as how they added the "CE Magnum" into Halo 5 and made it fucking hitscan and dogshit easy, I don't see them doing anything close to that. 

 

BF portal esque possibility would be awesome. Where is my needle rifle and focus rifle??? Not sure why 343 is so hell bent on removing things and replacing with others. Commando is cool but doesn't mean the DMR can't be in the game in some capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

If I ever find your address I’ll feed your pets  milk and asparagus so they shit and piss all over your house. Hope that $33 an hour covers the cost to get the smell out of your mattress that you didn’t feel like getting a bed frame for.

Lol fox run apartments bitch  wa let’s go 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Meek Meek Meek said:

BF portal esque possibility would be awesome. Where is my needle rifle and focus rifle??? Not sure why 343 is so hell bent on removing things and replacing with others. Commando is cool but doesn't mean the DMR can't be in the game in some capacity.

Nearly every weapon 343 has added has already existed and could have just been tuned slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Lol fox run apartments bitch  wa let’s go 

Ok dude I’m not driving across the country to give your animals diarrhea, please relax. Posts like this are exactly why 343 doesn’t come here anymore.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Looking at this video on Reddit makes me feel insane: 

 

There’s just no bullet mag on PC controller right? I was playing on PC controller and I can guarantee those would not have been kills for me. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, sporefrog said:

Looking at this video on Reddit makes me feel insane: 

 

There’s just no bullet mag on PC controller right? I was playing on PC controller and I can guarantee those would not have been kills for me. 

It's on PC so just mod a better aiming system

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

I mean you called everyone who doesn't like Infinite jaded boomers and said the same "best halo ever" shit that everyone who wants 343 cookies says. Believe what you want but the fact remains that Infinite has more issues than just a few old heads calling it bad. I'd like to see the game become good and be popular but as it is, it wont

I'm literally the most critical person of 343 on the internet but yeah I said that so 343 will "give me cookies" or whatever weirdo bullshit you think LOL

It's hilarious how little you've changed since the last time I was here 3 years ago

 

Again, I said it because I believe it and I felt good about it, as a matter of fact I thought I would get ratio'd by crusty halo boomers who still play h3 but it turns out most people who interacted with the tweet agree with me

 

I'm genuinely curious, what do you think my end game is?

do you think I'm trying to brown nose my way onto 343's payroll? Like I said I'm clearly super eager to live in a place that has sunlight <10 days a year :kappa:

also I find it hilarious that you guys are criticizing reddit for being overly negative, take a look in the mirror...

 

the halo community is doing just fine on twitter, and has been for years, this place fell off because it's toxic

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NAK said:

Have they said whether or not this is the last tech preview?

I think you guys may be underestimating what seems like a pretty strong desire among the casual shooter fans for literally any semi-competent multiplayer game to play that isn't just another re-skinned COD. Fortnite and Apex are still huge but don't seem to be at quite the same level they were at a few years ago either. This game will almost surely be the most popular Halo game since Reach in terms of retention and population and I think it has a good chance to beat it as well. 

90%+ of the critiques here are valid but 90% of the people playing the game are either completely oblivious to them or are incapable of noticing/understanding them. Just the fact that is is the first "big" next-gen game for Microsoft is probably enough to keep the game going for at least a year. If Forge and custom game settings are robust and supported then it might not even really matter what the OG base game plays like in the long term anyways. 

I doubt this game as it is now becomes the "next big thing" for any meaningful amount of time, but between F2P and Gamepass they'd have to try to not keep a pretty damn strong population for at least a little while. 

I agree with you. Part of my bitterness is that I can't spam the sidekick at full speed without my hand hurting and that's one of the main weapons I have to use right now. But I said before the game is "functional" from a gameplay perspective.

We have a local shooter Discord where I live, filled with people who love winning in all types of games. Apex, CS, Valorant, Fortnite, whatever. There is a dedicated Halo channel and the only thing people talk about in it is how cool the skewer feels, or how much fun the AR is to use. I asked them about getting BXB'd figuring they'd be frustrated with it, and nobody even knew what I was talking about.

This is what most people expect out of Halo. They want a game with funny looking alien weapons that make big explosions and they want to hold forward, even people who are ultra competitive in other games want Halo to be their fun eff around type game. I can almost guarantee this will be a very popular "fiesta" game which really fits the mold of what most of these people want to do in a Halo game. It'll be fine.

I'm not sure if there's space for me in this Halo game, specifically if the sidekick is the primary weapon (I doubt it will be), but this game is definitely ticking a lot of boxes for a lot of people.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Moses_FPS said:

I'm literally the most critical person of 343 on the internet but yeah I said that so 343 will "give me cookies" or whatever weirdo bullshit you think LOL

It's hilarious how little you've changed since the last time I was here 3 years ago

 

Again, I said it because I believe it and I felt good about it, as a matter of fact I thought I would get ratio'd by crusty halo boomers who still play h3 but it turns out most people who interacted with the tweet agree with me

 

I'm genuinely curious, what do you think my end game is?

do you think I'm trying to brown nose my way onto 343's payroll? Like I said I'm clearly super eager to live in a place that has sunlight <10 days a year :kappa:

also I find it hilarious that you guys are criticizing reddit for being overly negative, take a look in the mirror...

 

the halo community is doing just fine on twitter, and has been for years, this place fell off because it's toxic

What? The Halo community everywhere is dumb.

"Halo community is doing just fine on twttier." It's twitter. It's just a place where people can fill in their react dopamine. There's no community of anything there.

And how can a place fall of for being toxic when it was never on? Beyond was created years after the Halo community fell off. Shoot, the Halo Council was created after the Halo community fell off and Beyond was after that. It was created in darkness and will stay in darkness.

I just find it weird that you're talking about some Halo community slap fight. There are no winners for any Halo community in 2021.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Moses_FPS said:

the halo community is doing just fine on twitter, and has been for years, this place fell off because it's toxic

Reamis get off your alt

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Moses_FPS said:

the halo community is doing just fine on twitter, and has been for years, this place fell off because it's toxic

this series is dead due to a decades worth of decisions made to accommodate the whinging casual playerbase that moves on to the next flavor of the month after 6 months

if this is your idea of fine i sincerely hope you don't get paid to post opinions in any capacity

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

@Moses_FPS I will be holding you to your comment on infinite being the biggest and best halo ever. 

They're going to brag about the highest population ever for a Halo game in the first few weeks. Then those same people will never want to talk about population again after 6 months.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

They're going to brag about the highest population ever for a Halo game in the first few weeks. Then those same people will never want to talk about population again after 6 months.

We will at least have steam population tracking to see how the game does over time. No way to know Xbox population though.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

They're going to brag about the highest population ever for a Halo game in the first few weeks. Then those same people will never want to talk about population again after 6 months.

 

9 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

We will at least have steam population tracking to see how the game does over time. No way to know Xbox population though.

Does Xbox not have a most played games list anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

 

Does Xbox not have a most played games list anymore?

They do on the store (with no hard numbers) but 343 stans are certain how that isn't accurate. They are certain.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

We will at least have steam population tracking to see how the game does over time. No way to know Xbox population though.

There are so many better, and free, games on Steam than Halo Infinite. It will drop to "Top 100" on Steam so fast. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think its very likely that Infinite will have the largest Halo multiplayer population ever.  Its F2P on xbox and PC and believe it or not it still has significant brand recognition, that's enough.  Will that last beyond the first couple months?  From my experience and the feedback from my friends that have played it, no. BUT the truth is i'm not everybody, though my friends are a pretty diverse group of player types.  As much as people bitch about it now they 100% will come back when forge comes out, and the customs browser, and single player co-op. Not to mention the inevitable, if unannounced, ODST style battle royale mode.

Will it be the best Halo ever? imo no. Not with what I have seen so far. Will it be the most popular halo ever? It's entirely possible that it will.  I don't think that's an unreasonable take to have given the F2P element i already mentioned.  Hell, with the lack of aim assist and bullet magnetism in this game if they make some edits to the AR, Sidekick and BR this game could have the highest shooting skill gap since CE. 

The biggest problems this game has that I think 343 will simply be too stubborn to fix are the starting weapons and BR. And for BTB the toy-car-on-ice feeling of the hog and the totally OP ghost. The other shit like the HUD, annoying AI, etc will get fixed or at least have customization options added.  I think the aiming will get an overhaul, or at least a second option like MCC has, just judging by the fact that even reddit was complaining about it.

I think this game is going to be a bigger hit than people here want to admit. Its "good enough" in its current state that i'll put a few hours into it here and there. Though its not good enough for me to even think about spending any money on it or making it my daily gaming go-to.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I think its very likely that Infinite will have the largest Halo multiplayer population ever.  Its F2P on xbox and PC and believe it or not it still has significant brand recognition, that's enough.  Will that last beyond the first couple months?  From my experience and the feedback from my friends that have played it, no. BUT the truth is i'm not everybody, though my friends are a pretty diverse group of player types.  As much as people bitch about it now they 100% will come back when forge comes out, and the customs browser, and single player co-op. Not to mention the inevitable, if unannounced, ODST style battle royale mode.

Will it be the best Halo ever? imo no. Not with what I have seen so far. Will it be the most popular halo ever? It's entirely possible that it will.  I don't think that's an unreasonable take to have given the F2P element i already mentioned.  Hell, with the lack of aim assist and bullet magnetism in this game if they make some edits to the AR, Sidekick and BR this game could have the highest shooting skill gap since CE. 

The biggest problems this game has that I think 343 will simply be too stubborn to fix are the starting weapons and BR. And for BTB the toy-car-on-ice feeling of the hog and the totally OP ghost. The other shit like the HUD, annoying AI, etc will get fixed or at least have customization options added.  I think the aiming will get an overhaul, or at least a second option like MCC has, just judging by the fact that even reddit was complaining about it.

I think this game is going to be a bigger hit than people here want to admit. Its "good enough" in its current state that i'll put a few hours into it here and there. Though its not good enough for me to even think about spending any money on it or making it my daily gaming go-to.

I agree that it will be popular but not for the right reasons. I guess I want TF2 popularity where in general, the community loves the game. Not World of Tanks popularity where in general, the community just wants it to die but the casuals keep it alive.

If Infinite has an engaging community and is culturally popular even with the AR starts, then so be it. I can live with that. Though I don't see that happening. And in terms of Forge bringing back players, we thought that with Halo 5. Truth is, the game needs to be hot when Forge comes out.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

I keep hearing about the lack of aim assist, do we have solid tests on this and/or the numbers? People said the same thing when H5 first came out, and it of course turned out to be complete bullshit.

Shooting feels hard... probably because the aiming is ass and we spawn with two short-range weapons, thus most engagements happen outside of RRR.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Moses_FPS said:

I'm literally the most critical person of 343 on the internet but yeah I said that so 343 will "give me cookies" or whatever weirdo bullshit you think LOL

It's hilarious how little you've changed since the last time I was here 3 years ago

 

Again, I said it because I believe it and I felt good about it, as a matter of fact I thought I would get ratio'd by crusty halo boomers who still play h3 but it turns out most people who interacted with the tweet agree with me

 

I'm genuinely curious, what do you think my end game is?

do you think I'm trying to brown nose my way onto 343's payroll? Like I said I'm clearly super eager to live in a place that has sunlight <10 days a year :kappa:

also I find it hilarious that you guys are criticizing reddit for being overly negative, take a look in the mirror...

 

the halo community is doing just fine on twitter, and has been for years, this place fell off because it's toxic

Okay look,

I'll admit I was being petty by saying you wanted a 343 job. However, the first tweet I see from you since you blocked me on Twitter, for shitting on h5 events, is you pointedly trying to dismiss a portion of the Halo community that has had your back for years. Including trying to get you recognized for a pretty visible award through some gaming award show. The tweet also more or less in the same structure as every Halo youtuber who acts like 343 is their lord and savior. 

Honestly, I don't care much for your endgame. From what I know it was esports something. Just so happens you talk a lot about halo and tweeted a very "look at me 343, I'm a classic halo fan that loves your work" so I went with that. If you truly think what you tweeted, more power to you. I wish I was as optimistic about Halos future. There's a good game in there, as I and many others have said, but 343 has shown a lack of willing to change the game fundamentally. Currently infinite feels about as fun as halo 2 plasma rifle starts on midship. But a few changes and it could be amazing.

We may be more negative, but at least we have sound reasons most of the time.

Also as someone who lives near Seattle, there's plenty of sunshine. 

I genuinely hope you get what your after. Unless it's halo 2 smg starts level of boring, which is what we have in infinite now

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.