CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Do we have a TTK on the stalker rifle? 

About a second, give or take.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:10 AM, Geaux Andrew said:

...a chest piece that has actual wings on the back or some shit...

8FXGe50.jpg

Okay, what do I win?

1 hour ago, NAK said:

It is called the sidekick not the mainkick you moron. 

:walshy:

Shoutout to be downvoted for daring to question the point of a weapon made to intentionally be weak and immediately replaced by alternatives.

• Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I was laughing at some of these comments but they also made my heart heavy. I made a reddit account just to post that. 

I genuinely get this weird "sad weight" in my chest if I visit that website too often. I mean Reddit as a whole, not that sub. I visit it sparingly and only for occasional memes.

I know I use TB more than I should but at least a reasonable, if salty, discourse is available here and you lot make me laugh.

People seem to treat all comments on Reddit as throwaway opinions, there's no room for discussion.

My fault for using social media I guess.

I do think (hope) there is a silent majority here. Way more upvotes than negative comments. Its so hard to read the REAL sentiment since people usually only voice their grievances.

That's why I deleted my twitter account and haven't logged into my facebook account in probably 2 years.  Social media is by and large a toxic cesspool of manchild dick measuring. Twitter is the worst with the short character limit. Reddit's commenting/threading structure is straight garbage. Facebook is like the online equivalent of people putting up political yard-signs.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I was laughing at some of these comments but they also made my heart heavy. I made a reddit account just to post that. 

I genuinely get this weird "sad weight" in my chest if I visit that website too often. I mean Reddit as a whole, not that sub. I visit it sparingly and only for occasional memes.

I know I use TB more than I should but at least a reasonable, if salty, discourse is available here and you lot make me laugh.

People seem to treat all comments on Reddit as throwaway opinions, there's no room for discussion.

My fault for using social media I guess.

Reddit is full of bitter people. If you're generally positive, reddit isn't for you. They only argue. And if there's no an argument happening, someone will create one out of thin air. That site is designed to make you angry.

Reddit wasn't always the best place but nowadays, the site is pure trash. The Internet is begging for something new but someone with the talent and the ability to promote has yet to do it.

It is a shame that there's no "popular" place to discuss video games anymore. Everything is reactionary with no one saying anything that's more than two sentences.

56 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Give or take what?

A good Halo game

• Simms (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Moses_FPS said:

lol

believe it or not but I don't want to live in Seattle, I have hardcore depression + seasonal depression and I would probably never make it, I would love to work for Microsoft but I'm happy where I'm at, I have a good relationship with 343 + Microsoft despite all the shit I've talked over the years which really is a testament to the quality of people they have over there

if I tweet something, it's because I believe it and I feel good about it, I have 0 pressure to say anything on there, that's why I only tweet like 2-3 times a week

halo isn't my life, and it never will be, it's one of my interests and it means a lot to me but if Halo were to disappear tomorrow I would be fine

I actually had an interview today with a company that will allow me to live wherever I want and still contribute to halo esports, wish me luck <3

pretty much

that and I didn't want to split my content between here and twitter, especially when I didn't feel appreciated, why would I post on here for 300 people when I can tweet and have 100k people see it

anyways whats up, it's been a long time... halo infinite is about to pop the fuck off, microsoft isn't playing games this time around and Clap will never let us down

no forge at launch is a giant L but assuming the launch maps have enough variety we can survive until a hyped forge update releases, perhaps with a BR :thinking:

I mean you called everyone who doesn't like Infinite jaded boomers and said the same "best halo ever" shit that everyone who wants 343 cookies says. Believe what you want but the fact remains that Infinite has more issues than just a few old heads calling it bad. I'd like to see the game become good and be popular but as it is, it wont

• Like (+1) 8

20 minutes ago, Meek Meek Meek said:

LMAO what is this thread Waypoint Link

And an actual quality post, that seems ignored

Reveal hidden contents

rgzuayH.png

People like Stew360 are what keep me from visiting that forum. 

Have they said whether or not this is the last tech preview?

I think you guys may be underestimating what seems like a pretty strong desire among the casual shooter fans for literally any semi-competent multiplayer game to play that isn't just another re-skinned COD. Fortnite and Apex are still huge but don't seem to be at quite the same level they were at a few years ago either. This game will almost surely be the most popular Halo game since Reach in terms of retention and population and I think it has a good chance to beat it as well. 

90%+ of the critiques here are valid but 90% of the people playing the game are either completely oblivious to them or are incapable of noticing/understanding them. Just the fact that is is the first "big" next-gen game for Microsoft is probably enough to keep the game going for at least a year. If Forge and custom game settings are robust and supported then it might not even really matter what the OG base game plays like in the long term anyways. 

I doubt this game as it is now becomes the "next big thing" for any meaningful amount of time, but between F2P and Gamepass they'd have to try to not keep a pretty damn strong population for at least a little while. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NAK said:

Have they said whether or not this is the last tech preview?

I think you guys may be underestimating what seems like a pretty strong desire among the casual shooter fans for literally any semi-competent multiplayer game to play that isn't just another re-skinned COD. Fortnite and Apex are still huge but don't seem to be at quite the same level they were at a few years ago either. This game will almost surely be the most popular Halo game since Reach in terms of retention and population and I think it has a good chance to beat it as well. 

90%+ of the critiques here are valid but 90% of the people playing the game are either completely oblivious to them or are incapable of noticing/understanding them. Just the fact that is is the first "big" next-gen game for Microsoft is probably enough to keep the game going for at least a year. If Forge and custom game settings are robust and supported then it might not even really matter what the OG base game plays like in the long term anyways. 

I doubt this game as it is now becomes the "next big thing" for any meaningful amount of time, but between F2P and Gamepass they'd have to try to not keep a pretty damn strong population for at least a little while. 

I understand the average casual fan is not out there critiquing the weapon balance, but that doesn’t change the fact that this game is frustrating to play.

I’ll admit I am letting my opinion get through a little, but the last time I felt this way was Halo 4. I think 343 has really messed up this one. The rumblings from /r/Halo about “bad aim” are very telling.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

I think its the only weapon that EMPs vehicles now, since the Plasma Pistol no longer does. However, as is, it feels like it'd be more fun in Campaign, where the gimmick of hitting additional nearby targets will be more relevant.

I honestly dont get why the plasma pistol's EMP was removed. Apparently they're adding a UNSC device called the "Disruptor" that will essentially inherit the PP's EMP overcharge capabilities. But then I have to ask: why? Why take what was previously one gun, and split it into two?

The PP not EMPing is a bug they said 

5 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Surprise surprise.  Stalker Rifle looks like yet another gun that you have to reload to get more than one kill. Why do they want the individual to be so underpowered in Halo Infinite?  

I made an argument on Reddit for an increase mag size to the sidekick and the AR so you’re not reloading after every kill(because even the AR you need to reload to kill another shielded opponent) and I got downvoted

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

The PP not EMPing is a bug they said 

No it’s not, you fell for pro-343 propaganda.

• Like (+1) 3

It depends on what you define as success. My version of success is being culturally relevant, meaning there's tons of community engagement which brings life into a video game. You can feel the energy when playing a game with an active community. I don't see Infinite having that 6 months after launch. No matter the population, the community will still feel like a wasteland again. Games with the fraction of a population like Foxhole feel more alive than Halo 5 for example because the community is heavily engaged.

Though if success is defined through population alone, then it'll of course be a success. It's a F2P shooter with strong branding power. World of Tanks has a strong population as well though the community pretty much wishes it dead. A F2P can survive living off the "whatever" crowd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

What makes you believe the bolded?

I'm genuinely curious and I'll explain why. Basically from my time playing hands on with the game I would say that the performance in general was objectively bad compared to the actual visual fidelity but they also made objectively large strides towards correcting that so I'd say I'm probably neutral there and I can see the potential for it to go smoothly or poorly. The F2P aspect is huge but its undercut heavily, imo, by the fact that a 4gb graphics card is a requirement. At a glance that seems like not really the highest requirement as far as all of the available cards people might game with goes but with a second look you'll probably come to the same conclusion that I did where it actually is a steep hard requirement compared to most (all?) free to play games that are massively popular. Balancing and game design aside you also have inputs feeling "bad" like they did for the entire life span of H5. So for me I see reasons that it could potentially be a popular game (name recognition/free) but I also see the potential for it to also feel like a free game (poor optimization/bad "feel" with controls that turns people off/low end pc) and not interest people who have better options (fortnite/valorant/etc). I'm not against positivity but it seems maybe a little forced?

I guess what I'm saying is when I set my feelings aside and try to kind of just look at it for what it is I don't see too many reasons to really expect more than a mediocre game even though I think everyone would agree that I'm hopefully wrong about that. I am genuinely excited about and happy to see Clap back at it with Halo though and for those guys my expectations really are high and I believe that they will meet or exceed them. I've never had reason to truly doubt when he was in charge

I'm not going to say that I speak for Moses but I think Infinite has the potential to be one of the least teamshotty Halos we've had in a long time. The Sidekick and Commando are both difficult to use, especially the Sidekick. Of course someone at this point is going to interject that "omg the AR is too strong and there's bloom!!!, REEEE RADAR REEE". To which I say we've literally had to remove the AR from comp settings 4 games in a row now this'll just be the 5th. We'll see on Bloom but I've been seeing a lot of blowback and I expect people to demand 343 remove it or simply play a modded version on PC. Once that happens you have a high quality competitive Halo game.

Halo is now the casuals' game guys, pack it up. It's beyond obvious who 343 are catering to, I can't see the competitive scene getting big at all when the default settings are this bad. 

There is no chance in hell 343 makes enough changes to the sandbox before launch or even the 10 year window they gave themselves to make this Halo game what we want it to be. 

What they SHOULD do is copy BF PORTAL and give us past Halo games' weapons, maps, etc. inside of Infinite and let us go to town. But seeing as how they added the "CE Magnum" into Halo 5 and made it fucking hitscan and dogshit easy, I don't see them doing anything close to that. 

• Like (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

No it’s not, you fell for pro-343 propaganda.

It is a bug because in customs/training when a bot EMPED the ghost with the PP it worked. Moron