CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Lukes said:

Seeing this, I just wish it was Countdown remake. This makes me so not want to play the game.

Why do they have the same crate of like blue tanks and fire extinguisher on every human looking map in what seems like nearly every room? Why the hell would the fire extinguishers even look like that in 500 years and why do they need one every 20 feet lol 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

why do they need one every 20 feet lol 

Global warming you see

It wasn't enough to make the gameplay of Infinite boring, they had to make the maps looks as visually boring as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Remember when BTB was first revealed and people were worried about ordinance coming back and 343 reassured everyone that’s just how vehicles spawn in? Now there’s ordinance that drops on the map with no rhyme or reason and can contain anything from a grav hammer to a rocket or sniper which is somehow even more rng and less earned than personal ordinance drops. I just do not understand what goes through 343’s head when making these decisions. 

Focus group data has shown that unpredictable weapons being flown in from the sky is "cooler" and "more exciting".

You can look at this game and just tell it’s being made by a mega corporation who’s design decisions are informed entirely by charts and focus group data. Not a single aspect of this game feels inspired in any way. Even their decision to revert back to a traditional Halo art style feels so disingenuous, and this is apparent by the fact that everything’s a big mosh-mash between the various Halo games (Reach AR and armor, H2/H3 BR, H2A sniper, etc.). I’m sure there was a data chart presented at a board meeting showing that many players don’t like 343’s medals, but instead of taking the easy route and reverting the medals back to Halo 3/Reach, which would have required literally zero effort and resources and appealed to everybody in the process, they instead decided to redesign the medals for a third time and added a ton of redundant garbage medals (seriously, “rifle kill”?) and brought back the silly +100 crap from Halo 4.

This game is just such a cluster fuck of silly design decisions on top of silly design decisions, and everything just looks so uninspired. Nowhere do I see any passion or anything that looks like it was made by people who wanted to make a fun, well-rounded Halo game, just a piece of shit that was made to appease shareholders. I consistently place my expectations below zero and somehow this company manages to disappoint me. It’s incredible, really. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OG Nick said:

"Chess is too competitive, unfun, and sweaty when you only make legal moves and have to remember how all the pieces move. The "control the center of the board" meta is so rigid that you can't use anything else. Chess is so much more fun when pieces can move by any distance in any direction, and you don't have to make legal moves."

https://imgur.com/a/gUfxtXK

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 4

I've never cared less about Halo leaks in my entire life. It honestly doesn't matter what they leak, because the game is confirmed to be trash at launch, and for months down the line. You couldn't leak something 'good' if you tried. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Please, please, please post this in r/halo

Here you go. I will not be reading the comments.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

I broke my word and read the 3 comments and they're all positive somehow

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I broke my word and read the 3 comments and they're all positive somehow

Post is deserving of far more traction than 3 comments.

4 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Post is deserving of far more traction than 3 comments.

It's probably because it's a YT vid and not a native reddit vid.

Or because the title doesn't have enough context for a quick click.

Or it's not that good.

Or it's not the right audience.

Or I posted at the wrong time.

There are many reasons.

5 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

It's probably because it's a YT vid and not a native reddit vid.

Or because the title doesn't have enough context for a quick click.

Or it's not that good.

Or it's not the right audience.

Or I posted at the wrong time.

There are many reasons.

Needs more lore/cosplay.

• Like (+1) 3

What’s uhhh goin on with this music? It sounds like some generic post rock band.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

I know we never (understandably) give 343 the benefit of the doubt here, but there is no way that's a 4v4 map. Like come on.

Behemoth is one. I wouldn’t doubt this is one either 

7 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

What’s uhhh goin on with this music? It sounds like some generic post rock band.

20 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Needs more lore/cosplay.

I have a mildly successful YouTube channel (not the one I posted that meme to) and a couple of my videos have gone semi-viral and I've been in contact with YT about why those and not others and initially I held the view that the algorithm hates me but after having a senior analyst help me with the data it was actually quite interesting and I no longer believe the algorithm hates me. In fact it has made me more aware and open minded to what is popular and why.

It doesn't mean I know how to make something popular (though I will continue to try). Think of it like watching Kitchen Nightmares: you know how not to run a restaurant now, but that doesn't mean you know how to run one.