CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

22 hours ago, NAK said:

Is this a sniper? Seems like it might be a three shot kill weapon. I'm all for that. 

It'd be hilarious if we resort to stalker starts just to make the game work

16 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Whoa, that might be the ugliest Halo weapon to date.

It looks like a sportbike's instrument cluster. I like it.

16 hours ago, TBCT said:

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

not even close

Not a weapon, but I always thought the banshee was ugly as all hell. 

Ugliest weapon award goes to ravager though. 

Aaaand people want strafe nerfed. I hate this community and the games it has produced.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Truuuuuust me man I am working. I'd say more but my producer would yell at me.

Much love. Am excited to see what you have in the works, and I'm sure you know where to come if you ever need playtesters and honest feedback.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Truuuuuust me man I am working. I'd say more but my producer would yell at me.

From the way you've written about it in the past it sounds more Quake than Halo. But I hope it's more Halo than Quake. Like splitgate but without the stupid portal gimmick that screws the game up.

• Like (+1) 5

Here's a genius take on strafing from an r/halo poster

"The strafe speed feels more responsive, but this'll end up breeding gunfights that revolve around dodging left and right and spamming crouch, and that just ends up feeling a little artificial for skill input.

It makes precision weapons and vehicle ramming unnecessarily more difficult to use offensively.

It's also a little unfair controller players, who don't have the benefit of non analog movement through keys."

These people really don't want other players to get good at the game.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Mow said:

I was originally of the opinion that the AR didn't need to be nerfed but the rest of the sandbox needed to be brought up to par, after having played BTB, nah that shit can go fuck itself. There's no reason why a weapon that is that easy to use needs to be that supressive, currently BTB plays like shit with everyone either hiding behind rocks or sticking to their teammates like glue because the player is unempowered. I'm not sure I've ever played a game, let alone a Halo game, where you are so goddamn weak and unable to do anything off spawn, it's almost as if these issues could have been avoided with BR starts and projectile instead of hitscan... 

This was my feeling as well. I kept telling myself and others they only thing that was really game breaking about the AR was the headshot modifier, but deep down I must have always known that was wrong.

Even without headshots the thing lasers people down at close range faster than the BRs optimal kill time. Then put 4 AR users in the same area all spamming nades and firing through one another and you literally have the worst teamshot meta ever.

The balancing and gunplay in this game needs a total rework. Starting with friendly fire coming back--even for casual modes. Then I'd nerf the AR into the ground. 

• Like (+1) 2

Frosty is not the best person to comment on the strafing after the sniper bitching last flight, but he's not entirely wrong about the strafe speed being too good. Yeah, it's been way too slow in every other game, but this is just a step too far and does no favors to the game's aiming or weapons when everything takes so many shots. Even Quake has a bit of acceleration to its movement, so you can't just spam the strafe keys. Mindlessly alternating between A and D gives you such a huge advantage over anyone for so little effort because the guns in this game suck shit.
Instant strafe acceleration is something I learned not to do with Reach modding.

• Like (+1) 5

First time I played Behemoth yesterday. Not sure in what playlist it belongs, but hey, it does look and play like a Halo map. Almost like it was made by different people. Not build around clamber, makes big difference.

Fragmentation is a mess. Absolutely didn't feel the place, has no flow and balance. Don't feel like I want to play it ever again.

1 hour ago, Sitri said:

Frosty is not the best person to comment on the strafing after the sniper bitching last flight, but he's not entirely wrong about the strafe speed being too good. Yeah, it's been way too slow in every other game, but this is just a step too far and does no favors to the game's aiming or weapons when everything takes so many shots. Even Quake has a bit of acceleration to its movement, so you can't just spam the strafe keys. Mindlessly alternating between A and D gives you such a huge advantage over anyone for so little effort because the guns in this game suck shit.
Instant strafe acceleration is something I learned not to do with Reach modding.

Yeah if acceleration is too good there is no risk to changing direction. You dont stand still for a moment. And then there need not be any thought because rapidly changing direction is better than not. Spamming back and forth becomes the baseline UPON which more creative movement exists. I personally find that baseline reaction and aiming test tedious.

Just lower positive acceleration a bit. Dont touch top speed or deacceleration. Then you need to be more creative with movement to be hard to hit.

18 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

First time I played Behemoth yesterday. Not sure in what playlist it belongs, but hey, it does look and play like a Halo map. Almost like it was made by different people. Not build around clamber, makes big difference.

Fragmentation is a mess. Absolutely didn't feel the place, has no flow and balance. Don't feel like I want to play it ever again.

In before it was made my Certain Affinity

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sitri said:

Mindlessly alternating between A and D gives you such a huge advantage over anyone for so little effort because the guns in this game suck shit.

Would the strafe still be so offensive if you had a powerful utility weapon to counter it?  

Does the physical travel distance of the thumbstick prevent the skrafe phenomenon from occurring like it does with A/D?  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, potetr said:

Yeah if acceleration is too good there is no risk to changing direction. You dont stand still for a moment. And then there need not be any thought because rapidly changing direction is better than not. Spamming back and forth becomes the baseline UPON which more creative movement exists. I personally find that baseline reaction and aiming test tedious.

You should be punished if you’re caught standing still by an enemy.  Is this even up for debate?  

58 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

In before it was made my Certain Affinity

Is this a fact?

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Behemoth was made by a Forger. One I'm very familiar with.

Mothergoat?  

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Here's a genius take on strafing from an r/halo poster

"The strafe speed feels more responsive, but this'll end up breeding gunfights that revolve around dodging left and right and spamming crouch, and that just ends up feeling a little artificial for skill input.

It makes precision weapons and vehicle ramming unnecessarily more difficult to use offensively.

It's also a little unfair controller players, who don't have the benefit of non analog movement through keys."

These people really don't want other players to get good at the game.

"Mmm, should we make the fucking smoothbrain-design precision weapons actually decent or nerf the only hope this game has of being a decent entry?"

• Like (+1) 1

Uh, the strafe is nowhere close to being too responsive. It's marginally better than past Halos. The complete dumbfuckery of the weapons is the core flaw, and blaming a reasonable stafe is missing the issue entirely. 

Just now, BigShow36 said:

Uh, the strafe is nowhere close to being too responsive. It's marginally better than past Halos. The complete dumbfuckery of the weapons is the core flaw, and blaming a reasonable stafe is missing the issue entirely. 

I think we can all agree the sandbox needs fixed first before we discuss wider changes. As long as we have an easy as shit starting weapon, it's not really easy to say if the movement needs balanced or not.

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying the movement is the core issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing a bunch more here is the top list of issues

1.  bloom. FFS why? Remove it from every weapon that has it and just slow down the projectile speed instead
  2.  AR.  FFS why? It shouldn't have longer range than the PRECISION weapon i spawn with...
  3.  Ghost.  FFS why? Somebody at 343 with pull loves the ghost and wants to feel like a god in it.  The thing is so OP.
  4.  Aiming. FFS why? just copy/paste MCC aiming idk what the deal is.  I have it tolerable finally after 3 days of fiddling.  Deadzones down to 2 for everything. 5 acceleration. But man its still not great.
  5. Strafe needs a little acceleration time to it.  Not much, i want a more responsive strafe than any Halo game has had before, but its kind of ridiculous right now.

Also-rans

• BR is EZ-mode again. Just aim at the waist, free headshots for everyone!!
  • AI is annoying.  They need an option to just not have it. Or give me Friday from Age of Ultron that says more than the same 4 things all the time.
  • Bohe-meth is not a 4v4 map

I have a looooong list of shit, but this one would do wonders to improve this game.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

• Bohe-meth is not a 4v4 map

Great list. Agree 100%.

I do think Behemoth is fine for casual 4v4 ctf though. Upscaled 4v4 vehicle maps is something H5 was missing. Honestly I find Bazaar Slayer nearly as bad as Behemoth Slayer though.

I just have had no drive to play the flight. Like it was okay fun for the first flight in pvp but it was an auto fest. Seems like that's what 343 wants so I doubt it will ever change. 

Also Slayer sucks unless the map is designed for slayer. But then objective is still better. 

• Upvote (+1) 1