CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

29 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I sincerely hate the constant voices. Please 343 I beg of you make them stop. Let me turn them off. 

Just turn down voice volume all the way in the settings. I wish it was more selective as there are things I'd like to hear. But you can turn them all off.

16 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I played exactly one match of btb on fragmentation and really didn't playing again. This game is such a buzz kill. 

Also I'm pretty disappointed that fragmentation is as gloomy and cloudy as it is. I thought it would look sorta like infinity from halo CE but no. It looks like a bog standard halo 2 map.

I dunno, I loved almost every Halo 2 map. I'd argue that this BTB map is the best, most "Halo" looking map out of all of the ones shown/playable so far. Feels very Halo-y, if anything. 

1 hour ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

It’s a shame 343/Microsoft are running the tournament scene these days so we can’t just strip the game down to it’s most competitive state with custom settings and forge. We’re forced to compete on the garbage they give us. This game will have without a doubt the worst tournament settings we have ever seen (excluding the MLG H4 launch event).

Is this confirmed? I wouldn't be surprised since 343's ego is too damn big to let the community handle the settings.

2 hours ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

It’s a shame 343/Microsoft are running the tournament scene these days so we can’t just strip the game down to it’s most competitive state with custom settings and forge. We’re forced to compete on the garbage they give us. This game will have without a doubt the worst tournament settings we have ever seen (excluding the MLG H4 launch event).

I think the TO actually has a big say in this for Infinite iirc and its the guy that ran the MLG events. I'd be down to help make some MLG styled game modes again it was just rough the last few years because it was really 343 in control rather than a community group with some guidelines working towards better settings. Its hard to want to playtest or really discuss settings when you know its pointless but if 343 really does allow the community/to to have a say that would be enjoyable.

After playing the flight I can already tell you that as soon as forge is available I'd just go ahead and hard delete every spawn from the map they ever considered. I've never seen a game with dumber spawns unless you want to count bungie putting spawns top and bottom mid on guardian which is actually a feat they've managed to reproduce in this game on pretty much every map

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

For anyone who tried BTB can you tell me why certain players on my team are appearing in a different color? When I look in settings apparently these are my “fireteam leaders” but I was playing solo and there was nothing different about these players compared to the rest of the team. It’s just more visual disruption.

Your "fireteam" may have a separate UI color.

The stuff I'm more interested in looking for map wise is like what sort of map archetypes we're really getting. Really looking for 2 or 3 CTF maps that aren't Bazaar and hopefully an Oddball map. I think Recharge is my pick for a strongholds map from what we've seen and I'm hoping that the rest of the maps we've gotten to play on will be mostly absent from a competitive map discussion if the rest of the map pool has like any promise in it whatsoever. Probably need at least one more strongholds map that is good and then we'd have to figure out a couple of slayers probably. I want at least one good map that you could reasonably play ctf, strongholds and slayer on to help fill in some game modes for an extended series

25 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

The stuff I'm more interested in looking for map wise is like what sort of map archetypes we're really getting. Really looking for 2 or 3 CTF maps that aren't Bazaar and hopefully an Oddball map. I think Recharge is my pick for a strongholds map from what we've seen and I'm hoping that the rest of the maps we've gotten to play on will be mostly absent from a competitive map discussion if the rest of the map pool has like any promise in it whatsoever. Probably need at least one more strongholds map that is good and then we'd have to figure out a couple of slayers probably. I want at least one good map that you could reasonably play ctf, strongholds and slayer on to help fill in some game modes for an extended series

Live fire would work great with Oddball. The tower would be the dominant spot or the area where B is placed in strongholds 

Just now, Blackeyed Blond said:

But why do I have a fireteam if I’m searching solo?

because that's how battlefield does it and 343 has no idea what they're doing :^)

• Like (+1) 3

I've had a solid time with Infinite so far.

The AR needs to just go away and leave me alone. The grav hammer is also annoying. Although hitting those morons with a repulser while they swing the hammer is kind of hilarious. But some of these other weapons are honestly fucking awesome. The Shock Rifle and Ravager are amazing.

Hearing a lot of complaints about the sidekick which is interesting. Other than its effective range, I don't have too much of an issue with it. Getting kills spamming is near impossible because the gun lacks bullet magnetism. The amount of battles I've won by simply waiting the split second for the bloom to reset after spamming 3-4 shots, I wouldn't be able to count. Even more so because strafing in this game actually works. Its main issue is that it can't really be the main utility weapon because it lacks the range. I wish they'd give it more range because no matter how much the weirdos on twitter complain about no BR starts, the BR is once again way too easy to use. 4 shotting is a formality which is why I'm guessing the TTK is so slow with it.

So yes, operation #GiveTheSidekickAScope has commenced.

• Fire (+1) 1

If you think the "strafe needs to be nerfed", you deserve to be barred from playing video games in general and especially Halo. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

But why do I have a fireteam if I’m searching solo?

I honestly think it's because 343 was so desperate to show their douche bro poses at the beginning of each match that they break you down into teams of 4. Otherwise, it would take too long for BTB poses with the whole team. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's pretty hard to even think about comp settings until we at least know what 343 intends.

Quinn tweeted out a while ago there won't be grenade hit markers so we know they are willing to change things--but how much are they really willing to change? And who's feedback are they going to value when they make the initial settings?

Unless they have a secret Magnum or DMR hidden behind a curtain somewhere that's faster to kill and more difficult to hit shots than the BR, I have my doubts this game is going to work competitively. The lack of grenade hit markers isn't going to fix it.

4 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Did someone actually say that?

Some redditors do. It's honestly baffling.

I'm glad the multiplayer is free to play because no person should ever buy this.

• Like (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Some redditors do. It's honestly baffling.

Reddit is a cesspool of bad ideas. I guess it isn't surprising they think the strafe needs to be nerfed.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Did someone actually say that?

69hb7g2yj4r71.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 6

Yet he thinks thruster is better? Thruster is random! You can predict but there’s no way to know 100% of the time which direction an individual will strafe.

5 minutes ago, TBCT said:

69hb7g2yj4r71.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

I find myself getting shot in the back a lot, almost dying, but is the audio indication for taking damage like next to non-existent? Half the time I won't notice i'm dead until I look at my HP bar, but the audio queues for taking damage seem scuffed? I can't fully explain it lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just now, DyZ said:

I find myself getting shot in the back a lot, almost dying, but is the audio indication for taking damage like next to non-existent? Half the time I won't notice i'm dead until I look at my HP bar, but the audio queues for taking damage seem scuffed? I can't fully explain it lol.

Ok you must be deaf because I got no problems and I have hard hearing 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can somebody actually ban Frosty from posting Halo takes?

I don't think I've ever seen such ardent defense of utterly stupid mechanics. I knew that Halo pros could have fucking stupid opinions but his Halo 5 sniper rifle take was just ethereal. 

• Like (+1) 4

You know what counters an effective strafe?  An effective utility weapon.  Implementing one without the other is silly and really highlights just how much 343 doesn’t understand their own game, even after all this time, even after all that money.  They don’t get it and never will.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Horrid takes and Frosty might be the new most iconic duel 

• Like (+1) 1