CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

That technically is a good thing 

Missing bullets at random inside a gun's effective range is not a good thing.

• Like (+1) 5

Being able to see players behind walls is just plain stupid. Why can I still see players after they've taken cover? The outlines are way too strong lmao. 

1 hour ago, RatherSilentMr said:

craig-brute-sad.gif

MRW when I insult a caring father who ensures his children are comfortable and asleep before he uses his rare moments of personal time to play a video game that is near and dear to his heart.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Missing bullets at random inside a gun's effective range is not a good thing.

THE aR shouldn’t be good at mid range. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

21 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Being able to see players behind walls is just plain stupid. Why can I still see players after they've taken cover? The outlines are way too strong lmao. 

I think what that is, is your teammate looking at them. It’s another form of call outs and i Don’t mind. 

13 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I think what that is, is your teammate looking at them. It’s another form of call outs and i Don’t mind. 

oh, i super mind it. that lowers the skill gap way too much lmao. why even have mics. also plays out super whack. i can just randomly see people 1 shot behind cover that i otherwise wouldn't know were there. I feel like I have perm halo 4 promethean vision active. 

I played exactly one match of btb on fragmentation and really didn't playing again. This game is such a buzz kill. 

Also I'm pretty disappointed that fragmentation is as gloomy and cloudy as it is. I thought it would look sorta like infinity from halo CE but no. It looks like a bog standard halo 2 map.

24 minutes ago, Riddler said:

oh, i super mind it. that lowers the skill gap way too much lmao. why even have mics. also plays out super whack. i can just randomly see people 1 shot behind cover that i otherwise wouldn't know were there. I feel like I have perm halo 4 promethean vision active. 

Why have mice? Do people even use them in mm? It’s not like you can see them unless your teammates can. I think that’s perfectly ok. More games honestly should have it. Lowers the skill gap, idc! 

This BTB map is actually pretty cool IMO, I like the fact that there's plenty of different routes you can take and good amounts of cover so vehicles don't dominate as hard as they do on BTB in other Halo games, but the weapon sandbox is just awful.

You pick up a BR and the TTK is just sooooooooooooooooooo fucking long. By the time you finally kill someone at range you've got another 3 people spraying you with AR's and you die. Even with a BR getting multikills is nearly impossible because of the range of the AR and its tiny TTK. Nearly every time I killed an opponent I had to hide and recharge my shields, even if it's a perfect 4 shot BR kill. Against players with awareness it's just a 50/50 if you win a fight with an AR.

The Commando has a great TTK, but at long range on maps this large you have to shoot so slowly to reset your reticle so it runs into the same issue the BR does except it's not as consistent.

I just had a game where I went 24:7 and another I think I went 25:5, but not once did I ever feel like I was "powerful" due to my skill, the only reason I managed to die so few times was because I was going around the edges of the map killing people that tunnel vision running in a straight line.

With the BR you can lose to weapons like the Pulse Carbine that literally require zero aim. I don't understand how the fuck 343 decided to make a game in which the skill required to use a weapon has no impact on its TTK whatsoever.

It's so fucking frustrating getting the drop on 2 players, you manage to kill one and get the other player to no shields and then you run out of ammo and die. FFS.

On top of this aiming on mouse still feels weird. I was playing with a guy with a monster rig and a 3080 and even he was saying the mouse felt weird and went back to playing with a controller.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

This BTB map is actually pretty cool IMO, I like the fact that there's plenty of different routes you can take and good amounts of cover so vehicles don't dominate as hard as they do on BTB in other Halo games, but the weapon sandbox is just awful.

You pick up a BR and the TTK is just sooooooooooooooooooo fucking long. By the time you finally kill someone at range you've got another 3 people spraying you with AR's and you die. Even with a BR getting multikills is nearly impossible because of the range of the AR and its tiny TTK. Nearly every time I killed an opponent I had to hide and recharge my shields, even if it's a perfect 4 shot BR kill. Against players with awareness it's just a 50/50 if you win a fight with an AR.

The Commando has a great TTK, but at long range on maps this large you have to shoot so slowly to reset your reticle so it runs into the same issue the BR does except it's not as consistent.

I just had a game where I went 24:7 and another I think I went 25:5, but not once did I ever feel like I was "powerful" due to my skill, the only reason I managed to die so few times was because I was going around the edges of the map killing people that tunnel vision running in a straight line.

With the BR you can lose to weapons like the Pulse Carbine that literally require zero aim. I don't understand how the fuck 343 decided to make a game in which the skill required to use a weapon has no impact on its TTK whatsoever.

It's so fucking frustrating getting the drop on 2 players, you manage to kill one and get the other player to no shields and then you run out of ammo and die. FFS.

On top of this aiming on mouse still feels weird. I was playing with a guy with a monster rig and a 3080 and even he was saying the mouse felt weird and went back to playing with a controller.

Completely agree. No one asked 343 to change the established weapons, and yet here we are with pos reimagined bullshit. 

Commando is nice, but playing on PC with no RRR makes it an exercise in frustration.

One of the loading screen tips says that your reticle will turn red to indicate enemies are in range. Umm… 343 you sure about that?

Another load tip encourages you to scavenge bodies and weapon racks to gain an advantage. Why don’t you just give us a decent gun off spawn?

And finally another load tip basically says how cool descope is. I guess they learned their lesson on that one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

And finally another load tip basically says how cool descope is. I guess they learned their lesson on that one.

you don't even get descoped with some weapons lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

The main reason I even play Halo is that I enjoy its mid to long range combat, and in this game the weapons you spawn with are just incapable of it. What's the point of playing Halo if the core bit of it I actually enjoy is largely stripped out?

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Why are we still matching groups when searching solo in 2021?

Halo 3. A game that came out in 2007 has a better matchmaking system than 343 ever did. Searching a 4v4 playlist with a party of two? Match another party of two plus randoms for both teams. Searched with a party of three? Sometimes you get a 3v3. Searching solo? The majority of games are against other solo players. 

you never felt like the game system was gonna screw you over if you had no friends to play with at the moment. Easily the best matchmaking system Halo has ever had. 

For example, playing a 2v2 playlist on MCC is a nightmare. Going in solo you’re asking to get screwed over because 90% of the time, you’re playing a team. You get punished by 343 for not having a friend online to play with. You get uneven matched teams, teammates with no mics, etc and the experience is terrible. Go play the H1 playlist alone, lol. Now imagine 4s in the other playlists. 

matchmaking should be fun for all skill levels and party types. 

• Like (+1) 9

2 hours ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

One of the loading screen tips says that your reticle will turn red to indicate enemies are in range. Umm… 343 you sure about that?

Another load tip encourages you to scavenge bodies and weapon racks to gain an advantage. Why don’t you just give us a decent gun off spawn?

As far as I can tell they're just copy/pasted from Halo 5

Anyways though yeah 343 has been on this bullshit from the start. They do not balance weapon strength with difficulty of use almost ever and instead opt to balance ammo vs strength and that's why virtually every single power weapon they've ever created is brain dead and exceptionally strong. We already did that with rockets in our sandbox game and they have more nuance with travel speed and they're just over here remixing that one idea to death. The shock rifle is weirdly an exception to this whole thing where its absolutely disgusting if you land shots fully but its very hard to actually land those shots in a way that is fair and consistent and it isn't even put on power weapon pads for some reason despite carrying the same punch a sniper rifle does when you hit headshots. I guess it wasn't dumbed down enough to feel powerful. I probably shouldn't even have posted this since I low key want to see the realization dawn when the game fully releases with those shock rifles spawning on regular pads around maps and people start getting peeled every game and catch on to what its really going to do

My singular moment in the beta where I was like "Holy shit that guy just destroyed me" was some dude on mkb that basically snapped straight up to look at me falling on him and domed me with a shock rifle while I was shooting him lol I should've recorded it for him. Everything else has just felt average/kinda boring. I want to see more of that in Halo though where someone does something that's just actually impressive and you can't even get mad at it

1 hour ago, hvs500 said:

We already have 3 snipers 343i (the i stands for incompetent) 

I don't think it's that terrible to have some redundant power weapons. It's redundant spawn weapons that are the issue. This would just replace the sniper on some maps which is fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

what a shit vid, fucking use it on bots, dont just shoot the air... wtf

SHOW us how it works, one shot kill? two? what?

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Is this a sniper? Seems like it might be a three shot kill weapon. I'm all for that. 

I was really hoping I'd warm up to Infinite somehow.

But the more I play the more terrible the weapons Sandbox feels.

If they just stripped away all the excess from H5 and started adding new guns this game would be multiple times better.

And the H5 sandbox had it's issues. But this is unbearable. Like it's good that it's FTP because otherwise there is no way I'm paying money for this shit.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Whoa, that might be the ugliest Halo weapon to date.

13 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Whoa, that might be the ugliest Halo weapon to date.

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

not even close

• Upvote (+1) 6