CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

34 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

p4DZvz5.jpg

:wutface:

I had to unsubscribe.  Any good Halo content creators to sub to?

Not really. You're not gonna get too many people making a big effort to make content most people don't care about these days.

43 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I had to unsubscribe.  Any good Halo content creators to sub to?

Twitch in bold and YT in italics.

CE: Missingno, The Beach LANHasukuCE

H2: Stormy H2, Hurricanefps, H2 tagers

H3: Take your pick here honestly. Personally watch Evadur 

Tommy Kost doesn't upload very often at all but his content is A1. 

• Like (+1) 3

How would 343 stop groups of friends playing together? 🤣
Same thing can happen in ANY fps out there.

A guy actually said this to me on Waypoint in a thread about party restrictions.

Hopefully everyone does the responsible thing and spends exactly 0 dollars on Infinite specifically until it works the way you actually want a Halo game to work. Its so easy to still try playing this game and not give them anything for it until they do something that actually deserves payment. This is also the fastest route to getting a better game or a new developer if it does go really badly 

• Like (+1) 5

50 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Hopefully everyone does the responsible thing and spends exactly 0 dollars on Infinite specifically until it works the way you actually want a Halo game to work. Its so easy to still try playing this game and not give them anything for it 

It will be really easy to not spend money on Infinite while I'm playing Battlefield.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hully said:

It will be really easy to not spend money on Infinite while I'm playing Battlefield.

Yeah lol there are plenty of games you could play instead but their gamble on f2p opens them up to actually getting destroyed sales wise if they don't push out a fun game since all of those day 1 multiplayer guys that disappear get to do that for free now. 

I'm just hoping people actually make them earn it instead of throwing money at the Halo brand without thinking. They're really out here moving to monetize their game like they already succeeded in making a stand out game and they haven't actually done so. They're probably praying for people paying full price for that campaign and double dipping with people doing the battle pass stuff but if the game doesn't actually succeed at holding onto people it could turn into a ridiculous loss which might be exactly what Halo really needed  

They're really out here seconds from disaster imagine it releases and something is wrong with the PC build and they anger the reddit hivemind and all that people see are complaints about the game not running well or working with steam reviews saying "mostly negative". Rest in peace profits if they 343 this release. Imagine you didn't pay full price up front for MCC on launch and then saw the train wreck lol. They better get it right is all I'm saying

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I'm starting to wonder if this game will even break even on development costs.

I know the rumor is 500 million. If the actual number is anywhere even close to that I genuinely don't see how they could. 

Can we stop echo-chambering in here?

I know the takes on the game are horrendous but like... Halo has been worthless since vanilla Reach so why is anyone surprised?

Hating on other communities for a game that has no hope in being relevant is turning this into an echo-chamber of shitting on bad takes.

Then again, the fuck else are we gonna talk about? There's nothing we can do about it. We're all Halo boomers lamenting the death throws of one of our favorite franchises.

13 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Can we stop echo-chambering in here?

I know the takes on the game are horrendous but like... Halo has been worthless since vanilla Reach so why is anyone surprised?

Hating on other communities for a game that has no hope in being relevant is turning this into an echo-chamber of shitting on bad takes.

Then again, the fuck else are we gonna talk about? There's nothing we can do about it. We're all Halo boomers lamenting the death throws of one of our favorite franchises.

I agree whole-heartedly. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the things you are talking about are a large part of the reason why 343 has chosen to forego our community in lieu of other less critical ones in search of feedback regarding the development of the Halo franchise.

• Simms (+1) 3

i think a scarier reality for team beyond is that the vast majority of casuals want halo to take this direction

yeah we can say that people left the franchise and they don't have a voice in it anymore because the game changed but like the average guy seems pretty fine with halo as it is, plus f2p this game will be a success at least at the beginning

who knows boys...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

i think a scarier reality for team beyond is that the vast majority of casuals want halo to take this direction

yeah we can say that people left the franchise and they don't have a voice in it anymore because the game changed but like the average guy seems pretty fine with halo as it is, plus f2p this game will be a success at least at the beginning

who knows boys...

I mean we are a couple months from release and the PC port of their XSX game is definitely feeling like that. They REALLY need to correct and optimize everything on top of supporting things like 900 series cards for release because they're getting close to a release date on a build that will just generate negative reviews and derail whatever hype they achieve on PC. That's what I'd be scared of above everything else if I were 343. They don't need a bunch of PC influencers and review sites/sections on steam going in on them if their plan was a successful f2p environment. They need to suck up to them and pay for reviews and stream sessions as well as making sure anyone with a toaster can load the game if they're trying to win in that department. 

I'm sure everyone has seen the New World adverts on everything with paid streams etc. That is how you do it now as far as advertisement. The big problem with their whole model is that you can just fumble the bag because a lot of the profits are generated from good reviews, sustainable populations and people who are addicted enough to continue paying into your systems. If you throw and the game is a bad experience you're just screwed by public perception and the people who do play are less likely to actually pay. I guess what I'm saying is that its extremely important that they make a great first impression with this game because it'll have real blow back if they don't unlike a lot of their games that generate a large amount of profit before they're even released 

I'm curious to see what you guys think about what exactly has been going on at 343 since the early days of MCC. A development cycle which completely missed its deadline but was forced to ship regardless, and only 6 months later (early April 2015) was the game finally patched so most players could even begin to find matches. This is not even mentioning the years of development it took afterwards to get it to where it is today.

Moving on to Halo 5. That game was essentially dropped and totally left alone for the better part of a year, with the first balance patch coming about 8 months(?) after release. Then assault rifles removed from competitive play after THREE YEARS according to their "data". Were they not collecting and analyzing their "data" for the first three years? How can such simple changes take so long to implement?

SIX YEARS later, we are staring down the barrel of a game that is not only going to release incomplete feature-wise, but is downright unfinished in terms of optimization, and general "feel". Without a doubt this game has had no more than 3 years of dev-time, but the question is WHY? What was going on for the first three years post-Halo 5 release?

Does anyone have any insight? I'm not even trying to attack 343; I have no connection to the software industry and I'm genuinely curious how a company fully backed by the Microsoft Machine with seemingly all the money they could possibly want seems to be so incapable of completing a product.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 2

19 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I agree whole-heartedly. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the things you are talking about are a large part of the reason why 343 has chosen to forego our community in lieu of other less critical ones in search of feedback regarding the development of the Halo franchise.

$6

29 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I'm curious to see what you guys think about what exactly has been going on at 343 since the early days of MCC. A development cycle which completely missed its deadline but was forced to ship regardless, and only 6 months later (early April 2015) was the game finally patched so most players could even begin to find matches. This is not even mentioning the years of development it took afterwards to get it to where it is today.

Moving on to Halo 5. That game was essentially dropped and totally left alone for the better part of a year, with the first balance patch coming about 8 months(?) after release. Then assault rifles removed from competitive play after THREE YEARS according to their "data". Were they not collecting and analyzing their "data" for the first three years? How can such simple changes take so long to implement?

SIX YEARS later, we are staring down the barrel of a game that is not only going to release incomplete feature-wise, but is downright unfinished in terms of optimization, and general "feel". Without a doubt this game has had no more than 3 years of dev-time, but the question is WHY? What was going on for the first three years post-Halo 5 release?

Does anyone have any insight? I'm not even trying to attack 343; I have no connection to the software industry and I'm genuinely curious how a company fully backed by the Microsoft Machine with seemingly all the money they could possibly want seems to be so incapable of completing a product.

My initial reaction was that 343 is actually just some Frankenstein studio that Microsoft just kind of fit together to drop Halo titles instead of a studio that actually had to be successful to survive and a lot of the people running it are just mailing it in and wasting the talent of the individuals employed by 343 and so their products reflect that. They wouldn't exist if they had done this with their own brand new IP

I refuse to believe all of the individuals hired by 343 would just be universally incompetent and incapable of working in the industry they've chosen. It has to be mismanagement of everything. Basically Microsoft nepotism instead of a results oriented hiring process is my my best guess when it comes to their management/higher ups whatever title they chose. That also completely explains how MS hasn't pulled the plug yet

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I have not become understood in regards to this comment.

Jokes aside your point is 100% correct

The funny thing is that streaming is such a large part of marketing these days, but I can't imagine any streamer wanting to play a game where it's nearly impossible to stand out from other players.

Do you really think Dr Disrespect is going to enjoy running around getting sprayed to death from the other side of the map by an AR every 10 seconds? It might be entertaining watching good players dunk on noobs for a day or two, but once peoples MMR starts to settle down and players are coming across more players their skill level winning battles is basically going to come down to luck or whoever has the most team members spraying AR's at each other.

At that point the game becomes incredibly boring to watch for pretty much everyone.

My prediction is that this game flops just as hard as Halo 4. There is simply too much competition from other free to play games (way more then there was when Halo 4 was relevant) and besides the "Halo" in the title there just doesn't seem to be much reason this particular game in its current state should convince people to play Halo over other titles. I mean, Titanfall 2 had grappling hooks and all sorts of crazy movement mechanics and it failed, so why should Halo Infinite be any different?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Do you really think Dr Disrespect is going to enjoy

If your question starts with this it doesn't matter what follows, the answer will be "no".

• Fire (+1) 1

Honestly they should have done a battle royal and a separate classic multiplayer experience. It’s clear that’s what appeals to the modern, casual gamer. Stick the goofy mechanics and sandbox into a giant map and let idiots fight to the death, but revert the core gameplay back to the old formula. Everyone wins. They had 6 years there is no reason they couldn’t have done it (besides institutional incompetence).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2