CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

12 minutes ago, TheFloyd said:

Not promoting BR starts , but turning into another H2A would be best case scenario for this game. H2A other than lack of maps was the best competitive experience since H3.

Hell nah. I don't think I've ever felt satisfied getting a kill in H2A. Game is straight easy mode. It's definitely not above NBNS Reach.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Hell nah. I don't think I've ever felt satisfied getting a kill in H2A. Game is straight easy mode. It's definitely not above NBNS Reach.

That i'll agree with, but what was there, like 1 tournament of that?

1 hour ago, Silos said:

In the latest Infinite flight the BR kill time was 1.34. If you're talking about H5 then disregard this.

Nah, it's actually 94 frames. The number after the decimal point refers to frames at 60 fps, not fractions of a second. So it's 1 second (60 frames) plus 34 frames. Each frame is 16.67 milliseconds, thus 94 * 16.67 = 1569 milliseconds.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Moyceyy said:

WHERE IS THE HALO INFINITE ESPORTS DISCUSSION 

@CyReN

Get rid of the caps before I get rid of you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Silos said:

I'm not trying to argue hundredths of a second here. But I just want to make sure I'm following the conversation. Are you comparing H5's BR to H3's, or Halo Infinite's to H3? I thought H3's BR kill time was like 1.59, but again I don't really care about hundredths of a second.

In the latest Infinite flight the BR kill time was 1.34. If you're talking about H5 then disregard this.

That video is where I got the TTK from as well lol. As Jukkis said, the units on the left are frames, not seconds. You can verify this by pausing and using the , and . keys to go frame by frame.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Get rid of the caps before I get rid of you.

I have not missed you one bit.

One bit.

10 minutes ago, Basu said:

That video is where I got the TTK from as well lol. As Jukkis said, the units on the left are frames, not seconds. You can verify this by pausing and using the , and . keys to go frame by frame.

What do you mean by "units on the left?" I counted the frames too and got 1.56 or 1.59 for the BR.

You can see how desperately they want to please the biggest crowd possible.

They want every player no matter the previous experience and skill feel powerful and be able to get kills. That's why the Ar is so powerful, that's why it can compete and beat BR even when shooting across the map. 

They fail to accept that Halo is not Cod and this approach will never work in the game.

Feels like there is big internal struggle between developers and management, because you can see Infinite made a step in the right direction when it comes to the advanced movement. They acknowledged H5 was too complicated for average player, but they won't accept Halo will be never as accessible as Cod. 

With their mighty marketing power, they can and will keep Infinite on life support for a long time, but with the ever shrinking population and the fact the game is free to play, they might actually set themselves for biggest failure yet. Yes, there will be lot's of players since it's ftp, but we all know how quickly can ftp games die those days. 

50 minutes ago, JukkisP said:

Actual TTKs in seconds:

AR     1.20
BR     1.57
Bulldog     0.53
Cindershot     0.85
Commando     0.92
Disruptor     2.02
Heatwave     0.82
Hydra (homing mode)     2.28
Hydra (normal mode)     1.42
Mangler     1.48
Needler     1.20
Plasma Pistol     1.85
Pulse Rifle     1.10
Ravager     0.33
Sentinel Beam     0.90
Shock Rifle     0.15
MK50 Sidekick     1.05

Pistol has a perfect kill time. If only it had the perfect range and no bloom.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JukkisP said:

Nah, it's actually 94 frames. The number after the decimal point refers to frames at 60 fps, not fractions of a second. So it's 1 second (60 frames) plus 34 frames. Each frame is 16.67 milliseconds, thus 94 * 16.67 = 1569 milliseconds.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Well don't I look foolish. Thanks to you both for the extra clarification.

• Upvote (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Goldpro will save us.

I am hopeful that one day technology advances to the point where I can reach through my screen and slap you in the face from where I'm sitting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know what makes the game more accessible? Removing sprint, if you include more button inputs to be able to do essential things like sprint, then you make games less accessible, people could play halo 2 with one hand lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JukkisP said:

Actual TTKs in seconds:

Out of curiosity do we have a reference vs the initial flight? Have there been any changes?

3 hours ago, adamisgood said:

Playing this was actually the most fun I've had on this game so far. lol

Man, Infection is actually going to be so much fun with bots, because I wouldn't have to worry about being a zombie now.

4 hours ago, AkaDemiK said:

Looking forward to after an hour into the next flight when social media/Reddit/waypoint will be flooded with “please give us BR starts, BTB isn’t fun/fair” from everyone who defended AR/Pistol start. They have to learn the hard way….it’s inevitable. 

Assuming the ranking system is turned on already, this won't happen.

The vast majority of players are trash and will be matched against players that are also trash. These players will proceed to run in a straight line and hold down the trigger and win 50% of their battles. As long as they can get their shiny new cosmetics they will never even look at or equip they will think this is peak Halo gameplay.

The better players that match with better players will get spawn killed over and over until they rage quit the game. They will post on forums, etc, only to have their voices drowned out by the masses.

If the typical /r/halo kid hasn't learned that the game is completely broken for competent players (especially on larger maps) when you don't spawn with a decent weapon, what makes you think this will be the time they learn?

• Like (+1) 7

4 hours ago, AkaDemiK said:

Looking forward to after an hour into the next flight when social media/Reddit/waypoint will be flooded with “please give us BR starts, BTB isn’t fun/fair” from everyone who defended AR/Pistol start. They have to learn the hard way….it’s inevitable. 

I plan to run a TO8 of sweats and we’re going to all grab the BRS and Commandos then were gonna spawn kill the fuck out of them. We’re gonna show people how powerless they’ll be 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

we need more bloom on all the weapons, so much bloom that I want NONE of my shots to hit the target.

the more randomness the more inclusive the game will be to all skill levels. Imagine Poker with Guns. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

the more randomness the more inclusive the game will be to all skill levels. Imagine Poker with Guns. 

No. There is of course randomness in poker, but it heavily, heavily favors skillful, experienced players. Bloom is like go fish.

59 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Commando starts > BR starts > AR starts

Commando with no bloom, 6 shot kill (and I would probably be ok with keeping the recoil) actually sounds baller

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

What we don't know is 343 is playing 4D chess and we're playing checkers.  They know the default loadout is going to suck for BTB and they'll use the blowback to change the starting loadout.

It kills me that they really just had to use the H5 magnum and go from there.  Reduce the AA a bit, make it projectile and reskin it as a DMR to shut up the "but a sidearm is supposed to suck!!" people.  

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Commando starts > BR starts > AR starts

Commando sucks right now. And even if we fix bloom and recoil the thing is just way too spammy. Missed shots are way less punishing and you can only kill like 2 players before reloading.