CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

7 hours ago, logfish111 said:

Played this for the first time last night and I have to say it is probably 343's best effort so far (well aside from H2A). It is definitely a lot more fun than H5 which had a wide skill gap but I found difficult to play for more than a couple of hours at the most.

I am disappointed they chose AR starts as this can make it difficult to gauge the quality of the gameplay and the pistol was completely ineffective beyond mid range. Hopefully they are not going to stick with AR starts as the default game type for launch. However, even in AR battles I found that the movement was good enough that you could make a pretty good fist of avoiding your opponent's shots which is a good sign for BR v BR battles.

The G Hammer is so OP lol it will need nerfed.

Out of the maps, I think Recharge has promise. Didn't like Bazaar at all as it is a 'standoff' type map but might work for ctf.

Overall, I am quite optimistic about this game from a competitive standpoint (don't hate). I don't really see anything that will help the game retain players better than the previous 343 Halo's have though. 

I probably won't read many of the replies here because I know what you guys are like. Usually it is just overwhelming negativity and complaining (don't worry that's every forum lol you're not unique). But if anyone wants to respond to my post with some constructive points about what the game's deficiencies I would be happy to discuss.

Lots of love

I'm kind of with you. I'm concerned that an individual player will be too weak to fight by themselves, but I mean I've had that issue with like 50% of Halo games.

Otherwise I think the game is fine. I doubt I'll grind it and fly to every event, but I've had fun this weekend and could see myself playing once or twice a month. And if my locals want to LAN I'll definitely show up and play. I know many here want something more than the game that you play occasionally, but at this point that's really all I'm looking for. Now I just hope the multiplayer isn't incredibly large so I can keep it on my computer and not think about it.

I really want to know how the game will feel with better weapons in your hands, that'll be the real test. I played against some pros yesterday when running in a four stack and the game was pretty fast. The most frustrating part in general was the team that lost the initial fight sometimes wouldn't grab a BR or commando for the entire game and would just get rocked. If everyone started with a BR or commando though, I think the game would be solid.

EDIT: For the map debate, I agree. In the BR rooms on Bazaar the counter is so easy to hide behind and is really tilting. It's not fun to fight around the counter, there's no interesting play. I feel there's a lot of rooms like that in all the maps.

5 hours ago, Munch said:

nosprint_noclamber

Honestly what does sprint and clamber actually add to this game that increased movement and jump height doesnt do better, clamber is such a fucking mind boggling addition to Halo , it feels like it exists to solve a problem it creates?

Dear 343: This is want we want for movement in a proper Halo title. Movement should be effortless and smooth, not bogged down with clamber and sprint and screen shakes and a non existent strafe. If you want to mix in a grapple hook or jump boost pickup or whatever then have at it but leave basic traits alone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Plasma charge no longer EMPs vehicles...

I have zero desire to play this game any longer. I don't have that drive to even load the game up. The H5 beta was better than this shit dude. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

6 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Does the shock weapon affect vehicles?  

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Does the shock weapon affect vehicles?  

Not sure. Doubt it if 343 can't even get the plasma pistol charge shot to do anything. 

Have these guys ever played Halo? Jesus. 

Christ, Halo 5 had a Pistol utility weapon and I really took it for granted. May never be another one.

• Like (+1) 3

Shock damage EMPs vehicles now instead of the Plasma Pistol. The grenades seem to do it right away whereas weapons need some sustained damage to trigger the EMP stun.

I thought the strafe was being praised during the last flight? Did they fuck it up?

Never ceases to amaze me how fucking stupid this fanbase is. People unironically defending bloom in September of 2021

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Never ceases to amaze me how fucking stupid this fanbase is. People unironically defending bloom in September of 2021

Bloom and recoil, why wouldn't I just go play CoD? It's honestly better than Infinite anyways, not even joking. What a sad time. 

@Sitri Now think about how bad BTB will be.  

Yeah so vehicles handle horrifically even though its really nice as far as being responsive. They don't feel real and they just accelerate and turn at ridiculous degrees while being extremely powerful. Ghosts reverse at full speed  

Every firefight feels like I'm in the middle of a bunch of children with bottle rockets. There is zero flow or predictability to any of this shit, and if I do win a 1v1, I've got about 1/10 of my health left so a random AR burst kills me. This is probably the most boring weapon sandbox I've ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

Every firefight feels like I'm in the middle of a bunch of children with bottle rockets. There is zero flow or predictability to any of this shit, and if I do win a 1v1, I've got about 1/10 of my health left so a random AR burst kills me. This is probably the most boring weapon sandbox I've ever seen. 

100% agreed, it's really fucking bad.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Why the fucking fuck, do they always have to change mechanics. Its so annoying.

36 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

This is why you need a developer with vision that knows what the fuck they are doing. It doesn't matter what idiots on the internet think if the devs have crafted a good sandbox.

1 minute ago, xSociety said:

The sand can get skidmarked by tires and nades bounce just like concrete. Sorry @Boyo

THE FUCKING SAND ISN'T EVEN REAL. IT'S JUST SAND-COLORED ASPHALT

• Simms (+1) 9
  • WutFace (+0) 1

You know things are scuffed when even Goldenboy speaks out about something. I've literally never seen to dude be negative.

18 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Is there actually a weapon in this game that shoots straight? Like, ANY weapon?

The BR

2 hours ago, Rdispushedback said:

Is it general consensus that the maps are shit.

Yeah but you can L       E       A        Dwith the pulse carbine.

Lol it feels like every teambeyond member including me is hyperfixated on 1 game design concept to an almost autistic degree. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1