CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

If I'm being honest I don't think that anyone playing on a controller would like to make a single concession for people playing on mkb. The mkb players are exactly the same it just sounds different because we're talking Halo and not CS and the dynamic/precedent is flipped around in the opposite direction. I think if they don't play fine together at a high level they just shouldn't be allowed to play together and for social who cares just let people opt out if they wish. 

Nobody wants weird solutions or evolving aim assist values based on skill lmao. They could rebalance the game depending on your platform if they wish but nobody should ever want to meet in the middle to have less of a game for everyone 

• Like (+1) 2

They added things to make gameplay feel more fluid and faster - like grapple hook, sliding, sprint - but the game feels soo slow at the same time. Could be a result of poor performance/optimization. I'm not sure what it is, but something feels off. 

The maps blow ass. I don't know how anyone can stand Bazaar. It's basically a low-tier Call of Duty map. 

I can't say I was wildly excited for Halo though. It's been 6+ years since 5, and given 343's track record, there wasn't really much enthusiasm on my end (that and old age). Them making the MP of this game completely free means it's going to rake in money with microtransactions. 

Hoping Battlefield is at least decent. 

34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I have a confession: I've never played Doom or Quake or Unreal Tournament in my life. I didn't touch a PC for games until about 2009 when I got my first job so console was everything.

Anyway. Thought I'd get Doom 2016 to give it a crack.

Ahaha yeah. Game fucking slaps. I have had so much fun. Glory kills, heavy metal, pure uninhibited good vs. evil win condition, always moving at max speed, insanely fun weapons. Game rewards pace and punishes slow. Beautiful presentation. Beautiful performance.

This is fucking awesome. The fuck does anyone need advanced movement when proper movement is this fucking good.

Anyway. I missed the latest infinite test.

You were better off playing Doom. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

This gun looks so out of place y'all. It looks like a retro sci fi raygun or something. 

I actually got a multiplayer game with that, the sentinel beam and the brute pistol thing for no apparent reason on recharge just one single time. It seems like it stripped shields really fast but seemed slow on actually killing someone solo. It did seem to arc and hit multiple enemies though. Sentinel beam has insane recoil and sucks. Brute pistol seemed pretty good

55 minutes ago, DyZ said:

They added things to make gameplay feel more fluid and faster - like grapple hook, sliding, sprint - but the game feels soo slow at the same time. Could be a result of poor performance/optimization. I'm not sure what it is, but something feels off. 

The maps blow ass. I don't know how anyone can stand Bazaar. It's basically a low-tier Call of Duty map. 

I can't say I was wildly excited for Halo though. It's been 6+ years since 5, and given 343's track record, there wasn't really much enthusiasm on my end (that and old age). Them making the MP of this game completely free means it's going to rake in money with microtransactions. 

Hoping Battlefield is at least decent. 

It is just a slow paced game, sadly. The movement and aiming is clunky as hell. Clamber is basically a requirement to get anywhere on these maps. 343 fucking sucks dude. They had such an opportunity here. 

49 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I have a confession: I've never played Doom or Quake or Unreal Tournament in my life. I didn't touch a PC for games until about 2009 when I got my first job so console was everything.

Anyway. Thought I'd get Doom 2016 to give it a crack.

Ahaha yeah. Game fucking slaps. I have had so much fun. Glory kills, heavy metal, pure uninhibited good vs. evil win condition, always moving at max speed, insanely fun weapons. Game rewards pace and punishes slow. Beautiful presentation. Beautiful performance.

This is fucking awesome. The fuck does anyone need advanced movement when proper movement is this fucking good.

Anyway. I missed the latest infinite test.

DOOM 2016 to Eternal is such an interesting case study, once you get to it. It's like the same game but completely different at the same time. Both amazing games but for almost different reasons. 

Only if 343 could have done the same to Infinite. Take Halo 3, which they obviously were "inspired" by, and make a new Halo game that is the same game but at the same time completely different. Sadge man, sadge. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

@Snipe Three That's reassuring. Brute pistol is my only hope for a good precision weapon. 

What do you estimate the ttk is like?

I don't think the ttk was very fast but it could just be because the period between shots felt really long. Mainly it was just very powerful and definitely had aim assist to make shooting very realistic close up. It felt like the bullets dropped over distance/were projectile but that could've just been some random animation since its not like I got to shoot it more than a handful of times. I spent a lot more time with the other two weapons unfortunately because they were just on their racks more

• Like (+1) 1

Imma laugh if the only worthwhile precision weapon turns out to be the Brute pistol. Y'all know for a fact they made it an alien weapon so there'd be no chance in hell it would considered for a starter weapon.

26 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

It's definitely a little over a second. Meh. 

It's nearly a second between shots

The gun is ass, just like every other one in this game.

• Fire (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sitri said:

It's nearly a second between shots

The gun is ass, just like every other one in this game.

The AR is pretty good. Have you tried it yet?

• Simms (+1) 5
  • Hooked 1

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Uhh... This anti-cheat is gonna suck lmao

This needs to be screenshot and framed, right next to the "no forge and coop or progression system at launch" announcements. What kind of dumbass tactic is this? WHY ARE THEY NOT INFORMING PLAYERS THAT THIS IS HAPPENING?

So you're telling me changing radar to sprint only will confuse the CoDtard audience, but you can just completely turn off red reticle, while in the same breath removing team colors and making us rely on a bad outline system? And all that on top of the usual 343-tier visibility and while aiming is fucked. Jesus.

This game is complete bonkers. Even if the flights started on time and we had 9 months to launch I'd be worried if they can iron out all the bugs, improve performance and resolve all the glaring balance issues. But alas the game is weeks from launch and everywhere you turn you notice another massive problem. 

• Like (+1) 7

23 minutes ago, sporefrog said:

The AR is pretty good. Have you tried it yet?

We're in a terrible place when the AR is the only good weapon in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Basu said:

This needs to be screenshot and framed, right next to the "no forge and coop or progression system at launch" announcements. What kind of dumbass tactic is this? WHY ARE THEY NOT INFORMING PLAYERS THAT THIS IS HAPPENING?

So you're telling me changing radar to sprint only will confuse the CoDtard audience, but you can just completely turn off red reticle (while in the same breath removing team colors and making us relying on a bad outline system)?

This game is complete bonkers. Even if the flights started on time and we had 9 months to launch I'd be worried if they can iron out all the bugs, improve performance and resolve all the glaring balance issues. But alas the game is weeks from launch and everywhere you turn you notice another massive problem. 

I also want to reiterate that the lack of RR does have an effect; there is NO bullet magnetism on PC.

I have no idea how this dumb shit makes it this far. "This is why we flight" my fucking ass. I could tell within my first game there was no magnetism on PC, I only realized it was a fuck up after I read that tweet.

• Like (+1) 2

After thinking about it, I think it's much more likely they just can't get RR to work on PC. It explains the lack of magnetism as well as their dumb as dirt excuse for leaving it out.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

After thinking about it, I think it's much more likely they just can't get RR to work on PC. It explains the lack of magnetism as well as their dumb as dirt excuse for leaving it out.

It's there in the training range and bot matches.

Just now, Sitri said:

It's there in the training range and bot matches.

Yeah, maybe just a matchmaking issue against other players. This would not even crack the top 25 of the strangest glitches 343 has been responsible for.

8 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Yeah, maybe just a matchmaking issue against other players. This would not even crack the top 25 of the strangest glitches 343 has been responsible for.

It's not a glitch if it's an intentional design choice.

54 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

no magnetism on PC

Good. Remove autoaim from console as well while we're at it. No one in the PC community is going to take a game seriously that literally has in built hacks lol. The idea of red reticle range is a hangover from early console days when we played on shitty CRT TV's where you could barely even see targets at a long range, crappy joysticks and slow internet.

There's no need for autoaim in Halo in [current year]

The aim assist for controllers should be enough for console players to keep up.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

Imagine if "competitive" settings are even remotely close to this. 

• WutFace (+0) 2

I feel bad for Uny. He has to deliver 343s incompetent decisions to the masses.

• Upvote (+1) 1