CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, Basu said:

I'm still hoping for DOOM Eternal MP to revive the AFPS genre. I think many people are bored of Military shooters and Battle Royale by now and Arena shooters might make a comeback, there just needs to be one solid game with a good dev behind it and tons of hype and marketing. 

Loadouts, wallhacks, and DeMoN RuInS! HA! I had such high hopes for DOOM too because the movement and shooting itself was fun as hell. I really hope the new DOOM fixes the problems of the first for MP but I haven’t paid much attention to eternal. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Loadouts, wallhacks, and DeMoN RuInS! HA! I had such high hopes for DOOM too because the movement and shooting itself was fun as hell. I really hope the new DOOM fixes the problems of the first for MP but I haven’t paid much attention to eternal. 

They specifically said that the MP won't be like that this time and also won't be outsourced to Certain Affinity and that id will handle it themselves. DOOM 2016 was also surprisingly fun, the Demon Runes, Hack Modules and Loadouts were clearly stupid design choices, but below all that there was a pretty much perfect game. Movement and shooting have never felt so good in an FPS all the weapons were fun to use and the art style and sound design and maps were all stellar. If they can cut the garbage and improve and this very solid foundation we might get a damn good game out of the next DOOM.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Idk not really. 

It's a relevant conversation to have, whether it is longer or shorter can be debateable which is why it's reasonable to discuss. There's a huge difference in game play if the ttk is 0.6s or 2.5s

13 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Do you think many don’t play quake because of the high skill gap? Was reading the apex forums and guys thread is about wanting them to not remove heal hopping. He makes a note how exploits can be skilled and mentions halo 2s button glitches and speed runners. One guy counters him by saying you shouldn’t cater to the 1%.

First of all its not bhopping heals.  its HEAL HOPPING.  and its an exploit.  I don't see any streamers in this game bhopping unless healing.

And "Normies" are what make games.    Is it good business sense to make a game just for the 1% of players?  Anything can be competitive and these pro players will play whatever they are paid to play.  Which is whatever is popular.

Quake died because of the enormous skill gap, and unlike counterstrike,   they didn't have auto balanced team mods on pubs  or community run leagues for all skill levels.   They tried to implement these things in  quakelive,  many years later too late,  and they catered to the "pro" players  allowing them to undermine their own rules by  stacking teams, smurfing and tier slumming matches.    They felt too entitled to stomp noobs and I see a trend happening here.

IDDQD is for removing HEAL HOPPING,  because the devs said it was unintended.  And a real pro should suck it up and adapt to the the rules,  thats why they are pros is what he said.   IMO, it won't change how good they are.

Shroud,  Mendoukisaii,  dizzy.  I consider them pro streamers.  They just want w/e is in the best interest for their stream money.  They are for kill points,   heal hopping,   peacekeeper fast reload etc....   Simply because it makes their stream more exciting, something to stand out and talk about,  and they want that extra crutch for showing off against newb players.

There are many examples of mechanics in this game that are done much better by the pros then amateurs.  Including movement regardless of heal hopping.”

You have no clue what you're talking about man lol

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Idk not really. Like considering how skilled apex is, clearly a long TTK isn’t the issue with being able to defeat two opponents by yourself, which is usually the basis of the reason for a low perfect ttk. One of you stated you like this enough because it’s fast enough to kill two opponents(or one of them) before they could react. With a higher ttk this isn’t completely possible. I think h5 ttk was fast enough, but then someone mentions the moment someone is shot they thrust, which is why if thruster stays in halo it honestly needs a NeRf. Like a small side step on Nerf. That way thruster isn’t a running away mechanic, isn’t a melee noob mechanic, is strafe dependent only, would please the idiots who say halo needs to change.

Halo 5 Universal movement should've used Breakout's health settings. the gun fights played really well that way with the really platform cluttered levels. just less ammo in guns so less spam. but now Halo has this bad stature stigma of being long ttk and thats what makes it "skillfull" even though ce isnt very long. but so people would see Low health in the game and cry that its CoD its Gay. without real context to the game flow. so we get generic blanket slate "lots of health" just because halo is known for "lots of health". and its snowball crap. an auto can gun down faster than a launch pistol considering average map engagement which is kind of wrong i think and breakout health equalizes that greatly.

halo 2 coined the longness and that wasnt even fun without br meta. 

i dare say breakout health wouldve kept machine gun users suppressed and lurking instead of spraying and dashing everywhere like they do. And the 3 shot normal magnum was actually really fun. im even thinking btb maps would rely on vehicle utility more and less power ranger dragon ball gun fighting. 

the 2 shot br would have to be a Single place power weapon  mini sniper or turned into something else but whatever

only thing actually hard contrived for the bloated health is the bloated hallway map design. get rid of it.

But whatever the fuck

• Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

You have no clue what you're talking about man lol

I was quoting someone from the apex forums jackass. I’ve only played quake a few times and couldn’t get the hang of it, it was just too hard to get a proper kill. To be fair I wasn’t a pc gamer at the time and my skills with a mouse were awful but still.

• Downvote (-1) 1

20 hours ago, Vyrst said:

Halo 5 Universal movement should've used Breakout's health settings. the gun fights played really well that way with the really platform cluttered levels. just less ammo in guns so less spam. but now Halo has this bad stature stigma of being long ttk and thats what makes it "skillfull" even though ce isnt very long. but so people would see Low health in the game and cry that its CoD its Gay. without real context to the game flow. so we get generic blanket slate "lots of health" just because halo is known for "lots of health". and its snowball crap. an auto can gun down faster than a launch pistol considering average map engagement which is kind of wrong i think and breakout health equalizes that greatly.

halo 2 coined the longness and that wasnt even fun without br meta. 

i dare say breakout health wouldve kept machine gun users suppressed and lurking instead of spraying and dashing everywhere like they do. And the 3 shot normal magnum was actually really fun. im even thinking btb maps would rely on vehicle utility more and less power ranger dragon ball gun fighting. 

the 2 shot br would have to be a Single place power weapon  mini sniper or turned into something else but whatever

only thing actually hard contrived for the bloated health is the bloated hallway map design. get rid of it.

But whatever the fuck

I could agree in concept. Tone down weapon's ease of use, keep the movement, up damage/lower health. Only issue is autos melted in Breakout like they did in normal Halo 5. I'd either nerf or just remove them, ala HCS.

Although, it'd make BTB completely dumb with vehicles are they are. Vehicles melt more than autos do NOW and are braindead. I'd just say remove vehicles and have BTB be.... (gasp) Big Team Battle, lol. Or make the vehicles on the map inherently harmless. Like a scout 'hog for flag runs.

Are we just ignoring that you die to one nade in Breakout, or...

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Why you downvote everything I say

• Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Yeah, remove nades, nerf them, or make 'em impulse nades. EZ solution. 

Sometimes I honestly don't know why I don't just ignore some peoples posts but on the other hand its hilarious to read it day after day and know that somehow they haven't been banned 

• Like (+1) 4

On 12/23/2018 at 3:45 PM, Basu said:

There's certainly a truth to her argument. The delta between power weapons and the starting weapon has increased with each game and especially from Reach on forward things have really gotten out of hand. But as always she takes things 10 steps too far ("let's remove all vehicles and nades from the game") by asking for the complete removal of all on-map weapons. What Infinite needs is a stronger starting weapon, a good strafe and actually hard to use weapon pickups. It's really not that complicated.

Also objective >> slayer any day of the week.

Define good strafe? Like you don’t know what that is at all tbh. You can’t find a game to define that appropriately. And if you use CE as an example we can talk about the knowing fact that aim sway shit won’t ever come to halo again. A strong utility is nice and definitely needs to happen, a fast strafe acceleration speed is also very welcome so that’s what I hope you mean by “good strafe”. So far apex legends has a good strafing ability that makes people miss shots really well, so that’s a good example I’d say. 

I actually always thought that Breakout had some potential. And I’d say the closest it ever got to achieving said potential came in the form of Elimination. 

Having to constantly reform your opening strategy based on what your opponent did in prior rounds, as well as predicting how your opponent will react based on YOUR previous actions is pretty interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Define good strafe? Like you don’t know what that is at all tbh. You can’t find a game to define that appropriately. And if you use CE as an example we can talk about the knowing fact that aim sway shit won’t ever come to halo again. A strong utility is nice and definitely needs to happen, a fast strafe acceleration speed is also very welcome so that’s what I hope you mean by “good strafe”. So far apex legends has a good strafing ability that makes people miss shots really well, so that’s a good example I’d say. 

How the fuck far did you go back to quote a post from 3 months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

21 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

3 months probably.

• Fire (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why you downvote everything I say

I go out of my way to downvote you, or anyone, when they call people names, like a child. It just so happens that you do that a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Bruh why you quoting a 3 month old post? Anyways, a good strafe means fast acceleration, decent base speed and fast back and forth turnarounds, not that garbage we had in Reach where you have to stand still for what feels like eternity to change direction. 

On 3/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

When I load this stupid website it sometimes does that. I didn’t realize it until I was too late.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, Hard Way said:

I go out of my way to downvote you, or anyone, when they call people names, like a child. It just so happens that you do that a lot.

Getting mad at insults is funny. 

On 3/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, Hard Way said:

Getting mad at insults is funny. 

I'd have to agree with Basu, v7 strafe does have a noticeable slow down when changing directions. It could have easily been better.

13 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

I'd have to agree with Basu, v7 strafe does have a noticeable slow down when changing directions. It could have easily been better.

Seriously where? How do you notice this shit? 

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Inconsistent acceleration when changing directions at max speed.

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You must be the only person I ever heard say that. 

38 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Strafe acceleration (or just movement in general) has been a pretty popular topic since Halo 3 man. There's a reason our base movement speed was faster in the MLG settings. If you're a competitive player, how you're able to move/strafe is very important. Good players notice it immediately because movement mechanics are something you understand in-depth the more you play. A lot of players when they begin playing the game tend to think linearly:

• I like X gun because it kills faster than Y
  • I like map because I get lost on Y
  • I like gametype because it's more fun to play than Y

Once you start understanding the game at a higher level, you're thinking about the mechanics that makes the game work the way it does and movement is definitely one of them.

55 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Strafe acceleration (or just movement in general) has been a pretty popular topic since Halo 3 man. There's a reason our base movement speed was faster in the MLG settings. If you're a competitive player, how you're able to move/strafe is very important. Good players notice it immediately because movement mechanics are something you understand in-depth the more you play. A lot of players when they begin playing the game tend to think linearly:

• I like X gun because it kills faster than Y
  • I like map because I get lost on Y
  • I like gametype because it's more fun to play than Y

Once you start understanding the game at a higher level, you're thinking about the mechanics that makes the game work the way it does and movement is definitely one of them.

No there’s mechanics even a comp player does think of. They may think of a strafe that works but that’s just about it. In h3 the BMS was too slow, that’s why it was increased, it wasn’t for the sake of “strafe acceleration”. Movement is important but the strafing in reach worked fine from my perspective and didn’t work too different from other halos. This miniscule time that it takes for the spartan to start strafing is almost non believable. Show me evidence of this.