CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Ce 4s dont suck. Its just 2s are a lot better and require less people so why play 4s? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope this game isn't another Battle Royale... But knowing this company there will probably be Fortnite dances included in Multiplayer.

4 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I really hope this game isn't another Battle Royale... But knowing this company there will probably be Fortnite dances included in Multiplayer.

See the source image

• Toxic (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 5

I can see it already.... They will allow you to use the forge oracle in the multiplayer to build stuff and have Fortnite dance microtransactions that can be used at anytime during the match called Spartan Taunts.

29 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

See the source image

This shit is so cursed. I can't believe this was ever in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I can see it already.... They will allow you to use the forge oracle in the multiplayer to build stuff and have Fortnite dance microtransactions that can be used at anytime during the match called Spartan Taunts.

My suggestion for bungie and then 343 a long time ago was just a 2 man BR squad game where one player is a monitor and the other a spartan. While not really the traditional Halo game people want I do think that could be a very successful take on a BR style game. Just put it on a wide open halo ring have weapon drop pods/covenant ships warping in and shit during the game etc. The game would honestly destroy any recent Halo in popularity if they ever did it right

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

What? It’s not misinformed at all. The opinion was CE 4s sucks compared to h3. 

I would rather play 8v8 Chiron than play Halo 3. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

CE is the one of the only shooters in history to have bullet sway; meaning the pistol shots will sway in the direction you're walking in.  So if you're walking to the right, aiming at head, your bullets will veer right at long range. You need to compensate for that and the projectile time.

A hitscan game with blown out bullet magnetism is the one that takes the most skill. Okay.

What is high bullet magnetism? Hitscan doesn’t magically make a game lack skill(CS). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

CE is the one of the only shooters in history to have bullet sway; meaning the pistol shots will sway in the direction you're walking in.  So if you're walking to the right, aiming at head, your bullets will veer right at long range. You need to compensate for that and the projectile time.

A hitscan game with blown out bullet magnetism is the one that takes the most skill. Okay.

Clearly bullet sway isn’t a liked or wanted mechanic 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Most people aren't really aware of it, so that's not really fair to say. The people that are aware of it tend to appreciate the depth it offers in your average pistol fight. Again, sadly, MCC won't really let you see this aspect of the game.

23 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Most people aren't really aware of it, so that's not really fair to say. The people that are aware of it tend to appreciate the depth it offers in your average pistol fight. Again, sadly, MCC won't really let you see this aspect of the game.

It’s a sense of randomize mechanic that decourages movement.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Saying that it incentives not moving is so hyperbolic no one should respond, but someone will. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Saying that it incentives not moving is so hyperbolic no one should respond, but someone will. 

Someone’s going to look at other halo games and like the fact they don’t need to do that. Perhaps in mcc because of a possibly worse hit reg, this is what makes it look bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

As exaggerated as my statement was, it doesn’t help that many games do this. They decrease accuracy(which is basically what that is) because of movement whom halos known for not doing. A reticule size customization would give newer players like myself an easier handle on this system of shooting and aiming. More customization is not bad.

6 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

As exaggerated as my statement was, it doesn’t help that many games do this. They decrease accuracy(which is basically what that is) because of movement whom halos known for not doing. A reticule size customization would give newer players like myself an easier handle on this system of shooting and aiming. More customization is not bad.

It doesn’t decrease accuracy in the sense that there is no randomness to it. It can be controlled and accounted for. It’s just an extra layer of shooting depth on top of it being projectile. Not only do you have to account for travel time but also trajectory (which once again is not random) based on your own movement. In some cases it actually encourages movement. If someone is running across your screen from left to right on Hang em High and you’re strafing left to right you actually have to lead less than if you were standing still.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

It doesn’t decrease accuracy in the sense that there is no randomness to it. It can be controlled and accounted for. It’s just an extra layer of shooting depth on top of it being projectile. Not only do you have to account for travel time but also trajectory (which once again is not random) based on your own movement. In some cases it actually encourages movement. If someone is running across your screen from left to right on Hang em High and you’re strafing left to right you actually have to lead less than if you were standing still.

Whatever happened to just simple bullets that go straight? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Not to be that guy but the bullet continuing it’s horizontal trajectory after exiting the barrel of your gun IS the bullet going straight. For the bullet to land where your cursor is when you pull the trigger while moving in a horizontal direction would require the bullet to veer off of its original path. 

• Like (+1) 2

Has anyone ever made a video demonstrating bullet sway? Never heard of this mechanic until just now.

6 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

What is high bullet magnetism? Hitscan doesn’t magically make a game lack skill(CS). 

No, it doesn't. But when comparing apples to apples (Halo to Halo) it is absolutely an example of lowering the skill ceiling and gaining nothing in return.

6 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

3 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

This is such low hanging fruit I'm afraid to pick it.

7 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It goes straight relative to the frame of reference of the person firing while strafing. Newton has laws on top of laws for that stuff.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s like talking to a creationist. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Not that I'm taking any sides, but I'd just like to say Reach is on the lower side of Halo when talking bullet magnetism. 1 and 3 are the only games with less/none.

• Upvote (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Not to be that guy but the bullet continuing it’s horizontal trajectory after exiting the barrel of your gun IS the bullet going straight. For the bullet to land where your cursor is when you pull the trigger while moving in a horizontal direction would require the bullet to veer off of its original path. 

Guess I was thinking something similar to apex legends. 

There's nothing random about it. You're just showing, again, that you don't want to learn anything new. You're saying "it needs to be simpler for me", even though it can absolutely be mastered, and is very fun once you have.

If your argument was "this needs to be better communicated to the player", like so many other things in Halo 1, then we'd be on the same page. But it doesn't need to be dumbed down, unless you are in fact too dumb for it. And if that's the case, then just say that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

this is the content I live for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1