CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Too be honest, I would love the idea of Halo Infinite being a modular game. Campaign missions can be added, expansions, firefight can be added down the line, new weapons can be added. 

BUT It has to shipped with traditional day one halo content or else riot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit I'm so disappointed.

I saw the trailer at the start of the Microsoft presentation and thought, "oh cool, a new game set in the Halo universe"...

Watched through the entire show expecting to see actual Halo 6 gameplay and got nothing.

No MCC coming to PC.

No gameplay.

No Halo 5 coming to PC (properly)

No new Halo 5 maps

Far out, give us something, anything besides a vague teaser trailer for a freakin' engine.

Is this franchise really expected to keep alive on a 3+ year old game for another few years?

If they want to delay the game an extra year or 2 that's fine, but we at least need something to keep the series alive while we wait. MCC on PC would be a great start and get streamers playing. Or how about an entire set of new maps, including some proper BTB maps.

Here's my predictions... Halo Infinite turns into another awful open world game where we go on a million fetch quests and we get a battle royal game mode after 50 games have already tried and failed to capture that market.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are people excited? The teaser showed us nothing

I'm just surprised. It looks so humble. This is the first time I've seen any real subtlety or change in the way they present Halo. I have no idea what's going on, or what's going to happen, and that's refreshing. It really is. Marines are there. Chief's there. Halo ring's there.

...I don't think all three of those thing have ever been present at any moment in Halo 4 or 5, heh.

Don't know what to expect. I didn't know it was continuation of Halo 4 and 5 at first glance which is VERY good and that threw me off-balance. I know one thing though, very good vibe from it. It's looking like pre-alpha CE's world (with the wildlife and vast landscapes) and that being the ONLY thing I can readily compare it to makes me happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know 343 has already mentioned that they'll bring back split screen, and Master Chief being the main character again, but looking at 343's track record I find it hard to be invested in Halo at this point. Next, I bet they'll say that Halo: Infinite will be always online. Which we all remember when Microsoft tried to do that, they got backlashed to hell. But yet for some reason, nobody wants to give other devs shit for making their games always online (Looking at you, Bungie).

Ya'll are disappointed because your expectations were all out of whack. I'm surprised we got any kind of trailer at all.

I'm in this camp. Wasn't expecting much. This MCC overhaul was a big hint.. but it's not a bad thing. Take 2 years 343, just make it right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No MCC coming to PC.

No Halo 5 coming to PC (properly)

I'm betting on these making an appearance at the PC Gaming Show tomorrow. There are a few unannounced presenters showing up for it, and the same guy who leaked Halo Infinite said there were two games being released/revealed.

Seriously. The MCC fixes are so that MCC can be a part of the PC Marketing of Halo Infinite. Halo Infinite is the first Mainline Halo game in over a decade, they are going to push it on PC as much as they can, and MCC (The ability to play the previous campaigns to get potential new players up to date on the story) is too good an opportunity to pass up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm betting on these making an appearance at the PC Gaming Show tomorrow. There are a few unannounced presenters showing up for it, and the same guy who leaked Halo Infinite said there were two games being released/revealed.

I dunno dude.

I don't see Microsoft giving up that sort of announcement at their own conference for their biggest franchise, that would make little sense.

I dunno dude.

I don't see Microsoft giving up that sort of announcement at their own conference for their biggest franchise, that would make little sense.

They did push HW2 pretty heavily at it last year. I'm really damn confident of this. 

M2AF: Downvote the ever living shit of this prediction if I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually can't see Halo succeeding on PC if it's exclusive to the Window's 10 store, the population will be abysmal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

I was expecting to see someone from 343 on the stage at some point during the conference to talk about Halo.

I swear the last time FPS Halo was featured at E3 was 2015 unless I'm forgetting something. It really feels that Microsoft has lost faith in the franchise or at the very least is putting it on the back burner for now. I know they didn't have much to show this year but they definitely had things to talk about regarding Halo. Although there has been this shift in focus on just going trailer after trailer at their conferences without much room for demos/presentations.

It just feels weird that their "flagship" series has had such little presence in their conferences lately.

They did push HW2 pretty heavily at it last year. I'm really damn confident of this. 

M2AF: Downvote the ever living shit of this prediction if I'm wrong.

Yeah, but that's Halo Wars. It has like a dozen players and most gamers couldn't care less about RTS in general.

I do hope you're right, but personally I wouldn't put money on it.

I was expecting to see someone from 343 on the stage at some point during the conference to talk about Halo.

I swear the last time FPS Halo was featured at E3 was 2015 unless I'm forgetting something. It really feels that Microsoft has lost faith in the franchise or at the very least is putting it on the back burner for now. I know they didn't have much to show this year but they definitely had things to talk about regarding Halo. Although there has been this shift in focus on just going trailer after trailer at their conferences without much room for demos/presentations.

It just feels weird that their "flagship" series has had such little presence in their conferences lately.

They're afraid of backlash. You better believe Halo: Infinite will be slapped all over everything everywhere if it turns out to be something people are super into but they don't want another disaster like MCC somewhere as public as it can possibly get or the lukewarm receptions H4/H5 ended up getting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep hearing about the idea of this being some sort of a re-boot. Forgive me for being stupid but would that mean they’d be awkwardly dropping the storyline as if Halo 5 didn’t happen, or do people just mean a re-boot in the sense it would be going more classic Halo in terms of art-style/gameplay?

I dunno dude.

I can see the potential, they xbox conference is mostly tailored to people who owns and plays on the xbox. But people at the PC conference might not have ever touched a console ever, so showing off that MCC is going to be out on windows 10 will promote their game to the intended audience which are PC gamers. 

Classic Halo will not return. Anyone with any hope that we will ever see a true classic Halo game again is naive. This company is incapable of making a good Halo game. They have proven multiple times that they are incompetent fools that push amateur products. Can't wait to hear what excuses the 343 apologists will have this time when this game inevitably flops.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I keep hearing about the idea of this being some sort of a re-boot. Forgive me for being stupid but would that mean they’d be awkwardly dropping the storyline as if Halo 5 didn’t happen, or do people just mean a re-boot in the sense it would be going more classic Halo in terms of art-style/gameplay?

People are saying soft reboot, so I'm thinking of star wars force awakens, story line is different yet familiar? 

People are saying soft reboot, so I'm thinking of star wars force awakens, story line is different yet familiar? 

and just as bad too

god I hope it's a prequel

EDIT: FUCK 3ebbce20c2.png

Could certainly mean either of those things.

What’s interesting is that at the end of the trailer Masterchief puts what is seemingly Cortana into his helmet (it could be another AI but it seems deliberate). If that’s the case and that moment has any relevance to the story then if it is reboot it may drop what happened in Halo 5.

god I hope it's a prequel

That's actually the worst possible thing they could do and would completely fuck up the entire Halo timeline. Humanity didn't know what Halo's were until Halo CE. That was the first time they encountered one. Having Chief on a Halo ring before Halo CE fucks up everything. Hell, they didn't even find the ring the game is set on (Zeta; Installation 07) until 2555, after the end of the Human-Covenant War.

It also has 10 Graveminds in Timelocks on the ring so thats a thing that would be fun to deal with. 

Classic Halo will not return. Anyone with any hope that we will ever see a true classic Halo game again is naive. This company is incapable of making a good Halo game. They have proven multiple times that they are incompetent fools that push amateur products. Can't wait to hear what excuses the 343 apologists will have this time when this game inevitably flops.

Well, this sorta thinking's just obnoxious. Yeah, someone's naive for thinking something may potentially happen when you don't, while you know for a fact this company, in spite of not completing their entire library of games in their lifetime is incapable of making a good one for a franchise. I know this may potentially just be angry hyperbole, but Christ. You have the act of someone who's needlessly angry down pat.

What’s interesting is that at the end of the trailer Masterchief puts what is seemingly Cortana into his helmet (it could be another AI but it seems deliberate). If that’s the case and that moment has any relevance to the story then the reboot may drop what happened in Halo 5.

Nah, it's a sequel. Full on, Halo 5's events have happened and are being added upon with this title.

I'm just surprised. It looks so humble. This is the first time I've seen any real subtlety or change in the way they present Halo. I have no idea what's going on, or what's going to happen, and that's refreshing. It really is. Marines are there. Chief's there. Halo ring's there.

...I don't think all three of those thing have ever been present at any moment in Halo 4 or 5, heh.

Don't know what to expect. I didn't know it was continuation of Halo 4 and 5 at first glance which is VERY good and that threw me off-balance. I know one thing though, very good vibe from it. It's looking like pre-alpha CE's world (with the wildlife and vast landscapes) and that being the ONLY thing I can readily compare it to makes me happy.

This about sums it up. It's got a good vibe going for it, at least. It has open potential, not just in plot, but in how it feels as a game. Feels so vast, like anything can happen. And I love it. Not knowing what to expect. It feels humble, and basic. Back to its roots in more ways than one.

My only concern is that, like Halo 5 before it, this game will just either never acknowledge or partially retcon past events. Essentially making a trilogy of disconnected plots, and art styles. Given, yunno, stuff changed from Halo 4 to Halo 5, which is now changing going onto Halo 6. Of course, the original trilogy also kinda had this sorta stuff to it, but it still feels connected in some way, mostly. Halo 4 feels like a continuation of Halo 3, with some obvious changes to art style. Halo 5 randomly stands on its own, almost ignoring Halo 4's setup. Then Halo 6 feels like a complete reboot dropping all this prior stuff (THUS FAR, not making a final judgement), and once again radically changing art styles. I'd be fine with a pseudo anthology format, given again, the origtrig is kinda like this too, but here it just feels so messy. Like you could make Halo 6 the real Halo 4, for all I know, rebooting and retconning this part of the continuity, and it'd work.

TL:DR: I hate most soft reboots. They mostly suck, and I feel that format may fuck this game over when it intends to be a sequel, much like TFA did to the origtrig of Star Wars. Personal complaint, obviously. I know I'm one of the few who cares for lore, but hey. It's a complaint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I actually can't see Halo succeeding on PC if it's exclusive to the Window's 10 store, the population will be abysmal.

Steam takes a cut of whatever is sold on their platform. Meaning that companies like Microsoft are simply never going to put their games there, especially since they're big enough to create their own competing platform (i.e. Microsoft Store).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to get hyped by story prospects but I just don't care for 343s forerunners. Don't care for a lot of the more they've brought forth since h4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking it was going to be a complete reboot until I realized MC is wearing Mark VI. Digging the art style so far tho. Saw someone say it could to be an open world Halo which would kinda be cool imo.