CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

It’s fair to note the most hate 343 saw regarding h5 was its campaign. Although it don’t help majority of the classic fans were banned on waypoint. And most fans for whatever bs reason are in the IdC boat if halo has sprint or not.

halos in a boat of right and wrong. One side is debating that halo is faster with sprint and one side says it doesn’t. It seems it does not matter how many facts we explain the “sprint makes halo faster, im a super soldier why can’t I sprint” crowd is more vocal in a way than we are. I don’t understand why people think halo should change its gameplay. CSGO just had a 500k tournament viewership! Go play CS source and CSGO, and tell me these games aren’t basically the same thing! This need to change the gameplay so drastically is what’s wrong here. I’d like a compromise of some sort, and the best solution I’ve got is thruster. Heck’s even a nerfed version be acceptable. 

You really want Thruster Pack, huh? Trust me you don't, not in a classic environment. It spawns more problems than you think.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If 343 wants to sell less than a million copies, then make Halo Infinite like Halo 5. If 343 wants to sell many millions, make Halo Infinite with original formula(no thruster, no sprint, no bullshit). It's really that simple.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

If 343 wants to sell less than a million copies, then make Halo Infinite like Halo 5. If 343 wants to sell many millions, make Halo Infinite with original formula(no thruster, no sprint, no bullshit). It's really that simple.

I feel like it would be more like a road to recovery from there instead of instant success. Halo's name has been tarnished for a long time now, so I feel if Infinite does finally remove the bullshit, the fans will naturally start to trickle back in. But it will take time.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Doesnt work like that. Copies sold is largely based on advertising, if its a popular series, and consoles sold. It doesnt matter if the game is shit. See h2, h3, reach, h4, h5, mcc, any ea game, destiny 2, any game with a sequel. See no mans sky, Completely shit game but sold millions. A good game only increases revenue after the hype with mtx or xbl or dlc. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

You really want Thruster Pack, huh? Trust me you don't, not in a classic environment. It spawns more problems than you think.

I’ve played h5 without sprint with thruster on and it played quite well. The reason I want thruster too is because out of all the abilities regarding h5 it’s the most loved. It honestly be perfect.  Sprint needs to go plain and simple. A compromise needs to happen and this is the best solution.

Yes, I have too, and for way longer no doubt. You only think it plays well until you go about 60 games in, then the issues start to really get annoying. Having a better strafe is infinitely better. (No pun intended)

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Yes, I have too, and for way longer no doubt. You only think it plays well until you go about 60 games in, then the issues start to really get annoying. Having a better strafe is infinitely better. (No pun intended)

Well we know for a fact 343 isn’t going to increase the BMS to 120% or whatever. And this is the best compromise I can think of that still retains simplicity which halo used to be known for! That’s the main problem in h5 and why h5 was considered too competitive, it was too complicated. It wasn’t simplicstic at all. There’s no way in hell 343 will go back to the days of classic halo, 343 has to find a way to mix the two groups together properly. We liked classic halo for its simplicity. If not thruster then ONE ability has to unfortunately stay. 343 added 7 abilities to h5 which caused this charade of complications. The only way for this to work is to have an ability that still makes the game play simple, like halo. One thing that could be welcomed is double jump, or clamber, or thruster. If you have something else in mind I’d be interested.

edited.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe “Agility” would make a good powerup. Just please God, no base trait abilities baked into the game and maps.

i enjoy the idea of radar being a 30s power up. maybe if it's not very effective it could be a team power up

also, wouldn't it make more sense to showcase infinite at 2020 e3 not 2019 e3? the announcements and details about the engine should be enough for a teaser this year

Radar should not be a power up lol

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

"Infinite looks so good we aren't gonna show it"

Ex-fucking-scuse me?

That is actually, literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard regarding anything Halo related. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That is actually, literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard regarding anything Halo related. 

Is it though? Is it really?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Maybe “Agility” would make a good powerup. Just please God, no base trait abilities baked into the game and maps.

Why the fuck didn’t you mention that in my compromise post!

3 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

i enjoy the idea of radar being a 30s power up. maybe if it's not very effective it could be a team power up

also, wouldn't it make more sense to showcase infinite at 2020 e3 not 2019 e3? the announcements and details about the engine should be enough for a teaser this year

Depends how much is done. Most games have at best 2 e3 trailers. A gameplay trailer is needed.

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why the fuck didn’t you mention that in my compromise post!

Well, to be fair, he probably could have if you weren’t just sitting there calling him a loser who just plays CE. 

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Is it though? Is it really?

The most tooth-grindingly infuriating? Nah. 

The stupidest? Yes. 

Related imageIT LOOKS SO GOOD LETS NOT SHOW IT

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The most tooth-grindingly infuriating? Nah. 

The stupidest? Yes. 

Sounds like the classic 343 move "do the opposite thing everyone wants"

Hire fans = hire haters

Show new game engine to generate hype = hide game engine because it's too good

I think I got this down.

1 hour ago, -DeucEy- said:

I honestly agree with Snipe Three. Fuck compromise. If 343 doesn't make a game that I actually want to play, then I'm simply just not buying the game and I've said this from the moment Infinite was announced. The moment I see an ability or sprint, I'm not buying the game.

I'll never understand how people like thruster so much, personally. It was just as detrimental to the game as sprint was because it gives the player the same effect - Allowing you to escape situations you shouldn't have been in, thus allowing players with bad positioning an opportunity to escape.

There are so many other games that do this correctly without all of the variables that Halo includes. There's literally no reason to play Space Shooter 6 when Call of Duty does the same exact things, except 100x better. Halo was popular for a reason, and it wasn't feeling like a Spartan. 

• Theater mode (that you can watch things with your friends)
  • Forge mode
  • Community favorites section that's updated weekly
  • A good matchmaking system
  • Fun maps and gametypes to play on
  • A good ranking system
  • A nice-to-have progression system

The problem with Halo isn't the gameplay. It's the features that we've had in 2007 that we seemingly lost in favor of these abilities. It makes no sense that we lost so many great features due to the focus on abilities that only hurt gameplay.

a smooth observer mode right out of the gate too! 

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Radar should not be a power up lol

it shouldn't be active for everyone

• Upvote (+1) 1