CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

21 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

There was a Halo DS game in development at one point, which we know exists as people own the early builds of it, so seeing Halo on Switch wouldn't be crazy out-of-the blue, and would extend the playerbase, especially with Switch/Xbox crossplay being a given in most multiplat games on both systems.

Lmao if the hyped up announcement in March is gonna be "MCC on switch!". Would be a bigger disaster than Diablo Immortal.

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

On 2/23/2019 at 4:28 AM, Ramirez77 said:

Those leaks imply it's going to be optimized for what is essentially three entirely different generations of hardware, which is unheard of on the console market.  So I'm extremely skeptical to say the least.

Their silence is concerning.  It's already been about three and a half years since Halo 5 was released.  To my knowledge this is the first time a Halo game has taken four years to come out from the last one, assuming it actually does come out this year.  And y'know the longer they wait the more and more the franchise just continues to lose relevance...

Not that I even care because does anyone honestly expect a good game out of 343i at this point?  The absolute best case scenario is that it's still just a mediocre rehash of the old ones.

Fifa released on current gen and last gen consoles so not exactly unheard of. 

11 hours ago, Basu said:

Lmao if the hyped up announcement in March is gonna be "MCC on switch!". Would be a bigger disaster than Diablo Immortal.

If it was apart of the whatever they’re announcing that’d be great. I’m personally hoping for reach DLC or pc release.

On the bright side if they made it cross play that’d be great. 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:28 AM, Ramirez77 said:

Their silence is concerning.  It's already been about three and a half years since Halo 5 was released.  To my knowledge this is the first time a Halo game has taken four years to come out from the last one, assuming it actually does come out this year.  And y'know the longer they wait the more and more the franchise just continues to lose relevance...

Halo's already irrelevant. I'd much rather have to wait for a 2020 release and increase the likelihood of a getting a good, complete game for once, than have them push it out prematurely and get another sloppy campaign and crap multiplayer component with no gametypes, major features missing at launch, and thrown-together maps that all play like Simplex.

That said there's no way I'm buying a new console for this shit.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No. Fail. Go away.

Lol, it’s 343 here, there’s no way in hell they’ve going to remove everything. At least thruster pack could fit and it increases the skill gap. Shit peopl, think of a compromise at the very least. hecks if anything just have sprint for btb and warzone. 

1 hour ago, Exidrion said:

Speaking of silence...

Things aren't looking that great.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW @TheIcePrincess and @My Namez BEAST??? ARE YOU PROUD OF THIS HELL YOU'VE BROUGHT UPON US?!?!

• Like (+1) 3

Halo 5’s multiplayer was “universally loved” yeah sure that’s why the population tanked after a couple months and you decided to stop showing the number of concurrent users 343.

Well this is what happens when you have an echo chamber of reddit/waypoint who are straight up incapable of criticizing 343 and you black list the one place that actually does give constructive criticism about your game.

• Like (+1) 5

Let's not get too worked up over some vague statements. Could mean anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's been the exact same thing with these games and developers since 2010, don't know how anyone here continues to be shocked anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Let's not get too worked up over some vague statements. Could mean anything.

I'll do what I want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. She's not going to say the game was universally "meh" compared to the previous games in the series. 

I personally thought every game after 3 was ass. But I never would've expected them to come out and say it about each title either; so this doesn't surprise nor worry me. 

I will say though, there's zero chance 343 doesn't know about the population numbers. They know they just won't divulge that information to the public like Halo 3 did because there's no way it would stand a chance and would just make their game look bad when you give community ammunition.

Again, not saying that Halo 5 wasn't terrible, but you're not going to undersell yourself when you have a game to promote.

A couple of thoughts on the statements by Ross.

1. I'm glad she understands that the H4 campaign was actually good and the H5 campaign wasn't.

2. The only way she could come to the conclusion that H5's multiplayer was universally loved is by looking at reviews of the game, where the multiplayer was the most praised part of the game. But critics have been wrong plenty of times. H5's multiplayer is not good. I'll leave it at that.

3. She said that "H5 lacked the kind of innovation fans were looking for". The issue here is what she thinks innovation is. Halo used to march to the beat of its own drum. But it's been chasing trends since Reach. If she think innovation means making Halo a trendsetter, not a trend seeker, then I'm fine with the statement. But if she thinks innovation means taking a bunch of crap mechanics from other games and putting them in Halo, then nah. Forget that shit.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, S0UL FLAME said:

Make Infinite more Modern: 343 tries to refine the Spartan Abilities from Halo 5 starting with the HCS Settings. Ground Pound and Spartan Charge are gone, Thrust and Clamber always keep your gun up to fire no matter what, Stabilize lasts longer, and Slide is smoother. AR/Magnum starts, but the Magnum has been nerfed into a mixture of the H5 Beta and Gunfighter, taking six shots to kill and has a 15 shot magazine. The overpowered and easy sandbox has minimal changes, and people argue that the Magnum either gets a buff, or we have BR starts. A year later, the Magnum gets a buff and basically turns into the H5 iteration with three extra bullets.

This looks like the future we may have according to that tweet

2 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

I personally thought every game after 3 was ass

i enjoyed odst and reachs coop modes the most out of the whole franchise. limitless firefight and invasion were incredible

• Upvote (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

i enjoyed odst and reachs coop modes the most out of the whole franchise. limitless firefight and invasion were incredible

Yeah, I probably should’ve specified that I was strictly referring to the MP lol. I always enjoy the campaign modes for what they are, and in Reach I spent a good portion of time playing custom firefights with unlimited ammo and overshields with no gravity lol. That was actually dope to play with your family members that are significantly younger than you. 

37 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Yeah, I probably should’ve specified that I was strictly referring to the MP lol. I always enjoy the campaign modes for what they are, and in Reach I spent a good portion of time playing custom firefights with unlimited ammo and overshields with no gravity lol. That was actually dope to play with your family members that are significantly younger than you. 

I distinctly remember goofing off with my brothers in forge on halo 3 (sandtrap), picking up and taking a vehicle one if them was playing with and saying "you know what, you'll get this back after class" out of nowhere. We were all laughing our asses off because forge was such a novel concept. Turn into this floating orb that can pick stuff up? Are you insane?

Was some if the most fun Ive had playing a game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-delays-halo-5-5-considered/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-considered-ending-the-halo-series-after-/1100-6465190/

'She recalled pitching the idea for an internal Halo development studio, and the reaction wasn't entirely positive. Ross said she remembers then-Xbox boss Shane Kim advising against it. He warned her that people at Microsoft might try to convince her to do things with the franchise that aren't right for it. Another former Xbox boss, Robbie Bach, also said it might not be a smart move to continue the Halo series with Bungie out of the picture, Ross said.'

This makes me question Bonnie's motives a lot, She always did seem questionable though...