CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Can someone tell me why they would show a teaser for a new engine with some of the assets looking like that? Those animals looked downright mediocre. 

If anything you should be happy they didn't waste their time on animals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I imagine they don't have gameplay to show because they are working on tech and the game aspect of it isn't in a showable state. making a new engine and a new game using said engine is a lengthy process... its been 3 years - which is how long it usually takes to make a game on an established engine.

And that's totally fair. I just wish I got gameplay to go along with it. I'm assuming the designers aren't twiddling their thumbs so some of the game is probably getting worked on in an older engine, or the current build of the Slipspace engine. I don't even necessarily need to see it, just tell me if there's armor abilities, tell me about the new race of aliens you may introduce, tell me literally anything about the game other than title and engine.

If anything you should be happy they didn't waste their time on animals.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but skimping isn't what I want to see out of 343 right now. 

So anyone got any insight in to anything else that the teaser showed? Like, any of the shit that popped up before Chief showed up? I'm not seeing anything particularly useful aside from a date that puts H6 at two-ish years after H5, according to some people. 

So anyone got any insight in to anything else that the teaser showed? Like, any of the shit that popped up before Chief showed up? I'm not seeing anything particularly useful aside from a date that puts H6 at two-ish years after H5, according to some people. 

The Warthog physics looked like absolute garbage.

edit: JUICY DETAILS!!!

Not exactly thrilled about the prospect of it being open world. Not really angry with it either but it's a weird thing to do nonetheless.

If you're careful you'll notice a lot of the stuff like that BR and the warthog are Halo 5 versions. They might just be using those but its probably placeholder 

I'm pretty shocked at the negativity. a modern engine is long overdue. the fact they arent still patching up Bungie's engine is a big fucking deal. it looks great- now here's hoping they use it to create some classic halo experiences.

People are upset because the future of Halo Esport is uncertain, H5 can’t survive another year let alone 2 more.

I want to hear that depth. I really liked Gears 4, at least from a multiplayer side of things, but I hear people talk about gameplay not being great when it felt the same to me. I'm not very educated in terms of Gears intricacies though so I'd love for somebody to explain it to me.

Mostly story things I noticed. For one, it looks like Kait is being sent back to the New Hope Facility from GoW2 which is the lab where the Locust were born from Sires.

Gameplay wise, I noticed Kait wielding what looked like a two handed melee weapon which were present in GoW3. It also looked like the Kryll were showing up. They were bats that one of the main Locust enemies used in GoW1 and had a cool mechanic to where you had to disperse them before you could deal damage to him. Another thing I noticed was the DeeBee robots being taken over by Swarm and changing how they interact with you in battle. It looked very similar to how Pure Flood Ranged forms worked.

It's hard telling multiplayer wise, but the main grips on GoW4 were the split weapon tuning, connection issues that made shotgun fights trade often, and wallbounce canceling. We'll see with the reveal there, but a lot of things to be excited for in the campaign.

Okay, I'm done being Off-Topic so soon. Point being, I'm psyched that Xbox is doubling down with Halo and Gears. Hoping for some more Halo info before E3 officially ends.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only issues I had with visuals were the rhino horn looking under-textured, particle effects of the running herd, and the texture of the Marine pants. The particle effects are the only thing mildy concerning visually, and they would rarely come into play at that scale.

Frankly, starting a new engine this late in the game that is very much still in production, I thought it looked pretty damn good.

The guy that supposedly leaked the name of the game says that supposedly there will be two releases maybe SP and MP separated 

Not exactly thrilled about the prospect of it being open world. Not really angry with it either but it's a weird thing to do nonetheless.

I've said time and time again - if you're gonna make Halo a different game, make it a different game

If they go open world and make it Witcher instead of a gross Halo-Witcher mutant hybrid, great. New experience, I'm for it. 343 doesn't get benefit of the doubt on this whole thing. 

As far as a battle royale game, can't help but wonder if that's a fad that's going to die out. 

Trying to respond to posts on /r/Halo and forgetting I'm shadowbanned. 

you can just make a different reddit account. no point in having a shadowbanned account

While the overall reveal was incredibly underwhelming, and the lack of gameplay is surely disappointing, I think the trailer by itself was amazing and if Infinite turns out to be what we want, I think we’ll look back on this trailer fondly. Big if, though...

With the game coming to PC and the capabilities that come with it, I think we have a reason for at least some excitiement, even if there’s very little to work with. Just my 2 cents.

you can just make a different reddit account. no point in having a shadowbanned account

I don't want to get back into /r/Halo that badly. Or at all. 

I highly doubt that the game will be open world. The trailer was as much an engine demonstration as it was a Halo reveal

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are people excited? The teaser showed us nothing

You know how this goes. Every year the Halo fanbase gets excited over the most trivial table scraps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lame they didn’t show any gameplay but halo needed a new engine and direction for its campaign if it was going to sell Xbox’s.

Honestly this is good news for me that it’s probably a late 2019 or 2020 game. Hopefully it means they take their time and make it good but mostly because they’re going to have to stay deticated to fixing mcc to keep the community going.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The game is gonna be on the windows store, that's the only tragedy here

Yeah I will never put that garbage on my PC

Lame they didn’t show any gameplay but halo needed a new engine and direction for its campaign if it was going to sell Xbox’s.

Honestly this is good news for me that it’s probably a late 2019 or 2020 game. Hopefully it means they take their time and make it good but mostly because they’re going to have to stay deticated to fixing mcc to keep the community going.

There's no building the community with MCC. The game is nearly 4 years old and still completely broken. Even if it gets fixed there's no getting rid of the aura that is MCC which is that it's one of the worst game releases of all time.

You know how this goes. Every year the Halo fanbase gets excited over the most trivial table scraps. 

Yeah, we got 30 seconds of chief walking on a cliff and some banshees for h3, i can't remember reach and 4. and then in h5 we got chief walking in the sand.

I honestly wouldn't be so disappointed usually, but we are on our last leg here, and this is the time they decide to pull a 4/5 year dev cycle? It better be some phoenix out of the ashes type of shit because it's going to a barren wasteland come 2019/2020

• Upvote (+1) 1