CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

On 2/14/2019 at 1:31 AM, Mow said:

Halo 2 has not aged well imo, it was the first Halo on XBL though,  after all.

It has! Easy br, easy sniper,  a sword that will lunge across the map.  But eh, button combos means it’s more competitive right?

Far as I’m concerned and it’s just my personal preference. H1>H3>H2.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

Just to throw my hat in here, I'm more worried about how their going to sort the issues they've had with the Promethean's. Like they will be in it because of the events of Guardians, and with it being on a Halo, Flood are more then likely gonna show up in some form to have a ruck with everyone  

19 hours ago, Gold said:

It has! Easy br, easy sniper,  a sword that will lunge across the map.  But eh, button combos means it’s more competitive right?

Far as I’m concerned and it’s just my personal preference. H1>H3>H2.

If H3 had functioning netcode, splitting the difference between H2 and H3 would've rested almost solely on map quality, with IMHOtep H2 wins. The doubleshot and the melee glitches cancel each other out as far as I'm concerned. 

I still wouldn't touch H3 with a ten foot pole given its aiming system, but as far as shit that matters in a comparison, bloodshots do not a working game make. Fix that and you've actually got something going on with the lower aim assist. 

• Like (+1) 4

Had some thoughts last night while falling asleep I thought I would share here... 

With CE and OG Xbox we had SystemLink that if I understand correctly pretty much was quite a revolution at the time, setting up all those LANs people seem to have really fond memories of (I wasn't part of it, being in the middle of EU there wasn't much of a Halo/xbox scene, so appart from setting up some online games through Xbox Connect which was already awesome I just rely on what I read about those days here and there). 

How could we do that again ? 

Now all consoles will do 4K and blablabla, there isn't much more power to add to the one x is it ? I mean yeah the graphics will look a bit better but I don't think the gap will be soooo huge. So I was thinking, what about allowing ONE console to have multiple outputs and being able to have 2 players playing "split screen" but each on his own monitor ? 

You could setup a 2 v 2 without having to care about who's host lol !

What about having quad outputs ? And each output allowing split screen up to 4 people ? ==> You could basically set up a perfect LAN for 16 people with just one console and 4 monitors !! 

Sure in those online days and blablabla there may not be a place for that, but who knows sometimes things turn up unexpected.... And that would be a pretty cool feature we wouldn't find anywhere else. 

• Like (+1) 1

We’re actually hoping we can do just that with xbox emulation on pc. 

• Fire (+1) 1

On 2/19/2019 at 4:37 PM, Riddler said:

We’re actually hoping we can do just that with xbox emulation on pc. 

If it ends up being anything like Dolphin, that shit is going to be worse than XBC on a foreign host without having your ports forwarded. 

4 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

If it ends up being anything like Dolphin, that shit is going to be worse than XBC on a foreign host without having your ports forwarded. 

What? Dolphin melee plays better than console right now. And dolphin online is currently better than switch online. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 2/19/2019 at 7:22 AM, Marauder said:

Just to throw my hat in here, I'm more worried about how their going to sort the issues they've had with the Promethean's. Like they will be in it because of the events of Guardians, and with it being on a Halo, Flood are more then likely gonna show up in some form to have a ruck with everyone  

Does anyone even have hype for the Flood anymore? 343's games have retroactively made them a joke of a parasite. They didn't even win against the Forerunners, they totally survived, and the Flood disappeared for 10 years worth of Halo games. We've been fighting Prometheans for 7 of those years.

A total joke.

5 hours ago, PolyG said:

Does anyone even have hype for the Flood anymore? 343's games have retroactively made them a joke of a parasite. They didn't even win against the Forerunners, they totally survived, and the Flood disappeared for 10 years worth of Halo games. We've been fighting Prometheans for 7 of those years.

A total joke.

Considering the request for flood firefight still happens, and HW2 having flood, and to obviously answer your question yes.

5 hours ago, PolyG said:

A total joke.

If you ever read the lore the promethions are one of the weapons used against the flood, but they obviously weren’t successful. 

Besides soldiers being dumb, the Prometheans in h5 weren't that bad. I liked the armor thing with knights. 

Not sure why no one is talking about it, but what do you all think about the leaks? For those who haven't heard:

- Xbox Lockhart & Xbox Anaconda (Same console, but the Anaconda has better specs).

- Halo: Infinite to be a launch title for the new systems (But also compatible on the Xbox One).

Personally, it's pretty much exactly what I thought/hoped for. I am concerned with how they're going to keep/build the hype. Are they going to continue to ghost us until Infinite flights? Do they have anything planned for the current titles (Besides the presumed MCC on PC announcement at SXSW), or just try to rebuild the community and hype when the time draws nearer? I'm excited for the game but super concerned with how they plan on maintaining the community. We've gotten nothing since E3, and basically nothing from MCC since last year...

• Like (+1) 1

I mean that's still a whole lot of nothing. It was a given there would be a new Xbox coming soon-ish and I'm not surprised that the game will be on both platforms, given that Microsoft has thrown the "equal footing" advantage consoles once had out the window with the Xbox One X.

I don't expect any sort of information about the game before E3 and then again it will probably be a boring ass campaign reveal with a rapid-cut gameplay trailer that features 3 frames of a new weapon that Halo Follower can make a 15 minute video about. I won't expect gameplay until very late this year.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Those leaks imply it's going to be optimized for what is essentially three entirely different generations of hardware, which is unheard of on the console market.  So I'm extremely skeptical to say the least.

Their silence is concerning.  It's already been about three and a half years since Halo 5 was released.  To my knowledge this is the first time a Halo game has taken four years to come out from the last one, assuming it actually does come out this year.  And y'know the longer they wait the more and more the franchise just continues to lose relevance...

Not that I even care because does anyone honestly expect a good game out of 343i at this point?  The absolute best case scenario is that it's still just a mediocre rehash of the old ones.

• Upvote (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

Those leaks imply it's going to be optimized for what is essentially three entirely different generations of hardware, which is unheard of on the console market.  So I'm extremely skeptical to say the least.

Their silence is concerning.  It's already been about three and a half years since Halo 5 was released.  To my knowledge this is the first time a Halo game has taken four years to come out from the last one, assuming it actually does come out this year.  And y'know the longer they wait the more and more the franchise just continues to lose relevance...

Not that I even care because does anyone honestly expect a good game out of 343i at this point?  The absolute best case scenario is that it's still just a mediocre rehash of the old ones.

Friendly reminder that they could barely optimise H2A for one system, and cut splitscreen entire from 5 because they couldn't get it to work (And Halo 5 is not a visually impressive game)

Now they are talking optimisation for 3 different hardware configurations? Shit, no wonder it's taking so long. 

• Fire (+1) 3

On 2/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:

Friendly reminder that they could barely optimise H2A for one system, and cut splitscreen entire from 5 because they couldn't get it to work (And Halo 5 is not a visually impressive game)

Now they are talking optimisation for 3 different hardware configurations? Shit, no wonder it's taking so long. 

Uhhh h2A was optimized, it just was on the McC which is why it was fucked.

Honestly M$ is being smart on this one if they do sell infinite for the new consoles, because that’ll be perfect. To think 2020 5 years after h5, 343 better have a shit ton of content on this game. Sure it’s gameplay will suck but who knows. 

M$ better be smart if they want to sell this generation. These new Xbox’s need to be 400$ 

15 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Besides soldiers being dumb, the Prometheans in h5 weren't that bad. I liked the armor thing with knights. 

My issue with Soldiers is how you don't feel like you're actually damaging them until their armor breaks. Which, granted, doesn't take too long in Campaign. Its mainly an issue in Firefight where every enemy is given extremely bloated health values. I suppose this is also why Brutes in H2 feel like bullet sponges. Not necessarily just because it takes a lot to put them down, but because they dont flinch or really give any visual indicator of their health like shielded Elites do.

Im also not entirely sure if what they chose to do with Knights was the best decision. They kinda end up being beefier Jackals, in how you have to shoot a weak point to the side, and THEN shoot the head for the instant kill once they flinch. Difference being that it takes a ton more ammo to get them to expose their head. And since Knights became a mini-boss sort of encounter, similar to Hunters, the Prometheans end up with ONLY Soldiers and Crawlers for most of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Uhhh h2A was optimized, it just was on the McC which is why it was fucked.

lol, ever used the Sniper Rifle on Stonetown or Remnant and noticed your framerate dipping into single digits? Or tried to play split screen on any map? The game has absolute dogshit optimization, but next to H5 it looks glorious of course.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

I feel like they are taking longer simply because the game seems to be much more ambitious than H4 and 5. If the rumors of more RPG elements are true that means it could be more of an expansive open world, which takes longer to develop. Plus the development of the new engine and making a game that can scale to various platforms seems to go along with the "infinite" in the title. I would assume M$ knows that this is pretty much do or die for the Franchise. This feel like a soft reboot to me and they are just trying to take their time to get it right. But it is 343, so who knows. 

On 2/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, Squatting Bear said:

There's a simple answer to all this connection bullshit.  Set the game up like how it was on XBC.  Some people host, some people join.  The list appears in the lobby showing ping, # of players joined so far, and map type.  Basic shit that's been around forever going back to the days of PC lobbies.  If you have a shit host, no one will join.  Also this removes the possibility of having to play on shit maps.  20 years later and devs still can't figure out that the original formula worked the best.  Sure host has advantage, but it's better than having some one with a shit connection from a 3rd world country joining a US server and warping all over the place.   I'd rather join a host that has a 20 ping than deal with random nonsense.  People with low pings to each other taking turns hosting.  That's what it's all about.

"But...but...but.. I ping 150+ to every host!"  Yep, that's a clear sign that you are part of the problem and not the solution.  Someone who says this is one of the ones that is messing up everyone's gaming experience by warping all over the place.  Fix your shit or move out of bum fuck Nantucket.  The way it's setup now is pure trash.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Basu said:

lol, ever used the Sniper Rifle on Stonetown or Remnant and noticed your framerate dipping into single digits? Or tried to play split screen on any map? The game has absolute dogshit optimization, but next to H5 it looks glorious of course.

No no I haven’t, although I felt that on forge maps

3 hours ago, NAK said:

I feel like they are taking longer simply because the game seems to be much more ambitious than H4 and 5. If the rumors of more RPG elements are true that means it could be more of an expansive open world, which takes longer to develop. Plus the development of the new engine and making a game that can scale to various platforms seems to go along with the "infinite" in the title. I would assume M$ knows that this is pretty much do or die for the Franchise. This feel like a soft reboot to me and they are just trying to take their time to get it right. But it is 343, so who knows. 

You’re probably correct. 

1. 343 said a month ago they don’t have any real gameplay to show(forum post, think it was possums)and if that’s true that means they had a considerable amount of time developing this new engine.

2. This is the first time in history halo is on a brand new engine, and it’s specificaly designed with halo in mind so this is interesting to know.

3. They original reason they created this engine is because they hit a content drop with h5 so there’s that. 

4. Halo 6(infinite) needs to be a classic title or close to classic as possible(no sprint but maybe thruster) and it’s gameplay could be really good and hold a sense of simplicity halo used to be known for.

5. The content of h6 needs to be more than what h5 currently has, it needs more game types than what h5 has

6. The UI needs to be like the halo reach UI, that UI is the best in the series(change my mind) 

7. Have a forge that doesn’t have FPS drops.

z.

• Like (+1) 1