CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

My only issue with Halo 2 is maps. Everyone (myself included) tends to glorify the Midships and Lockouts when the nostalgia train is rolling, and it's easy to forget just how many awful maps like Gemini, Ivory Tower, Foundation, the Longest remake, etc. are running around. Plus I never liked Sanctuary.

Not liking Sanctuary is kinda weird, most competitive folk enjoy it.  But to each their own.

Although I would say H3 has about the same number of shit maps...Ghost town, Assembly, Orbital, Snowbound, Epitaph, High Ground, Standoff, Isolation, and let's not forget gross remakes like Blackout and Cold Storage. 

A lot of h3 maps were made for specific gametypes but shoehorned into Slayer and they...did not work.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

Not liking Sanctuary is kinda weird, most competitive folk enjoy it.  But to each their own.

Although I would say H3 has about the same number of shit maps...Ghost town, Assembly, Orbital, Snowbound, Epitaph, High Ground, Standoff, Isolation, and let's not forget gross remakes like Blackout and Cold Storage. 

The only maps worth a shit in H3 outside of BTB are Guardian and The Pit. Also Snowbound and Epitaph are some of the worst maps in the series period.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

The only maps worth a shit in H3 outside of BTB are Guardian and The Pit. Also Snowbound and Epitaph are some of the worst maps in the series period.

My Top 3, best maps of all time:

Snowbound (w/ Shields)

Epitaph (w/ Shields)

Sword Base

Any other map in the series is expendable.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

4 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

Snowbound (w/ Shields)

Epitaph (w/ Shields)

Sword Base

I’ll have you know that chiron is better than all 3. Especially in 1v1s. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Gemini is literally the worst halo map bungie ever made. Not only does the design make zero sense, it doesn't matter since you can't see jack shit on it because of the lack of light anywhere.

It also created the camping mentality of holding set ups. I know that in CE 4's there was the infamous TDT flag cap on Creek with a set up but that is still playing the OBJ offensively. Or holding pink in Chilly ball etc. In slayer however there should always be incentive to move but instead this created plenty of games that never reached the 50 kill mark. Yeah, lockout is also terrible for this but I think Gemini is the first example of this at an event.

5 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

Snowbound (w/ Shields)

Epitaph (w/ Shields)

Sword Base

I think you spelt 'Isolation' wrong ;)

6 hours ago, Teapot said:

It also created the camping mentality of holding set ups. I know that in CE 4's there was the infamous TDT flag cap on Creek with a set up but that is still playing the OBJ offensively. Or holding pink in Chilly ball etc. In slayer however there should always be incentive to move but instead this created plenty of games that never reached the 50 kill mark. Yeah, lockout is also terrible for this but I think Gemini is the first example of this at an event.

You know the worst part? All it would have taken was no plasma pistols, and the OS would have solved the problem. Maybe no doors too. The doors were a shitty idea.

Also @Mow, I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but Isolation is very close to being a good map. It’s the bases and the regens that make it bad. If you block off the bases, remove the regens, and play KotH on it, I would argue people remember that map as one of the classics in the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Also @Mow, I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but Isolation is very close to being a good map. It’s the bases and the regens that make it bad. If you block off the bases, remove the regens, and play KotH on it, I would argue people remember that map as one of the classics in the franchise.

You may be right, I've never really put any thought into fixing Isolation before, but I also don't think the ugly aesthetics of the map helps it at all, I can definitely imagine a map with a completely different aesthetic but with the layout you described being pretty decent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mow said:

You may be right, I've never really put any thought into fixing Isolation before, but I also don't think the ugly aesthetics of the map helps it at all, I can definitely imagine a map with a completely different aesthetic but with the layout you described being pretty decent.

To each their own I guess. I always thought the theme of the map was really cool. An isolated piece of land being studied to see how the flood takes it over. Pretty imaginative stuff. They would have really nailed what they were going for if the map changed from normal to infected over the course of the match.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

They would have really nailed what they were going for if the map changed from normal to infected over the course of the match.

It actually does but only on a very small scale (the grass IIRC). Source: saw it on a H3 mythbuster episode in 2008.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, -DeucEy- said:

Quite literally, word for word, my exact thoughts reading that response. Lol.. Did we just conveniently forget that small detail?

You know it’s fair to note some of the bad maps played quite well for doubles. Epitaph, cold storage, snowbound(shields). 

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

You know it’s fair to note some of the bad maps played quite well for doubles. Epitaph, cold storage, snowbound(shields)

Wrong.

Wrong.

And even more wrong.

There were quite literally no positives about any of those maps. The problems with those maps were accentuated in Doubles. i.e. Just sitting in a room waiting to get shot and throwing a regen down. Sitting in a room behind a shield waiting to mauler-melee someone. Etc. Etc.

P.S. Wrong quote.

• Like (+1) 4

Ok....epitaph is fun for bullshit FFA modes. You guys can disagree with that all you want, but you you know I'm right. 

• Like (+1) 2

Epitaph is cool for Multi Team KOTH. Isolation plays Flag and Assault decently well but sucks for anything else. Cold Storage is just a mess and will never work with more than 1s kill times because of all the corner hugging and rooms to hide in.

Epitaph is such an awkward map. Giant doorways combined with skinny catwalks and those outdoor ramps that circled most of the level, plus that random lift that launched you halfway across the room... I never got comfortable with it. Hell if I know what Bungie was thinking with that one because I don't think it worked for doubles, FFA, or anything else.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Hard Way said:

To each their own I guess. I always thought the theme of the map was really cool. An isolated piece of land being studied to see how the flood takes it over. Pretty imaginative stuff. They would have really nailed what they were going for if the map changed from normal to infected over the course of the match.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

Wrong.

Wrong.

And even more wrong.

There were quite literally no positives about any of those maps. The problems with those maps were accentuated in Doubles. i.e. Just sitting in a room waiting to get shot and throwing a regen down. Sitting in a room behind a shield waiting to mauler-melee someone. Etc. Etc.

P.S. Wrong quote.

Playing well implies they weren’t good but not terrible like they were for 4v4

6 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Playing well implies they weren’t good

Wat.

Epitaph was absolutely hell on team doubles, I’d just expect defeat as soon as I seen it and quit out. Complete bull shit map!  

The map was kinda fun for FFA and multi team once they added the sniper. 

Epilogue can play some ok 1-Flag if the teams aren't completely unbalanced. But that's Epilogue, fuck Epitaph.

Yall are confusing playable with enjoyable and good. Snowbound, cold storage, and epitaph are terrible for any competitive gametype 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Yall are confusing playable with enjoyable and good. Snowbound, cold storage, and epitaph are terrible for any competitive gametype 

There's a reason I said fun. I didn't say good.

On 2/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, MultiLockOn said:

That’s cool, but it’s too subtle. I’m talking lush green to full on infected in 15 minutes.