CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

@MultiLockOn Who decided that keeping bullet magnetism at an immense level for H2A was good?

I'm not being sardonic either, it's my least favorite thing in that entire game.

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

@MultiLockOn Who decided that keeping bullet magnetism at an immense level for H2A was good?

I'm not being sardonic either, it's my least favorite thing in that entire game.

I think the theme here is that that’s how it was in H4. The BR in H2A just has a lot less spread.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I asked him and he said they just tried to tune it to what it was in H2 classic. I mentioned that I refused to believe that was true because H2A seems exponentially easier.  He responded by saying that it's numerically accurate to H2 Classic but the higher frame rate and better aiming makes it seem easier.  Tbh I don't buy it either but, whatever. It's the past now.

• Like (+1) 4

It makes sense lmao it's piss easy to aim in H2C. I'm positive it's the same. H2A also doesn't have a fat ass tard reticle. 

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I asked him and he said they just tried to tune it to what it was in H2 classic. I mentioned that I refused to believe that was true because H2A seems exponentially easier.  He responded by saying that it's numerically accurate to H2 Classic but the higher frame rate and better aiming makes it seem easier.  Tbh I don't buy it either but, whatever. It's the past now.

Did he forget that H2C and H2A are both in MCC? 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Did he forget that H2C and H2A are both in MCC? 

Quite literally, word for word, my exact thoughts reading that response. Lol.. Did we just conveniently forget that small detail?

4 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It makes sense lmao it's piss easy to aim in H2C. I'm positive it's the same. H2A also doesn't have a fat ass tard reticle. 

H2C has heavy aim assist bit almost zero magnetism. H2A has the opposite.

52 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

H2C has heavy aim assist bit almost zero magnetism. H2A has the opposite.

Wrong.

Both games have large amounts of aim assist and bullet magnetism.  However, H2A has better hit registration.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Someone link that halo 2 noobified video from a million years ago.

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Wrong.

Both games have large amounts of aim assist and bullet magnetism.  However, H2A has better hit registration.

I might have to play H2C again but I don't remember having that much magnetism whatsoever. In H2A I feel the BR is insanely generous in head hitboxes. As is the sniper.

I absolutely believe they're the same values of magnetism and aim assist, and if one were to test them with a guest dummy one would probably get the exact same results. But the absolute shit tier netcode and interpolation of H2V makes it less apparent just how big the aim assist really is as half your shots won't connect while H2A will always be generous with hit reg. Hitboxes might also be more accurate to the models in H2A/H4.

H2A’s strafe acceleration is significantly worse than OG so I’d guess that’s the leading factor.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I buy it 100%. Its just the reg is better and they probably made it hitscan with instant travel speed. H2 is hitscan with travel speed. In h2 you could get a headshot aiming at the balls. Ya cant in h2a so i guess its actually less bullet mag in h2a. 

Play a custom h2v server where the projectile speed is doubled and youll think to yourself “oh, guess he wasnt wrong.” 

Edit: tho i think the ballsack headshot was prepatch with the stupid amount of spread on it. 

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Someone link that halo 2 noobified video from a million years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

I buy it 100%. Its just the reg is better and they probably made it hitscan with instant travel speed. H2 is hitscan with travel speed. In h2 you could get a headshot aiming at the balls. Ya cant in h2a so i guess its actually less bullet mag in h2a. 

Play a custom h2v server where the projectile speed is doubled and youll think to yourself “oh, guess he wasnt wrong.” 

I never understood what hitscan with travel time meant. Is it just a hard coded value like "make the bullet hit the target after 0.1 seconds, but still hit the target that was pointed at when the trigger was pulled"? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

I have no idea why but the h2a sniper is leaps and bounds easier to use than the h2c counterpart. I can no scope players all day in H2a and can barely manage it in h2c.

Also I can guarantee I’ve never ever missed a sniper shot on a h2a elite, they’re almost impossible to miss. Absolute massive player model. 

20 minutes ago, Silos said:

I never understood what hitscan with travel time meant. Is it just a hard coded value like "make the bullet hit the target after 0.1 seconds, but still hit the target that was pointed at when the trigger was pulled"? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Not sure. If I had to guess, the game sees you are x distance away. So if you fire center mass and they move right, the bullet wont land. You definitely have to lead in h2c. But that just sounds like projectile. So idk maybe it only takes into account ur movement at the time of firing. So if i was moving right, he leads to the right, fires, i stop, it still hits me. 

Edit: nvm i just realized its technically called falloff damage distance tho the damage isnt actually reduced. No clue. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Asked all the h2v devs and so far one replied and said h2 is not hitscan so theres that

30 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Asked all the h2v devs and so far one replied and said h2 is not hitscan so theres that

1 hour ago, Silos said:

So. Projectile technology works where every engine tic the bullet projectile moves X units. Most engines for hitscan use a technology called ray tracing where an invisible line is cast from the point of your gun, infinitely forward.  It checks for points of collision, and then counts that as a hit. Back in the day when Bungie was making H2 for online they didn't do this, and because Bungie is notorious for being stubborn and lazy they never programmed in true ray tracing in during Halo's development.  So for H2/Reach the "hitscan" technology was projectile technically but they just ramped up the projectile speed per tick to some absolutely asinine unit that doesn't exist in game. For comparison, I believe the H3 BR projectile travels something like...300 igu per tick or whatever, where as the Reach DMR goes like 99999 per tick. It is hitscan is all purposes except the underlying tech.  Saying it isn't hitscan is really disingenuous because it's point and click.  No shot lead.

I have no idea for the specifics of Bungie's current tech under Destiny but I have heard absolutely abysmal things about it.  Like doing something as simple as moving a patrol point requires them to spend a few hours opening the editor, waiting for it to load, then moving the point, and submitting the next build for 20 hours or however hoping it doesn't crash at any point. Really any dev that isn't on Unreal Engine by this point is in for an uphill battle.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Silos said:

Some shitty devs are known for doing what is known as "delayed hitscan" to give the illusion of travel time when there is none.  Roadhog's chain in OW is a great example of showing a delayed launch but the actual chain is at max distance the moment it completes the wind up. Super tacky imo. Bungie does a lot of fake stuff in Destiny as does GoW with slow moving tracer rounds on actual hitscan weapons.  Snipers in Destiny, Lancers in GOW.  At long range you'll see the blood splatters come out of the enemy before the tracer round has even hit them.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

So. Projectile technology works where every engine tic the bullet projectile moves X units. Most engines for hitscan use a technology called ray tracing where an invisible line is cast from the point of your gun, infinitely forward.  It checks for points of collision, and then counts that as a hit. Back in the day when Bungie was making H2 for online they didn't do this, and because Bungie is notorious for being stubborn and lazy they never programmed in true ray tracing in during Halo's development.  So for H2/Reach the "hitscan" technology was projectile technically but they just ramped up the projectile speed per tick to some absolutely asinine unit that doesn't exist in game. For comparison, I believe the H3 BR projectile travels something like...300 igu per tick or whatever, where as the Reach DMR goes like 99999 per tick. It is hitscan is all purposes except the underlying tech.  Saying it isn't hitscan is really disingenuous because it's point and click.  No shot lead.

I have no idea for the specifics of Bungie's current tech under Destiny but I have heard absolutely abysmal things about it.  Like doing something as simple as moving a patrol point requires them to spend a few hours opening the editor, waiting for it to load, then moving the point, and submitting the next build for 20 hours or however hoping it doesn't crash at any point. Really any dev that isn't on Unreal Engine by this point is in for an uphill battle.

i dont think the h2 br is insanely fast. Its listed as 400 fall off damas and when you increase it to 450, 600, 800, the perceived shot reg imrpoves every time, and you wont get hits when you miss generally (h2 does sometime reward u for missing, think swipe snipes). So it seems to suggest that its not 9999 units per tick for h2 and you do have to lead on lan so...

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Just an update. H2 is 100% projectile. 

Prove it?

7 hours ago, The Tyco said:

I remember using this video to justify halo 4 in the initial months before I came to hate the game.

I'm not proud of it...