Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

I don't understand why any of you people would have even wanted Midship in H2A when literally ZERO of the classic mechanics would have been present.

Wasn't present in H3 or H5, still remained one of the top maps in both of those games. Its a great map regardless of which game its in.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

They need to scrap radar for good and implement a ping system into Halo similar to R6: Siege. 

Wouldn’t work out when we’ve had radar since halo 2. And trust me people desire radar. Either that or we need to replace it with high footstep sounds. Quick question?  Have any of you ever considered the reason you can hear things so well in CE is because of super high quality sound TV and headphones we have today? Like these days we have headphones that can literally tune out just about any surround sounds for a solid 100+ dollars. I know for a solid fact in the old h3 days you couldn’t hear footsteps for shit unless you had an Astro headset with a mix amp. Heck’s these days that’s no longer needed. 

Play cod without a headset then put a headset on and the difference is huge! Take into consideration that your 2001 game that you keep playing on TVS that you can only get at a pawn shop aren’t 2019 standards of quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Wouldn’t work out when we’ve had radar since halo 2. And trust me people desire radar. Either that or we need to replace it with high footstep sounds.

Radar should stay in FFA, but that's it. No radar or footstep noise in ranked. That's free information and leads to bad gameplay. Played the H5 1v1 playlist today and everyone just soundwhores because your footsteps sound like a fucking mantis. It's ridiculous. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

I don't understand why any of you people would have even wanted Midship in H2A when literally ZERO of the classic mechanics would have been present.

As opposed to H5 that clearly respects and pays tribute to classic Halo mechanics... What are you smoking exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

They need to scrap radar for good and implement a ping system into Halo similar to R6: Siege. 

Something like BO4's or Battlefields spot system or even the CSGO radar would be miles ahead of the stupid heartbeat sensor we've always had. Shrinks the skill gap more than any of H4 and 5s mechanics ever could.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Basu said:

As opposed to H5 that clearly respects and pays tribute to classic Halo mechanics... What are you smoking exactly?

Girl Scout Cookie

But where did I mention H5?  You infer a lot of information from something I didn't post.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

If this insinuates that they actually are going for more classic gameplay, they better not put in all the flaws that came with the original trilogy.

The premise of the article is just dumb. 

"Halo devs have learned from their mistakes." 

"And which mistakes were those?" 

"Umm we did it like Kingdom Hearts 3!" 

"That's not an answer." 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wait wait wait. When we try and say we want something changed that's been in the game for a long time we get ridiculed and hit with the "just play a different game" garbage. Now you want to remove radar, something that's been in the game forever? Hmmmm. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The premise of the article is just dumb. 

"Halo devs have learned from their mistakes." 

"And which mistakes were those?" 

"Umm we did it like Kingdom Hearts 3!" 

"That's not an answer." 

The only mistake they’ll admit with h5 is the campaign. I’ve yet to see them admit the huge mistakes they did with the multiplayer. This just tells me that halo infinite multiplayer Will be another iteration of h5 multiplayer...

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Radar should stay in FFA, but that's it. No radar or footstep noise in ranked. That's free information and leads to bad gameplay. Played the H5 1v1 playlist today and everyone just soundwhores because your footsteps sound like a fucking mantis. It's ridiculous. 

Sound whoring is meant for fair engagements. It’s not free information. It’s so you can’t get some backsmack and what not. You shouldn’t be rewarded for flanking unsuccessfully because to be fair unless you’re a ninja you’re feet are making noise. Especially in those spartan outfits if we want to talk from a lore perspective. 

Sure in a way it rewards camping but you also need to determine which direction your opponent is coming from exactly, at that point. To,  below, etc.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Sound whoring is meant for fair engagements. It’s not free information. It’s so you can’t get some backsmack and what not. You shouldn’t be rewarded for flanking unsuccessfully because to be fair unless you’re a ninja you’re feet are making noise. Especially in those spartan outfits if we want to talk from a lore perspective. 

Sure in a way it rewards camping but you also need to determine which direction your opponent is coming from exactly, at that point. To,  below, etc.

So camping in a corner and knowing where my opponent is pushing me from long before I see him is somehow a fair engagement? C'mon.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey everyone I made a short survey on what you think contributes most balance, flow and skill gap in Halo. Please complete and share, is only 4 questions, much appreciated ❤️🙏

Halo Skill Contributions Survey

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, KurtiZ said:

Hey everyone I made a short survey on what you think contributes most balance, flow and skill gap in Halo. Please complete and share, is only 4 questions, much appreciated ❤️🙏

Halo Skill Contributions Survey

The only critique I have on this survey is that I feel like there should be an "Indifferent" option for the additions to Halo section. I'll spoil my one answer, I personally feel like Clamber is irrelevant regardless of all the other abilities and whatnot. Like if it's there? Cool. If it's not there, I'm probably able to jump up there regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Did a quick search to find an article to complete the trilogy :fire:

 

ffc608e2-23f0-43bc-8909-8dcb3d37af3c.png

KDXSlSm.pngHGfNCyz.png

yup i think that one was in my reddit post.... honestly im thinking of making an office parody except every season a new halo game is being developed and shit just goes off the walls

maybe use the sprint episodes as our inspiration such as quinn's iconic "i fixed it" in air quotes or the part where everybody cannot believe he seriously suggested just flipping a map upside down and calling it new rofl

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Did a quick search to find an article to complete the trilogy :fire:

 

ffc608e2-23f0-43bc-8909-8dcb3d37af3c.png

KDXSlSm.pngHGfNCyz.png

Yep, this one's a bit rough to look at.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

The only critique I have on this survey is that I feel like there should be an "Indifferent" option for the additions to Halo section. I'll spoil my one answer, I personally feel like Clamber is irrelevant regardless of all the other abilities and whatnot. Like if it's there? Cool. If it's not there, I'm probably able to jump up there regardless.

I did originally have a "Neutral" option, but I find having neutral spoils data. Not having neutral forces you to think more and therefore give higher quality information, and it makes it easier to analyse. Think of it this way; if I put a lie detector on you and a gun to your head and said choose and don't lie or I kill you, you could probably make a decision and survive. Where if I allow you to say neutral to one thing, then I have to allow you to say neutral to other things, then loads of people will just say neutral and it turns into a bit of a waste of time. That is why I gave two levels of each direction, so if you don't feel strongly you can give a lesser opinion. That's why I also made all answers required to submit other than the favorite map/gametypes written answer.

I am trying to collect as many responses as possible, at the moment we are on 36 answers so can still add a question or modify any so keep the feedback coming :)

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KurtiZ said:

I did originally have a "Neutral" option, but I find having neutral spoils data. Not having neutral forces you to think more and therefore give higher quality information, and it makes it easier to analyse. Think of it this way; if I put a lie detector on you and a gun to your head and said choose and don't lie or I kill you, you could probably make a decision and survive. Where if I allow you to say neutral to one thing, then I have to allow you to say neutral to other things, then loads of people will just say neutral and it turns into a bit of a waste of time. That is why I gave two levels of each direction, so if you don't feel strongly you can give a lesser opinion. That's why I also made all answers required to submit other than the favorite map/gametypes written answer.

I am trying to collect as many responses as possible, at the moment we are on 36 answers so can still add a question or modify any so keep the feedback coming :)

Good point, good point. Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post

The written answer got me thinking: What map/gametype combo should be each game's "ambassador" to the franchise? Like, not necessarily the best gametype in the game, but maybe the best unique gametype in that game. Like for instance, when I was answering the survey, I put one gametype from H1, 2 and 3, and I changed my H2 answer from Midship CTF to Lockout Ball, because I felt that Lockout Ball represents Halo 2 better than Midship CTF, if that makes sense. I also put Damnation 2v2. Dammy isn't my favorite map, but the metagame surrounding camo and the verticality in the gameplay is so unique to H1. I'm curious what you guys would put for each game.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

The written answer got me thinking: What map/gametype combo should be each game's "ambassador" to the franchise? Like, not necessarily the best gametype in the game, but maybe the best unique gametype in that game. Like for instance, when I was answering the survey, I put one gametype from H1, 2 and 3, and I changed my H2 answer from Midship CTF to Lockout Ball, because I felt that Lockout Ball represents Halo 2 better than Midship CTF, if that makes sense. I also put Damnation 2v2. Dammy isn't my favorite map, but the metagame surrounding camo and the verticality in the gameplay is so unique to H1. I'm curious what you guys would put for each game.

Most unique...

H1 - Hang Em & Dam

H2 - Lockout TS

H3 - Guardian Slayer & Pit Flag

H5 - Plaza Slayer & Eden Strongholds

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.