CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Who wants to go to Halo Outpost Chicago, hold an impromptu H1 and/or H2 tourney, and shit on everyone there?

Make sure it's Halo 2 Anniversary.  Because that's the best classic Halo game.

Just now, Squatting Bear said:

Make sure it's Halo 2 Anniversary.  Because that's the best classic Halo game.

The lead designer at Certain Affinity who made H2A for MCC actually sits right behind me, hired him a few months back if you guys have any questions lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

The lead designer at Certain Affinity who made H2A for MCC actually sits right behind me, hired him a few months back if you guys have any questions lol

Got any info for us on what you're working on yet?

18 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Who were the points of contact at 343, who seemed like they were making the decisions? 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Why did the h2a maps have solar flare. Who greenlit that

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Why was Midship not a thing?

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Sure thing.  Can you ask him why he hates button combos and skill based Halo?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

TBA, still working every single day on furthering that. Lots of developer stuff, outreach, meeting with publishers, connections always happening to further it.

CA had a lot of creative freedom on the smaller details that 343 might never have specified. Was mostly larger scope decisions that 343 would determine/veto that would relinquish control. But the specific way the game played was up to CA.

The art lead at CA at the time lol he's actually a fantastic artist, really well known throughout the industry. In the big picture H2A looked awesome. Perf and lighting just should've received some more love that's all.

They wanted it to be but 343 said no so they could make a big reveal when they first showed H5 with Truth.

Were looked at but because so many of those were tied to programming specifics and H2A was built on the H4 engine, it would've basically like....rebreaking the code in some way, or manually reprogramming the combos back in. It wouldn't have felt spot on exact for obvious reasons, it's a new engine, but the discussion was there and then ultimately decided they weren't that important.

For the exact reason you just said. Hitmarkers were in H4. Most devs don't think of hitmarkers as any sort of harmful so it was just a no-brainer to have them in. The classic Halo community is really the last bastion on this front tbh; can't think of any other game community that actively shuns hitmarkers (I agree with you all btw)

Well, it's purely based on the whole nade hitmarkers giving free info thing. The indicators just take up space and get super annoying considering you can throw 8 nades at someone pretty quickly. I wouldn't mind kill markers like in H5, they're actually pretty neat, but we really have to ditch hitmarkers for Infinite.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

16 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Well, it's purely based on the whole nade hitmarkers giving free info thing. The indicators just take up space and get super annoying considering you can throw 8 nades at someone pretty quickly. I wouldn't mind kill markers like in H5, they're actually pretty neat, but we really have to ditch hitmarkers for Infinite.

I agree, I would still keep the hitmarkers for the shots though but ditch the hitmarkers for the nades.

Having hit markers for your shots is a good thing, let’s you know if you hit or not. But nade hit markers? Na man fuck that.  

5 minutes ago, Gold said:

Having hit markers for your shots is a good thing, let’s you know if you hit or not. But nade hit markers? Na man fuck that.  

Too many conditions for me to enjoy hitmarkers, like shooting a rocket at a corner, getting hitmarkers for someone you couldn't see. Fundamentally no different than grenade hitmarkers. On top of it just being redundant w/ shield flare.  I'm not a fan.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Too many conditions for me to enjoy hitmarkers, like shooting a rocket at a corner, getting hitmarkers for someone you couldn't see. Fundamentally no different than grenade hitmarkers. On top of it just being redundant w/ shield flare.  I'm not a fan.

Well when you put it like that I agree, didn’t even think of the whole rocket thing. 

My guess for the reason hitmarkers are on explosives is because usually when programming the weapons every weapon technically is in the same category. They’d have to individually apply hit markers to every specific weapon. That’s too much of a hassle and a waste of time. Hit markers should just go in general. The way we knew are shots connected in the old days was if the shields starting blinking. 

Hitmarkers are another of the "expected" mechanics like sprint that just add nothing to gameplay. Especially dumb shit like hitmarkers on explosives, grenades and my favorite on wallbangs in CoD. Just what kind of imbecile thought that's a good idea. Or hitmarkers on flashbangs. It's especially redundant in Halo given that shield flare achieves everything hitmarkers can offer but without any of the drawbacks and it looks way cooler.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Hitmarkers are another of the "expected" mechanics like sprint that just add nothing to gameplay. Especially dumb shit like hitmarkers on explosives, grenades and my favorite on wallbangs in CoD. Just what kind of imbecile thought that's a good idea. Or hitmarkers on flashbangs. It's especially redundant in Halo given that shield flare achieves everything hitmarkers can offer but without any of the drawbacks and it looks way cooler.

Pubg doesn’t have hit markers and it’s honestly perfect, especially with flash bangs. If you knew for a fact you hit someone, mofos be rushing like a madman.

10 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Pubg doesn’t have hit markers and it’s honestly perfect, especially with flash bangs. If you knew for a fact you hit someone, mofos be rushing like a madman.

And so is R6 siege. They have abnormal amount of blood when hitting someone with a headshot and killmarker when killing someone. I think 343 should adopt this but instead of blood they should have the shield glowing.

1 hour ago, stagierewe said:

And so is R6 siege. They have abnormal amount of blood when hitting someone with a headshot and killmarker when killing someone. I think 343 should adopt this but instead of blood they should have the shield glowing.

Hit markers just aren’t necessary in any game. Sure it makes you feel better knowing your shot connected(although in cod, people(pros and streamers complain about getting hit markers all the time so kill markers be better) . 

This free info stuff is honestly really annoying simply because of what it does. It makes it so people don’t get punished for making pushes. You know what I wish games would do is not decrease accuracy Because you’re moving. Apex does this and it’s getting tons of love. Halo and cod are the only games that give perfect accuracy as you move(although tbh in cod it’s debatable a little bit). 

Shield pop or other visual feedback gives all the benefits of hitmarkers with none of the bullshit. 

• Like (+1) 5

They need to scrap radar for good and implement a ping system into Halo similar to R6: Siege. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:05 PM, MultiLockOn said:

They wanted it to be but 343 said no so they could make a big reveal when they first showed H5 with Truth.

343 man smh :intensifies::mj:

• Like (+1) 3

I don't understand why any of you people would have even wanted Midship in H2A when literally ZERO of the classic mechanics would have been present.

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I don't understand why any of you people would have even wanted Midship in H2A when literally ZERO of the classic mechanics would have been present.

Yea why would anyone want an extra map in a game that only has 3. WHY would anyone want one of the best maps in a game. I don't understand either man. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

14 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea why would anyone want an extra map in a game that only has 3. WHY would anyone want one of the best maps in a game. I don't understand either man. 

Bro Halo 2 Anniversary clearly has 7 maps including the competitively designed Remnant.