CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

The thought of players sprinting around Chill Out makes my blood boil

Warlock. Nightmare inducing.

• Fire (+1) 1

You could chain abilities to jump from one base to another on midship with Halo 5's abilities. 

It's not a written rule buts its pretty obvious that you have to bloat the maps for the abilities to semi-work or else the game would be even more of a cluster fuck. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

The thought of players sprinting around Chill Out makes my blood boil

In case you need more nightmare fuel, there's a Chill Out remake in the H5 Super Fiesta playlist. People dash across the map and get 3sk by shooting people in the stomach with the HaLo OnE PiSToL.

Love it.  Also like the little shoutout to DUSK in the corner (it IS really good).

Now if only we could get some actual news about the game...

8 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Love it.  Also like the little shoutout to DUSK in the corner (it IS really good).

Now if only we could get some actual news about the game...

"Our goals right now are making the game actually play, and feel like Halo before we dive into extra things."

"We're actively aware of what feedback our internal builds lack and are working towards those. It's not something we've skipped on... Shields require fx and we've been short on any fx artists for a long time. I believe for a long time we tried seeking out for such an artist in the updates, but little avail."

"At the moment we're in a pre-alpha state, so doing a roadmap wouldn't be advantageous to show the actual progress we're making with it. Putting a roadmap out right now would include simple things like "Tweaking bullet magnetism" or "Implementing vehicle physics" then again in two months they would reappear until we've got them to a point where the game feels like Halo to us. Then when we've got it there we put it out to all of you to test, break, and tell us what we did wrong until we nail that core gameplay loop that is required to make a Halo game."

I was just talking about this with a couple people. What if the campaign had RPG elements, you start off as a base spartan and slowly unlock spartan abilities and upgrade your spartan bit by bit. Think almost like Metroid, but probably less exploration.

For multiplayer, arena is base spartans, no upgrades, equal starts, no spartan abilities. For warzone, you play with your campaign spartan, maybe you can even get warzone unlocks while playing campaign and either use them in campaign or warzone.

Dumb thought, decent idea, what do you think?

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Silos said:

I was just talking about this with a couple people. What if the campaign had RPG elements, you start off as a base spartan and slowly unlock spartan abilities and upgrade your spartan bit by bit. Think almost like Metroid, but probably less exploration.

For multiplayer, arena is base spartans, no upgrades, equal starts, no spartan abilities. For warzone, you play with your campaign spartan, maybe you can even get warzone unlocks while playing campaign and either use them in campaign or warzone.

If you compare MC to Mario - I fuck with the idea of a ton of different types of games. The FPS should be arena style shooting though.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Silos said:

So sort of like Destiny except in arena you don't have all the BS equipped? Honestly doesn't sound too bad, I've thought of a Destiny styled Halo game before but never put a ton of thought into it because Halo has so much potential in many areas, One idea I'm really into is the idea of people being able to customize their starting weapons and unlock cosmetics for them without it actually affecting how the guns works ofc. Personally I'd make the Halo load-out a single-shot 4SK projectile utility weapon with an Assault Rifle secondary (scrap the BR or make it a map pick-up) both with the option to customize the way they look, maybe you want your utility to look like the CE Magnum or a Reach DMR with another scope that you unlocked? That sort of thing. Remove ADS so the scope aesthetics wont play a factor either. Hell you could even make it so you can unlock different skins for the power weapons which appear when you pick up the weapon, Quake Champions did it and Fortnite has done it recently too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Silos said:

I’m thinking there should also be different skills that can be leveled up like cooking (preventing hunger levels from rising), hand-to-hand combat and aiming (gives player the option of being a brawler or a sharpshooter) or gun-making (for making guns).

Let me know what you guys think.

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 hours ago, Mow said:

Personally I'd make the Halo load-out a single-shot 4SK projectile utility weapon

My thoughts exactly. Basically just make it the CE magnum but a 4sk instead of a 3sk. I think a 0.9s ttk would be the perfect middle ground to please both fans of CE’s quick kill times and the longer kill times of later Halos. Personally I don’t care if it’s a magnum or a DMR but probably lean toward DMR to avoid all the usual arguments against a pistol as a primary. Being able to skin your primary as a BR, DMR, etc... would be awesome as well.

• Like (+1) 4

Even if they did make the utility like that we all know they'd make it so easy to use everyone would be hitting 3 shots every fight. Remember the H5 "Halo One Pistol" I think they'd do that and say something like "empowering each spartan"

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Personally I don’t care if it’s a magnum or a DMR but probably lean toward DMR to avoid all the usual arguments against a pistol as a primary. Being able to skin your primary as a BR, DMR, etc... would be awesome as well.

Seeing kids having a meltdown over how "it's just a sidearm!!!!" kinda is my #1 argument for keeping the utility a pistol.

BR/DMR/pistol/etc. skins for your utility would still be me favorite...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Even if they did make the utility like that we all know they'd make it so easy to use everyone would be hitting 3 shots every fight. Remember the H5 "Halo One Pistol" I think they'd do that and say something like "empowering each spartan"

I'd dislike it immensely but it'd be better design wise than having a weak utility or an inconsistent one. 

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

343 has never made their halos without hitscan and high bullet mag, so you’re probably right 

On 1/30/2019 at 5:37 AM, calberto said:

Seeing kids having a meltdown over how "it's just a sidearm!!!!" kinda is my #1 argument for keeping the utility a pistol.

BR/DMR/pistol/etc. skins for your utility would still be me favorite...

Take pistol stats, apply to DMR.

Easy fix. Single shot utility weapon that looks like a big-ass rifle with a powerful round so those spergs aren't offended by it/ 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, Larry Sizemore said:

If you could only have one, which would you prefer?

A) CE pistol - with its original traits and difficulty restored - plus sprint and spartan abilities (i.e. CE anniversary playlist in H5, but with the pistol fixed to not be an automatic 3 shot)

or

B) BR with spread and projectile bullets, but no sprint or spartan abilities (i.e. Halo 3)

A and it's not even close. 

Who wants to go to Halo Outpost Chicago, hold an impromptu H1 and/or H2 tourney, and shit on everyone there?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Who wants to go to Halo Outpost Chicago, hold an impromptu H1 and/or H2 tourney, and shit on everyone there?

last night, my wife comes to me and says ' Hey you want to go to Chicago in August ? ', I ask ' Why ? ', she shows me the Halo Outpost announcement.... well, now are are going to Chicago in August indeed.

What I'm saying is that, yes, I would like to do that :fire:

• Fire (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

now lemon this would certainly be an epic gamer troll.

• Like (+1) 1