CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

So Clutch has joined 343, let’s hope the pros feedback is actually acknowledged.

>Remembers Halo 5's AR/Radar settings in a $1,000,000 tournament

>hahaha whats the point

Any1 remember when neighbor did that #classichalofan stuff n grimbrotherone made some vague tweet about burning bridges

yea im pretty sure halo infinite will be more of the same shit. Lol

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

>Remembers Halo 5's AR/Radar settings in a $1,000,000 tournament

>hahaha whats the point

That was before, there’s a slight chance things will be different.

10 hours ago, Killmachine said:

Any1 remember when neighbor did that #classichalofan stuff n grimbrotherone made some vague tweet about burning bridges

yea im pretty sure halo infinite will be more of the same shit. Lol

No actually, what's the whole story with that? 

2 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

No actually, what's the whole story with that? 

Not much of a story, also I don't think it was Grim I believe it was David Ellis.

I don't remember the exact tweet, but when Neighbor tweeted saying he was leaving 343 he ended the tweet with #ClassicHaloFan. A 343 employee tweeted shortly after (within 24 hours I believe) saying something along the lines of "Careful, it's a small industry" and then a gif of a cartoon lighting a bridge on fire. Same employee later said it wasn't about Neighbor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I forgot about David Ellis. Mr. Paintball himself...

14 hours ago, Silos said:

Not much of a story, also I don't think it was Grim I believe it was David Ellis.

I don't remember the exact tweet, but when Neighbor tweeted saying he was leaving 343 he ended the tweet with #ClassicHaloFan. A 343 employee tweeted shortly after (within 24 hours I believe) saying something along the lines of "Careful, it's a small industry" and then a gif of a cartoon lighting a bridge on fire. Same employee later said it wasn't about Neighbor.

Ok but does anybody actually believe that in regards to the timing. Seems like quite the tweet to put out immediately after what seemed like a controversial tweet

Unless neighbor knew hcs was gonna be done with h5 soon and that we’d be going back to classic halo for competition. But that was a while ago so idk

16 hours ago, Silos said:

Ironically, that employee was doing the very thing he cautioned against.

This pro team announcement means jack shit honestly we saw how it played out with Halo 5 if 343 didn’t like there feedback or it conflicted with there vision of “Halo” it was straight up ignored.

Nothing suggests that mentality at 343i has changed until I see actual gameplay it’s meaningless.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

This pro team announcement means jack shit honestly we saw how it played out with Halo 5 if 343 didn’t like there feedback or it conflicted with there vision of “Halo” it was straight up ignored.

Nothing suggests that mentality at 343i has changed until I see actual gameplay it’s meaningless.

You make a good point. I’d honestly be cool if thruster stayed, but everything else gone. It’s pretty easy to tell that 343 is trying their hardest to make a halo outside of what Bungie started work. They can’t seem to get it tbh. 

13 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

God, any hype I start to feel regarding Halo Infinite is quickly met with... this realization.

But of course, 343 resents this if you take it out on them. They're the victims here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, PolyG said:

God, any hype I start to feel regarding Halo Infinite is quickly met with... this realization.

But of course, 343 resents this if you take it out on them. They're the victims here.

I’m not even hyped, I’m just hopeful this will be good. But once I see that sprint plus thrust combo I’ll know my hope was crushed.

• Like (+1) 2

The way I see it, 343 can do this in three different ways, with none of them being good.

Make Infinite more Classic: Congratulations, we finally got a more classic inspired Halo again! Except it draws everything from the most popular slice of the trilogy, Halo 3. We now have this amalgamation of Halo 3 with a side of modern art twist, with the sluggish classic movement and a gimped Battle Rifle to boot. Sure, we have the modern weapons in the mix, but the sandbox will be stupid weak and gunshots will spread like butter. The hardcore settings will have a DMR after months and months of arguing with the devs (and the community of H3 fanbois who un-apologetically like spready BR) and the game ultimately will feel like a trashy modded version of H2A.

Make Infinite more Modern: 343 tries to refine the Spartan Abilities from Halo 5 starting with the HCS Settings. Ground Pound and Spartan Charge are gone, Thrust and Clamber always keep your gun up to fire no matter what, Stabilize lasts longer, and Slide is smoother. AR/Magnum starts, but the Magnum has been nerfed into a mixture of the H5 Beta and Gunfighter, taking six shots to kill and has a 15 shot magazine. The overpowered and easy sandbox has minimal changes, and people argue that the Magnum either gets a buff, or we have BR starts. A year later, the Magnum gets a buff and basically turns into the H5 iteration with three extra bullets.

Make Infinite a mixture of Old and New: 343 take a look at all of the first three games, and try to expand on the classic movement from there. There isn't any sprint, but there is a Thrust, Stabilize, and a weird Wall-Kick that elevates you at half of your jump height. BR/AR starts, the former being an exact replica of the H5 BR we know today, and the latter being the H4 iteration. The sandbox is all over the place with jumbled easy and also way too hard to aim weapons, along with the return of H3 Equipment that has been tweaked. A constant feeling of "meh" washes over the entire Halo community, because the game isn't bad, but it isn't great either.

You could shift some things between these three possible outcomes, but it ultimately changes nothing. I honestly would be surprised if Infinite isn't like any of these.

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

The way I see it, 343 can do this in three different ways, with none of them being good.

Make Infinite more Classic: Congratulations, we finally got a more classic inspired Halo again! Except it draws everything from the most popular slice of the trilogy, Halo 3. We now have this amalgamation of Halo 3 with a side of modern art twist, with the sluggish classic movement and a gimped Battle Rifle to boot. Sure, we have the modern weapons in the mix, but the sandbox will be stupid weak and gunshots will spread like butter. The hardcore settings will have a DMR after months and months of arguing with the devs (and the community of H3 fanbois who un-apologetically like spready BR) and the game ultimately will feel like a trashy modded version of H2A.

Make Infinite more Modern: 343 tries to refine the Spartan Abilities from Halo 5 starting with the HCS Settings. Ground Pound and Spartan Charge are gone, Thrust and Clamber always keep your gun up to fire no matter what, Stabilize lasts longer, and Slide is smoother. AR/Magnum starts, but the Magnum has been nerfed into a mixture of the H5 Beta and Gunfighter, taking six shots to kill and has a 15 shot magazine. The overpowered and easy sandbox has minimal changes, and people argue that the Magnum either gets a buff, or we have BR starts. A year later, the Magnum gets a buff and basically turns into the H5 iteration with three extra bullets.

Make Infinite a mixture of Old and New: 343 take a look at all of the first three games, and try to expand on the classic movement from there. There isn't any sprint, but there is a Thrust, Stabilize, and a weird Wall-Kick that elevates you at half of your jump height. BR/AR starts, the former being an exact replica of the H5 BR we know today, and the latter being the H4 iteration. The sandbox is all over the place with jumbled easy and also way too hard to aim weapons, along with the return of H3 Equipment that has been tweaked. A constant feeling of "meh" washes over the entire Halo community, because the game isn't bad, but it isn't great either.

You could shift some things between these three possible outcomes, but it ultimately changes nothing. I honestly would be surprised if Infinite isn't like any of these.

I imagine if halo infinite is a classic halo, it’ll be more like h2a with less aim assist, better weapon balance. The current irritation of the Br doesn’t work because ofthruster for the most part tbh.

but you’re last post is the thing that’s likely to happen. Simply because they’re using the hw2 art style whom is a mix of og and new.

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

snip

If the map design is as sorry as it was in H5 that will sink the game no matter what direction they go. A collection of bloated Simplex riffs and asymm racetracks just isn't gonna cut it.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm kind of worried it will be an unsatisfying Halo 3 clone and then the brainlets in the Halo community will act all smug about our dissatisfaction with it.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't care what Infinite uses as a baseline for it's gameplay or if it has sprint. If it has a utility weapon with a fast TTK and low aim assists that isn't completely outclassed by lesser-skill guns, it will already be better than 80% of the past Halo games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

im gonna coom if infinite has playable elites, split screen multiplayer and vehicle spam just like HALO THREE

3 hours ago, ARUKET said:

I'm kind of worried it will be an unsatisfying Halo 3 clone and then the brainlets in the Halo community will act all smug about our dissatisfaction with it.

Tbh they’d have a right too after how smug we’ve been.

Your a fool if you believe 343 can make a good Halo Game after all these years. Halo 4, Cancer. MCC, broken for many years. Halo 5, ass. What, you think they magically gon get their shit together for this game?   3w2MWDX.png I'll be damned. 

• Like (+1) 4

I liked H2A & H5 plus strongly believe Infinite will be almost as good as H3. Then again, I'm a very optimistic person.