CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Agreed tbh I never would play the playlist without at best an extra man with me, although it wasn’t too bad since reach era was still the erA where gamechat existed.

also they really should have TU’ed the entire game, pissed me off how people played regular team slayer more than the TU. Like zero bloom was op on other shit sure, but TU actually is how reach should of shipped. That had 85% bloom and it played really good.  

Yeah I'd either go in with people or dashboard as soon as an enemy to4 came up. In Reach they still had the decency to tell is if people are in a party whereas in H4 and 5 they though we'd be dumb enough to not notice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Saw this post on reddit just now and thought I'd share. I certainly found it interesting.

"Hi, Installation01 art director here.

Every Halo game feels different. Staggeringly so at times. If you've been around during the entire series's run, you'd know that literally every Halo release is extremely contentious and controversial because of the shifts in mechanics both small and large from title to title. From big changes like nerfing the pistol in Halo 2 or changing equipment to armor abilities from Halo 3 to Reach to small changes like illustrating bullet spread in the HUD through visual reticle expansion or literally any balance patch in any of the games. They all send the Halo community into a vicious blood thirsty stupor. If you yourself aren't willing to define the grand real estate that the umbrella statement "X game actually feels like Halo" describes, I'm not sure if one gets to designate what does and doesn't feel like Halo.

That being said, right now, it's definitely its own thing but if it's closest to any specific title in the series it's Halo 2. Like something between Quake and old Halo. The jump is more akin to Reach, not the 1 1/2 spartan high moon hover it is in Halo 1 and 2, but with plenty of time for some nice air control at the apex. Crouch jumping works just fine which is pretty fantastic. The movement acceleration itself is pretty damn snappy while avoiding the massive levels of ADAD spam that plague existing incarnations of Halo on PC. We're using projectiles instead of hitscan, and we've had it working pretty well. Arguably at its best, landing a shot is more dependable than Halo 3. Hit detection is work in progress right now so depending on what hour of what day someone plays in editor or in the build, it could be fantastic or horrible. Such is the way of development.

Installation 01 doesn't feel quite like any existing Halo, but it doesn't feel like it doesn't belong either. It's not outside of the margins, in my opinion.

Honestly I retract the quake bit, it feels like CS:GO. It feels sourcy, so I guess the quake scent is still there. As much of a Halo tribute i01 is, we aim to inject our own identity into the game. We will have our own original armors and guns and maps. It's a new experience building on the original trilogy, lateral to the direction Halo 4 and on went. We don't seek to be a replacement.

If Infinite plays like a classic title, we still aim to have our own separate appeal that would hopefully sustain a community."

• Like (+1) 4

The dev team for that game is millennial cancer.

It's cool that i01 exists and is in the style of classic/real Halo. But like all these community made games, I doubt it will take off. However it might send a good message to 343 that their mobility garbage and other fad chasing can fuck off and Infinite needs to be a proper Halo game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

37210343_476425206133444_729886846649945

I don't agree with all of their ideas, but at the same time it sounds like a Team Beyond wet dream. Classic Halo style, higher base speed, snappy strafe, air control in jumps, projectile weapons, slightly higher ttk, more vertical map design... Assuming it is all put together well, it will almost certainly deliver an experience a lot closer to what people have been asking for compared to 343. And even if Infinite is classic at least it'll be free.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Hope it's good so I can finally toss my Xbox.

The complaints of "ADAD spam" make me nervous but hearing that it feels like a Source game is reassuring, so mixed emotions there.

That reminds me, it's been like half a year since I even checked in on the project, I wonder how-*glances at their youtube channel*...oh....it's fucking nothing...

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Something wrong?

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Ramirez77 said:

The complaints of "ADAD spam" make me nervous but hearing that it feels like a Source game is reassuring, so mixed emotions there.

That reminds me, it's been like half a year since I even checked in on the project, I wonder how-*glances at their youtube channel*...oh....it's fucking nothing...

Something wrong?

I follow their Twitter and they always post cringey meme shit. Given that I'm an old man stuck in a young man's body, it bothers me a hair.

Why do I follow them you ask? Good question 

3 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

I hang out in their discord sometimes. They are working hard on it (for free and in their spare time), but they're very very particular about what they show and when. They don't want to show something that is really rough for people to turn around and complain about how rough it is... so we end up waiting around. Silly as it is though, I still have more faith in these millennial memers than 343.

6 hours ago, NightClerk said:

Sounds somewhat promising. Last sentence of his tweet is, "What I can do tho is listen to this community." Seems like the kind of thing we like to hear.

isn't that the kind of stuff 343 is saying for years now?
Even if they would listen, they need to listen to the right people...

• Upvote (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, calberto said:

isn't that the kind of stuff 343 is saying for years now?
Even if they would listen, they need to listen to the right people...

This. 

343 needs to listen to the people who want halo done right. If only tommy kost wasn’t such a dick, because he makes some Solid points and suggestions on how halo should be made, but 343 won’t listen to him because tbh he talks hella shit about 343 when giving amazing points on how to improve classic halo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

20 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

New topic,

CLAN WARS playlist(spartan companies) 

Elucidate. We talking to4 parties from the same Spartan Company only?

another 8-man or 4-man ranked playlist where only people from same spartan company can search would be my guess too

black ops 2 had something similar in their league play which was pretty awesome

Anything good been revealed about this in the last few months?

Also what the hell happened to the forums. Who did this.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

48 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Anything good been revealed about this in the last few months?

Also what the hell happened to the forums. Who did this.

I know. It's like, goddamn, I turn around for three years and y'all pull this shit.

...that's interesting. Maybe bungie will get like 10% of it's mojo back and get back to the reach days where they released a complete game at the minimum.

34 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

...that's interesting. Maybe bungie will get like 10% of it's mojo back and get back to the reach days where they released a complete game at the minimum.

You're awfully optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L377UC3 said:

You're awfully optimistic.

Am I though? Am I really? Most of this forum hates reach. They consider it a gameplay travesty. Like, how optimistic can I be when I say that the upside is that they may possibly go from steamed shit to...smoked shit, I guess? Lol.

INew topic,

CLAN WARS playlist(spartan companies) 

i wish destiny played like halo honestly. Like hip fire, nades and shit. Hells but keep it’s mmo rpg elements still but normal for MP.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Clans haven't been cool since Halo 2.

Maybe because there’s no fucking playlist for clans. The only incentive people had for joining a spartan company in h5, was to get the Achilles helmet. But we know that caused mass issues for those who didn’t join one because they’d get matched against a big party of 12 in warzone and get farmed the shit out of. 

If they had a playlist called company wars that’d of been sick.