CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

That trailer was extremely reminicent of the first red dead 2 trailer.

Can someone tell me why they would show a teaser for a new engine with some of the assets looking like that? Those animals looked downright mediocre. 

3c1d42de4cd8a636ed7ea2a0674649c4.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm pretty shocked at the negativity. a modern engine is long overdue. the fact they arent still patching up Bungie's engine is a big fucking deal. it looks great- now here's hoping they use it to create some classic halo experiences.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm pretty shocked at the negativity. a modern engine is long overdue. the fact they arent still patching up Bungie's engine is a big fucking deal. it looks great- now here's hoping they use it to create some classic halo experiences.

I don't think anybody is upset about the new engine. I think it's that the only thing we learned is that it's a new engine. If they said new engine and then showed five seconds of gameplay I'd be considerably happier. I guess we know why it's taking so long now, which I guess is a plus?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me why they would show a teaser for a new engine with some of the assets looking like that? Those animals looked downright mediocre

They're deer and rinos dude....

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm VERY pleased with the E3 showing today.

First, Halo:Infinite. I was hoping to see a glimpse of gameplay or any info on a released or beta timeline. That's the disappointing side of this. The art style looks amazing. I love the direction this game appears to be taking visually. Chief's armor and helmet are great. That said, we don't know much. It's going to be a long wait, and I wish we had more than a brief glimpse and promises of flight testing. I hope all this feedback for years has been taken into account and the game is transcendent. It looks like H5 and MCC is on the horizon for us.

The other big thing was Gears. Gears 5 stuff looks amazing from the lore side of things and gameplay side. Without going into too much depth, it looks like TC has changed some things and also taken feedback into account. With the mobile and RTS along with Halo:Infinite, it looks like these two franchises will be the cornerstones of Xbox and Microsoft gaming for the foreseeable future.

The weird thing is the GoW5 release date. 2019. Well, would you think that Gears and Halo release the same year? I don't. Unless Gears releases in Spring of 2019 and Halo:Infinite in the Fall due to the flight testing. That would give them a full year and some change to test it, have another hype cycle, and get the game out. But, both flagship titles in the same years concerns me that Halo:Infinite won't be until 2020.

Overall though, pretty great show. I like what Xbox is doing with these titles and building more studios around them.

This is TB: haven and shelter of toxicity some reasonable, some unreasonable. What did you expect?
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The other big thing was Gears. Gears 5 stuff looks amazing from the lore side of things and gameplay side. Without going into too much depth, it looks like TC has changed some things and also taken feedback into account. With the mobile and RTS along with Halo:Infinite, it looks like these two franchises will be the cornerstones of Xbox and Microsoft gaming for the foreseeable future.

I want to hear that depth. I really liked Gears 4, at least from a multiplayer side of things, but I hear people talk about gameplay not being great when it felt the same to me. I'm not very educated in terms of Gears intricacies though so I'd love for somebody to explain it to me.

Honestly I'm just interested in the flights and feedback part of the article. I really want to just play and give feedback before everything is close to final. I don't even care if its not a super classic Halo I just want it to make sense. I'm not really against change or improvement. I just want the changes to actually be improvements if they're going to exist

100% agree. Thats the thing i'm most excited about is the fact that we can give them direct feedback through these test flights. Hopefully so the game won't launch broken like MCC or barebones like H5. 

They're graphical assets, dude. 

what? Did you want the rinos to have frikn laser beams attatched to their frikin heads, Dr.Evil? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The cherry on top for me today, is that I won the Halo tournament my MS store was holding for an "E3 viewing party" and won $40 in Xbox credit that I was going to use for my Halo pre-order which won't be available before the credit expires.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The new engine aspect is perfectly fine. If it's a good engine I don't give a shit.

what? Did you want the rinos to have frikn laser beams attatched to their frikin heads, Dr.Evil? 

Some gameplay would've been nice, yes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think anybody is upset about the new engine. I think it's that the only thing we learned is that it's a new engine. If they said new engine and then showed five seconds of gameplay I'd be considerably happier. I guess we know why it's taking so long now, which I guess is a plus?

I imagine they don't have gameplay to show because they are working on tech and the game aspect of it isn't in a showable state. making a new engine and a new game using said engine is a lengthy process... its been 3 years - which is how long it usually takes to make a game on an established engine.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is TB: haven and shelter of toxicity some reasonable, some unreasonable. What did you expect?

i dunno. i was expecting something like "yay an engine that wasn't created for 20 off-the-shelf pc hardware".

i definitely wasnt expecting shit like " is it even a shooter" and "those deer assets are bad"

I was also kinda hoping for a longer dev cycle given how incomplete h5 was...

I don't get why a lot of games have great textures then the team that puts textures on animals like dogs and deer somehow get all their funding swiped and we have 10x10 pixel textures on the fauna. It's weird.

I don't get why a lot of games have great textures then the team that puts textures on animals like dogs and deer somehow get all their funding swiped and we have 10x10 pixel textures on the fauna. It's weird.

The text at the bottom of the video literally says "game engine demonstration". 

That's...not good. 

The text at the bottom of the video literally says "game engine demonstration". 

That's...not good. 

Yeah but the water had foam on the edges near the rock so... checkmate.