Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

The thing about the H3 playlist in H5 is that it was built to fail 100%. It was a joke. I don't even forge and I could've done better than what they did on high ground spawn wise. The movement speed was slowed down to comical levels for no reason whatsoever. 

Let's also not forget that the first day the playlist was out they changed the shield recharge to about 50% the normal rate which means you had to crouch in a corner for 10+ seconds after every gunfight. How does one screw up this bad? This just proves to me that they are either completely incompetent or did it on purpose to hurt the playlist, which coupled with the abysmal settings of course worked and the playlist was removed a few weeks later. 

I think 343 just instinctively associates "classic playlist" with "half ass this shit". Name me one classic playlist in the history of Halo that didn't have glaring flaws and obvious oversights. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Basu said:

Let's also not forget that the first day the playlist was out they changed the shield recharge to about 50% the normal rate which means you had to crouch in a corner for 10+ seconds after every gunfight. How does one screw up this bad? This just proves to me that they are either completely incompetent or did it on purpose to hurt the playlist, which coupled with the abysmal settings of course worked and the playlist was removed a few weeks later. 

I think 343 just instinctively associates "classic playlist" with "half ass this shit". Name me one classic playlist in the history of Halo that didn't have glaring flaws and obvious oversights. 

The one in Reach was pretty damn fun while it lasted.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The one in Reach was pretty damn fun while it lasted.

The forge one Overkill VR made or the Anniversary one? 

The one of forge maps had classic Bungie nonsense like forced AR start bullshit, low score limits in Ball and King and worst of all they removed it for no apparent reason after a few months "to make room for the anniversary playlist" which didn't launch for like half a year. 

The Anniversary one still has melee damage at 50%,making it a 3 or 4 hit kill. Why? Also one nade start and Team Snipers on Headlong in the 4v4 list lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Basu said:

 Name me one classic playlist in the history of Halo that didn't have glaring flaws and obvious oversights. 

MLG Reach playlist with NBNS was great. 

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Lol I remember that classic playlist and it played really cool in my opinion. And last time I checked it had dmr or Ar starts as options of choice.  You were just unfortunate to have idiots pick them. 

Share this post


Link to post

Can't wait for one shred of information about this game... :angry:

  • Toxic (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I remember it having Needle Rifle starts for some reason. It was still really fun though. Those obj score limits were stupid though. I don’t know why that’s so difficult for devs to figure out. It’s seriously not hard. At least H5 finally got it right.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/1/2019 at 7:42 PM, Killmachine said:

alright guys heres a question me and my friend have been kicking around for a while

 

frank o'connor is franchise deveopment director at 343. his previous job at bungie was the content manager (website, writing manuals, etc)

 

so how does a man like that get access to the entirety of the halo franchise in the next job. like my personal head theory is that when games stopped doing physical manuals to save trees frankie was lfet without any kind of work and they felt bad and accidentally put him in charge of the frnachise. ROFL

Mister Chief was just that brilliant man 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

MLG Reach playlist with NBNS was great. 

Solid playlist. But I wouldn't call it great. Needed better maps. But that's Reach as whole.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Solid playlist. But I wouldn't call it great. Needed better maps. But that's Reach as whole.

Lol the maps were fine dude, we needed more maps to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

MLG Reach playlist with NBNS was great. 

It was, but that wasn't a "classic playlist". It was just the most competitive setting for the game which happened to be classic of course. Btw 343 I'm still salty you were too lazy to add party restrictions and the Arena ranks to the MLG playlist.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still salty all of reach wasn't patched. I would've loved to have played invasion with those settings.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Basu said:

It was, but that wasn't a "classic playlist". It was just the most competitive setting for the game which happened to be classic of course. Btw 343 I'm still salty you were too lazy to add party restrictions and the Arena ranks to the MLG playlist.

I must be confused as to what a classic playlist is..

@Mr Grim I really enjoyed Invasion. Reach got a lot of hate but from a casual standpoint it was pretty damn fun. Only if firefight was unlimited rounds..

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Somehow I doubt the multiplayer philosophy has even been decided on yet. It probably means nothing. 

frankie has no credibility any more lol. taking his word for anything would be extremely stupid at this point

 

and ur probably right. halo infinite likely was going through more of the enhanced mobility stuff and probably hero shooter shit before the trend died and fortnite became the biggest thing ever. i honestly think they're just searching for the next gimmick or whatever that will put halo over the top "this time"

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still waiting for halo to add mining and resource collecting.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Basu said:

It was, but that wasn't a "classic playlist". It was just the most competitive setting for the game which happened to be classic of course. Btw 343 I'm still salty you were too lazy to add party restrictions and the Arena ranks to the MLG playlist.

 

17 hours ago, Basu said:

It was, but that wasn't a "classic playlist". It was just the most competitive setting for the game which happened to be classic of course. Btw 343 I'm still salty you were too lazy to add party restrictions and the Arena ranks to the MLG playlist.

Agreed tbh I never would play the playlist without at best an extra man with me, although it wasn’t too bad since reach era was still the erA where gamechat existed.

also they really should have TU’ed the entire game, pissed me off how people played regular team slayer more than the TU. Like zero bloom was op on other shit sure, but TU actually is how reach should of shipped. That had 85% bloom and it played really good. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Killmachine said:

frankie has no credibility any more lol. taking his word for anything would be extremely stupid at this point

 

and ur probably right. halo infinite likely was going through more of the enhanced mobility stuff and probably hero shooter shit before the trend died and fortnite became the biggest thing ever. i honestly think they're just searching for the next gimmick or whatever that will put halo over the top "this time"

 

343 are full of idiots not understanding why a game like fortnite or pubg blew up(especially fortnite) it’s because you can’t get that gameplay anywhere else. A modern halo respecting the original formula is the best way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a reminder that the guy who did skyrim's music also did the music for Pajama Sam. So if anyone can replace Marty for halo it's this dude. 

Share this post


Link to post

Another friendly reminder: the phrase is “should have”, not “should of”. Thank you.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Another friendly reminder: the phrase is “should have”, not “should of”. Thank you.

Yeah my bad, get kinda lazy typing on a mobile device at times. I don’t come on these forums via pc.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.