CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

The only halo that’s played good with sprint turned off was halo reach because the map design and weapon balance worked with it off quite well.

Did you not enjoy the H5 playlist with H3 maps & settings?

12 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

The one with Sprint and abilities right?

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

Tbh it wasn’t that bad, but many of the maps had frame rate lag on them, and the base movement speed is horribly slow, not to mention the crappy BR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 without abilities was worse than Halo 5 with abilities. The entire sandbox is balanced around the abilities, removing them made the entire game piss-easy, especially with how much aim assist and magentism every gun had, and the larger than usual explosive radius of grenades. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Halo 5 without abilities was worse than Halo 5 with abilities. The entire sandbox is balanced around the abilities, removing them made the entire game piss-easy, especially with how much aim assist and magentism every gun had, and the larger than usual explosive radius of grenades. 

Basically this. It was too easy. One simple solution would of been to increase the bms 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, it's almost like we had options to alleviate those problems but didn't for the sake of nostalgia and H3's "anniversary". That H3 playlist was a mess for multiple reasons. We needed custom no sprint settings made to deal with H5's sandbox on original maps (or even modified dev maps) with no sprint in mind. It's completely possible, but no one chooses to make it so. Evolved and even Old School got so close, but dissolved into petty bias for stupid inclusions and unneeded adjustments. That combined with poor managment and lack of commitment led to both of their downfalls.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

See? We told you guys Halo with no movement abilities is not fun and unpopular!

- 343 Probably.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

No zero abilities.

Oh.

Didn't they have a h3 throwback playlist with abilities? Could've sworn they did at one point.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Oh.

Didn't they have a h3 throwback playlist with abilities? Could've sworn they did at one point.

You're thinking of the throwback CE playlist. They left abilities in on CE maps. It was truly autistic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

You're thinking of the throwback CE playlist. They left abilities in on CE maps. It was truly autistic. 

FUCKIN that's what it was. That is autistic.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The CE anniversary playlist was actually about 500x better lmao. The h3 playlist was one of the worst things I've ever played. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

343 has this mindset where they need to not only please classic fans like us, but also it’s h5 fanbase

If 343 were smart, Infinite would be Halo 3.5, which is what millions want and have wanted for years. Screw the H5 pathetic fanbase. Bring back the glory days of real Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

The CE anniversary playlist was actually about 500x better lmao. The h3 playlist was one of the worst things I've ever played. 

What did they change about it besides abilities? I'm assuming maps got remade and shit like that.

I really hope we're not talking about the CE playlist that had the 3sk pistol from H5 along with abilities

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

What did they change about it besides abilities? I'm assuming maps got remade and shit like that.

It's honestly a lot. The maps were trash. The gametypes were awful. The spawns were hilariously broken. High ground literally had 2 spawn points. Next to rockets and under OS. Think about that for a second. Nades were nuked because you had no abilities, maps were small AND you only had 90% movement speed. Then there was the INSANE amount of power weapon kills cuz h5 weapons with slower movement and no abilities are just a joke. There were games on Pit with over 40 power weapon kills. And that was the norm. And finally the BR. They nerfed the BR and gave it pretty high recoil and reduced the AA and BM. So you literally bad to aim at people's feet to get a 4 shit because if you aim any higher your recoil will make you miss. It was just power weapon nade spam with an unfun utility weapon. 

• Like (+1) 2

The thing about the H3 playlist in H5 is that it was built to fail 100%. It was a joke. I don't even forge and I could've done better than what they did on high ground spawn wise. The movement speed was slowed down to comical levels for no reason whatsoever. On top of that outside of the pistol the H5 sandbox is literal trash and forge lagged. There were no upsides to any playlist in H5 that had anything to do with forge

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I got to LAN those gametypes/maps and enjoyed the hell out of em. Thats a testament to how much I dislike sprint and abilities. 

Although armor lock was hilariously trolly.

38 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It's honestly a lot. The maps were trash. The gametypes were awful. The spawns were hilariously broken. High ground literally had 2 spawn points. Next to rockets and under OS. Think about that for a second. Nades were nuked because you had no abilities, maps were small AND you only had 90% movement speed. Then there was the INSANE amount of power weapon kills cuz h5 weapons with slower movement and no abilities are just a joke. There were games on Pit with over 40 power weapon kills. And that was the norm. And finally the BR. They nerfed the BR and gave it pretty high recoil and reduced the AA and BM. So you literally bad to aim at people's feet to get a 4 shit because if you aim any higher your recoil will make you miss. It was just power weapon nade spam with an unfun utility weapon. 

No I mean the CE anniversary playlist. You said it was good. 

4 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

If 343 were smart, Infinite would be Halo 3.5, which is what millions want and have wanted for years. Screw the H5 pathetic fanbase. Bring back the glory days of real Halo. 

Believe me when I say you’re basically right. Lol a lot of anti classic fans always use that as an insult though. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

No I mean the CE anniversary playlist. You said it was good. 

3 shot pistol. Yea it was insanely easy but it alleviated almost every issue with the game. You could kill quickly so people count just thrust away as easily. It kept abilities in check pretty well while still allowing them to be used. It also helped balance power weapons. You could counter everything with your utility. The biggest thing for me was just the individual empowerment. Beating full parties or just being able yo carry nubs was a great change of pace. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Power weapon bad 

Uh have you played h5? They're probably the easiest power weapons in the entire series and that's with all the movement abilities. Now take them away AND lower BMS. And spawn with a weaker weapon.  Lmao. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

3 shot pistol. Yea it was insanely easy but it alleviated almost every issue with the game. You could kill quickly so people count just thrust away as easily. It kept abilities in check pretty well while still allowing them to be used. It also helped balance power weapons. You could counter everything with your utility. The biggest thing for me was just the individual empowerment. Beating full parties or just being able yo carry nubs was a great change of pace. 

You have a point. My one objection is the naming. Like is it really a "halo ce" playlist if it only has one feature from that game return besides maps? 

Shoulda just called it "Slayer(but not shit)"

• Upvote (+1) 1