CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

They could make a psuedo open world, and just unlock huge sections every 4 or so missions. That way the narrative can still be consistent and told in a certain order

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was a social stream today with a few bits of pieces of Infinite discussed. VOD is here: https://mixer.com/Halo?vod=72517605

• Spartan customization will be Reach inspired. They said they know a lot of people liked that level of customization and will pleased with what Infinite has.
  • Infinite will have 4 player splitscreen. No details if SP or MP
  • The Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind when it comes to different hardware combinations.
  • Black undersuits for spartans are confirmed (all parts that aren't metal). The art department is aware the demand for it.
  • Halo 5 players who reach Spartan Rank 152(max rank) will receive an award in Halo Infinite.
  • An other reason for a new engine was that they hit a content limit with Halo 5.
  • 343i will have an internal tournament on an Infinite build at the start of the year.
  • They are in the process of rebuilding their Pro Team and Competetive Halo will play a role in the future.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Still no gameplay information, still not excited. 

It’s not the biggest deal, but it’s still something to look forward too. I just hope they Finally remove abilities.

you know what, they need to add bots to halo. Call of duty had pros play as the boys to make the difficulty something that was hard but not some ridiculous aimbot bullshit like it is in some earlier call of duty’s. Like have the pro team make the bots and have “pro” as a difficulty. It be nice to have custom games with bots and such. Also Incase you need to warm up your shot that also be great. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanW said:

There was a social stream today with a few bits of pieces of Infinite discussed. VOD is here: https://mixer.com/Halo?vod=72517605

• Spartan customization will be Reach inspired. They said they know a lot of people liked that level of customization and will pleased with what Infinite has.
  • Infinite will have 4 player splitscreen. No details if SP or MP
  • The Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind when it comes to different hardware combinations.
  • Black undersuits for spartans are confirmed (all parts that aren't metal). The art department is aware the demand for it.
  • Halo 5 players who reach Spartan Rank 152(max rank) will receive an award in Halo Infinite.
  • An other reason for a new engine was that they hit a content limit with Halo 5.
  • 343i will have an internal tournament on an Infinite build at the start of the year.
  • They are in the process of rebuilding their Pro Team and Competetive Halo will play a role in the future.

That’s actually interesting to hear that the reason it was developed was because of the content limit of halo 5. This clearly means we will have greater content than h5 currently has. Also I hope the forge mode isn’t filled with unfixable framerate issues, this is the biggest issue with h5’s forge mode, because depending on the size,textures etc certain areas would be plagued by those drops and the forge team even stated they couldn’t fix those. 

If they’re having an internal tournament already, maybe that means they didn’t waste time trying to reinvent the series’ base mechanics again.

Meaning it’s either no-abilities or exactly like H5.

8 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s not the biggest deal, but it’s still something to look forward too. I just hope they Finally remove abilities.

you know what, they need to add bots to halo. Call of duty had pros play as the boys to make the difficulty something that was hard but not some ridiculous aimbot bullshit like it is in some earlier call of duty’s. Like have the pro team make the bots and have “pro” as a difficulty. It be nice to have custom games with bots and such. Also Incase you need to warm up your shot that also be great. 

Can agree to this. Said it a long time ago, too. Having a good custom game system where you can run bot-filled games akin to Gears of War, or Call of Duty's bot matches would be beyond godly. Was nice to mod them into forge maps on H5 PC and just shoot random shit while playing. My only issue is them either being too hard or too easy. When you fight AI humans after betraying people in older Halos, it's not a superbly fun experience. But maybe for the sake of the game they could give them projectile weapons akin to War for Cybertron's Escalation AI, and put an emphasis on obj play, too. Gears' AI had a good grasp of objective play. Could emulate that.

Battlefront bots were cool. You didnt get a good sense of how maps actually played though. It's hard (or at least it was back then) to code a robot to act like a human.

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Battlefront bots were cool. You didnt get a good sense of how maps actually played though. It's hard (or at least it was back then) to code a robot to act like a human.

I know for a fact the black ops 4 bots were programmed by pros playing, so the bots knew what they were doing. It definitely would be difficult but I say it’s wothh a shot still to try it. 

At least for Deathmatch we really need bots. Bots could also help alleviate the issue of being a man down after a teammate quit without relying on bullshit band aid solutions like JIP. With how much AI and machine learning has grown in the last few years I really don't see why this can't be done.

20 minutes ago, Basu said:

At least for Deathmatch we really need bots. Bots could also help alleviate the issue of being a man down after a teammate quit without relying on bullshit band aid solutions like JIP. With how much AI and machine learning has grown in the last few years I really don't see why this can't be done.

Honestly that's a great idea, and even Mario Kart 8 does that. When a player leaves or is DCed, a bot takes their place and plays for the rest of the match.

7 hours ago, SweetNSavery said:

Honestly that's a great idea, and even Mario Kart 8 does that. When a player leaves or is DCed, a bot takes their place and plays for the rest of the match.

Uhh I kinda meant for customs only. And that’s Mario kart not a competitive shooter.

19 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Uhh I kinda meant for customs only. And that’s Mario kart not a competitive shooter.

And? Id rather a bot that plays decently than nothing. And it could be restricted to social playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck it. Let's go all out and make N64 Perfect Dark - DarkSims.

I'd actually love to watch a best of a 3 series with some DarkSim bots vs some bronzes lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't matter what they do with Infinite in regards to the campaign or casual multiplayer. If they want Competitive Halo to actually be a thing in the future they need to find an identity and stick to it (Counter Strike is the best example). If 343 had any modicum of intelligence they would 100% let the community drive what "Halo Esports" means as the game progresses. They need to stop thinking of it as a marketing tool and realize that a true competitive game is much more than that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

On 12/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, Gobias said:

If they’re having an internal tournament already, maybe that means they didn’t waste time trying to reinvent the series’ base mechanics again.

Meaning it’s either no-abilities or exactly like H5.

I hope it’s the first one and not the latter.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:29 AM, Fixaimingsorry said:

I know for a fact the black ops 4 bots were programmed by pros playing, so the bots knew what they were doing. It definitely would be difficult but I say it’s wothh a shot still to try it. 

The in-engine bots were extremely helpful at Treyarch when it came to testing my maps between scheduled test sessions, even before the pro input was monitored they had really excellent natural pathfinding so that you just press play and they would work. 

Halo would be more complicated as the nature of how you move in the game isn't as restricted or conventional as a game like COD.

• Upvote (+1) 3