CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Oh how nice, they want us to have a nice Haloday. 343 really knows how to piss me off. Show us the fucking game already.

The most entitled post I've seen here in awhile. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo: Infinite will be a massive success across the board.

Again, its not like they've made anything that suggests that's a reasonable expectation to have of Infinite. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I for one will be playing halo infinite on pc WITH a controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I for one will be playing halo infinite on pc WITH a controller.

And based on the Halo 5 Forge PC release it'll be the best way to play because it'll be the only platform/control combo that doesn't have fucked aiming. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

And based on the Halo 5 Forge PC release it'll be the best way to play because it'll be the only platform/control combo that doesn't have fucked aiming.

I’m sure that won’t be the case. I’m just dog shit on mouse n keyboard. 20+ years experience on a controller, making the the transaction is near impossible for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly.

I'm playing Halo:Infinite on Xbox hardware with the (inferior? lol) controller.

17 years makes good practice.

Can't wait for most everybody else to come to the same conclusion.

I truly don't see what this "Halo Infinite will be great" stuff is based on. I understand being hopeful that the game will be good, but how can you be sure? Hell how can you even say it's likely? 343 has an abysmal track record. Things are looking a little better the past few months, but this has happened before (do I need to point out how they went from removing bloom in Reach to shipping the abomination that was H4 in not even a year.)

This is the company that remade Halo 1 but forgot to remake the MP. The company that managed to ship the worst AAA shooter collection in video game history.

Having anything that exceeds "cautious optimism" regarding Halo Infinite is insane. Y'all are getting tricked by an engine demo and the old art style returning. There is zero evidence that 343 has learned anything from the failures of the last 8 years.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Those are all your opinions, Basu.

I don't share the same ones as you.

I've loved every Halo game and have been pretty good at all of them during their respective timelines.

I'm not garbage, yet I like Halo 4.  Is it the best of the series?  No.  Do I like it so much that I got 130 on TWO different gamertags?  Yes.

I guess I'm just a bigger Halo fan than you in general.  Sorry your taste is trash.

^ Above line is a joke, but do you get how you're being pretty high-and-mighty and the God of Halo Judgement?

Not a hot look IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 18

I've loved every Halo game and have been pretty good at all of them during their respective timelines.

I'm not garbage, yet I like Halo 4.  Is it the best of the series?  No.  Do I like it so much that I got 130 on TWO different gamertags?  Yes.

I guess I'm just a bigger Halo fan than you in general.  Sorry your taste is trash.

^ Above line is a joke, but do you get how you're being pretty high-and-mighty and the God of Halo Judgement?

Not a hot look IMO.

You

Don't

Need

New

Line

For

Every

Sentence

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm not garbage, yet I like Halo 4. Is it the best of the series? No. Do I like it so much that I got 130 on TWO different gamertags? Yes.

I guess I'm just a bigger Halo fan than you in general. Sorry your taste is trash.

Not a hot look IMO.

It’s fine that you love every single game in the series and will continue to buy every game that has Halo in the title.

However, it is undeniable that since Reach, franchise popularity has been plummeting. Every person I know who had an Xbox before 2010 played Halo. I now have one friend who still plays Halo, and that’s only from time to time.

Do I want Infinite to be incredible and put the franchise back at the forefront? Yes. But if it’s just another regergitation of the failed advanced mobility formula, it won’t only be proof 343 has not learned a single thing, it WILL be a failure and the franchise will just dig itself deeper into obscurity. And that is not my opinion. The fact that diehards such as yourself will buy and enjoy it either way does not change that.

I know I’m not alone here in feeling that if this game does not deliver I will be completely done with the franchise as a whole and just accept that it was nothing more than just a fond memory from my early gaming years.

I’m cautiously optimistic. In the meantime I’m just gonna enjoy the hype around classic Halo making a comeback and pray to a higher power that Infinite will be what fans actually want it to be.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be sure to keep it coming to feed your humble ego. 

Pot calling the kettle black.

Pot calling the kettle black.

How does frustration towards 343 over the desire for more information about a well overdue game have anything to do with my ego?  You act as if I am the only one around here that is getting tired of their slow trickle of teases.  You, on the other hand, would like to let everyone to know just how comfortable you are waiting up on your high horse for information on what you think will surely "be a massive success across the board." 

If you think the Halo community doesn't deserve better, than that is pretty sad, because Halo fans have been shafted so hard it's not even funny. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

How does frustration towards 343 over the desire for more information about a well overdue game have anything to do with my ego?  You act as if I am the only one around here that is getting tired of their slow trickle of teases.  You, on the other hand, would like to let everyone to know just how comfortable you are waiting up on your high horse for information on what you think will surely "be a massive success across the board." 

If you think the Halo community doesn't deserve better, than that is pretty sad, because Halo fans have been shafted so hard it's not even funny. 

It's the way you said it. Obviously you aren't the only one.

And you're 0/3 on assumptions you made in that post about me  :)

Sorry if this was posted already. Really cool insights. Lots of CE inspiration.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not garbage, yet I like Halo 4. Is it the best of the series? No. Do I like it so much that I got 130 on TWO different gamertags? Yes.

I guess I'm just a bigger Halo fan than you in general. Sorry your taste is trash.

Not a hot look IMO.

Classic "you're not a real fan if you don't love the franchise unconditionally" aka if you're unwilling to eat shit for 8 years straight.

I can do the same thing buddy: I think you're not a real fan because you have abysmal standards and while the franchise is going up in flames you're just standing there watching, metaphorically speaking. You're selling the franchise short by just nodding and accepting 343s sub-par attempts at making games.

And btw the H4 progression system is the easiest in the franchise and theoretically you can get a 130 in a matter of days. So congrats I guess?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Please inform me how one can "get a 130 in a matter of days."

OT: I finally (just tonight) hit Spartan Rank 150 in Halo 5. Feels good but I'd rather be a 15 and a champion or high-onyx player.

I got 130 on TWO different gamertags

Sick man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah. But you aren't accounting for the amount of pain and suffering you endure playing Halo 4 for a matter of days. Then he went and suffered that torment twice. That's at least a few weeks of promethean vision and Boltshots. Weeks of Saws falling out of the sky. Weeks of light shields.

Don't forget, he accomplished this despite the most rapidly shrinking matchmaking pool in franchise history. Imagine the quality of those matches. file_6571_gxeEokL.png I mean just look at this graph of half of all players losing their fan cards in a single week. Not Drgoodballer though, he stuck it out.

If that's not dedication to the franchise , I don't know what is. I tapped out after like 3 hours. I have no choice but to accept him as the gate Keeper of Halo Fandom. I suggest you all do the same. It's the only way.

This post cracked me up for some reason. Well done. I've seen that graph a few different times and it amuses me and disgusts at the same time. How do you make a game SO bad, so wildly apart from what the fanbase has enjoyed for a decade that you lose 50% of one of the most dedicated and flourishing (at the time) communities/playerbases within a week? 

I think I was similar to you in that I tapped out even faster. That game was raw, unadulterated, ASS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I truly don't see what this "Halo Infinite will be great" stuff is based on. I understand being hopeful that the game will be good, but how can you be sure? Hell how can you even say it's likely? 343 has an abysmal track record. Things are looking a little better the past few months, but this has happened before (do I need to point out how they went from removing bloom in Reach to shipping the abomination that was H4 in not even a year.)

This is the company that remade Halo 1 but forgot to remake the MP. The company that managed to ship the worst AAA shooter collection in video game history.

Having anything that exceeds "cautious optimism" regarding Halo Infinite is insane. Y'all are getting tricked by an engine demo and the old art style returning. There is zero evidence that 343 has learned anything from the failures of the last 8 years.

It was worse than forgetting to remake the MP... They actively decided not to for absolutely bogus reasons ("splitting population") then announce the Master Chief Collection a couple years later proving that the argument was bullshit.

And "real fans" like goodballer are why Halo has been so poor... They just keep buying regardless of quality.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Please inform me how one can "get a 130 in a matter of days."

OT: I finally (just tonight) hit Spartan Rank 150 in Halo 5. Feels good but I'd rather be a 15 and a champion or high-onyx player.

Mountain Dew 2x XP codes. Or at least that's how it was done in 2012.