CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

You guys think we will see anything for Infinite at the game awards Thursday?

I don't really think so. Maybe but its unlikely imo. I think we're either going to hear about it directly from 343 on their website or at something bigger such as E3 or Pax next year

We ought to debate the philosophical underpinnings of stomping brain dead kids in fornite from a relativistic standpoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn dude sick take. I bet you absolutely stomp those brain dead kids every game huh

I just dont play it lol

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just hoping for a good Halo game again.

Can you imagine a 2019 version of H2 or H3 not the same game or even remakes just a game that the fans love and will play for a long time.

With today technology, it could be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

yeah that's a lie.

Go check my game history. I played for 30 seconds and never played again. Game is fisher price poop poop

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Go check my game history. I played for 30 seconds and never played again. Game is fisher price poop poop

only fortnite fans use the word poop twice in one sentence.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know I'd just like to point out something, what with Bethesda 100% taking the shit with fallout 76 and the credit card information leak.

343 is real bad, but they ain't bethesda bad lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know I'd just like to point out something, what with Bethesda 100% taking the shit with fallout 76 and the credit card information leak.

343 is real bad, but they ain't bethesda bad lmao.

H4, MCC, H5 aiming in an FPS? Come on lol. As far as technical skill their resume is miles below bethesda regardless of fallout 76 and I say that knowing all of their games are insanely buggy but typically fun. The only thing they haven't done is leak our cards tbh

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I don't get about Spartan Abilities is how anyone at 343 thought they were a good idea. Halo Reach was caused the split to appear in the community, and Halo 4 was such a massive fucking failure, the fact that they continued to try some of the Halo 4 stuff in the next game is fucking baffling. Who looks at the player chart for Halo 4 and decides its a good idea to continue with the shit from that. It's not even like Halo 4 was a split like Reach where it was pretty 50/50 on people liking it, Halo 4 is pretty universally hated.

• Upvote (+1) 9

H4, MCC, H5 aiming in an FPS? Come on lol. As far as technical skill their resume is miles below bethesda regardless of fallout 76 and I say that knowing all of their games are insanely buggy but typically fun. The only thing they haven't done is leak our cards tbh

Bethesda had been shit since Oblivion what..

To be clear that's an image from a different studio (lead by Marcus Lehto) making a different game, not Halo Infinite.

Which had me so confused at first because I was like "since when does Halo look like Half Life / Fallout?"

Just saying guys, don't expect halo infinite trailers and the such til E3 2019 at the earliest. It's Xbox's biggest game, it won't premiere at anything but a console reveal or e3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just saying guys, don't expect halo infinite trailers and the such til E3 2019 at the earliest. It's Xbox's biggest game, it won't premiere at anything but a console reveal or e3.

Is Halo really still Xbox's biggest game? Forza Horizon seems to be the only damn exclusive that consistently delivers an experience the fans and players want and enjoy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Halo really still Xbox's biggest game? Forza Horizon seems to be the only damn exclusive that consistently delivers an experience the fans and players want and enjoy.

Yes, by far. Halo brings in the most money, even the worst halo game doubles 2nd place. H5 made 400 million at launch. I dont think any other exclusive series matches halo money.

• Downvote (-1) 3

LTD its the #8 selling game on Xbox in the US, and the highest selling MS title this generation. #9 if you combine Destiny1 and Destiny TTK Sku's. Still I don't think anyone at MS is happy about Halo trailing so far behind COD, Battlefield, and Battlefront on its own console. It used to beat the latter 2 even if you included other platforms, and it would beat COD on Xbox.

Forza Horizon moves units, but it's a racing game. The size of the audience is limited by the popularity of that genre.

The combined sales of Forza Horizon titles this gen will probably exceeds the combined sales of Halo 5 and MCC, and with lower dev and marketing costs and faster turn around so the IP might be more valuable in that sense. but Halo sold an ungodly amount of Req Packs, which I bet tips things in Halo's favor.

That number is insanely misleading, and deliberately as well. 

The point still stands, it was enough to help xbox outsell ps4 consoles in October 2015, and considering the giant mismatch between the two, ps4 crushing xbox, except halo month. Halo is still the biggest regardless of the misleading numbers.

It's a compatibility issue. Gimmick Halo and being in the top 25 are 100% incompatible.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What I don't get about Spartan Abilities is how anyone at 343 thought they were a good idea. Halo Reach was caused the split to appear in the community, and Halo 4 was such a massive fucking failure, the fact that they continued to try some of the Halo 4 stuff in the next game is fucking baffling. Who looks at the player chart for Halo 4 and decides its a good idea to continue with the shit from that. It's not even like Halo 4 was a split like Reach where it was pretty 50/50 on people liking it, Halo 4 is pretty universally hated.

They've had so many employees who are completely incompetent and at the same time they were hiring people who hated Halo. It really seemed like they were out to ruin Halo on purpose and milk the "Halo" moniker as much as possible before Microsoft ends the franchise. The MCC updates have been a pleasant surprise, and by far the best thing 343 has done since taking over the franchise. As far as Infinite goes, I will only buy it if it's original formula with no armor/spartan abilities or sprint or whatever game breaking gimmicks they come up with.

• Upvote (+1) 4