CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

The only good way I've ever described just playing Halo 5 compared to other Halos is that its like driving stick in stop and go traffic on the highway with hills that have red lights at the top.

But doesn’t driving manual require more skill than an automatic transmission?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

h4s radar range was 25M same as every halo.

Nope, it was not. The radar in H4 was 40M, allowing you to see anyone pushing mid on Haven. Coming from one of the few people on this forum that actually no-lifed the damn game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Does anyone even think Halo Infinite will be any good?  

"good" is subjective..

i compare all my experiences to my original one as do most others.. so h1 is the standard of excellence.

will it be better than h1, h2 or h3?

no.

will it be better than reach, h4, h2a, mcc and h5?

yes!

• Downvote (-1) 1

will it be better than h2a...

yes!

Gameplay wise, given that it's almost guaranteed that the game will have more movement gimmicks and high aim assist + bullet mag on every weapon, I'd be inclined to disagree. However, if you're referring to the fact 343 couldn't be arsed to make more than seven maps and H2A launched as part of the most broken AAA video game in history then yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they get the goddamn aiming right this time around, maybe. Even though I love to shit on H5 and its mechanics, I would have played it a LOT more (and had fun) if the aiming was like how it was in the beta.

Gameplay wise, given that it's almost guaranteed that the game will have more movement gimmicks and high aim assist + bullet mag on every weapon, I'd be inclined to disagree. However, if you're referring to the fact 343 couldn't be arsed to make more than seven maps and H2A launched as part of the most broken AAA video game in history then yes.

taking glitches and my favorite map out of the halo2 experience on top of adding nademarkers and hitmarkers that will activate WITHOUT doing damage.. IDK.

but i understand your stance - no sprint is bae

• Upvote (+1) 1

But doesn’t driving manual require more skill than an automatic transmission?

:kappa:

Its a kappa but you're not wrong. Movement in H5, on the whole, does take more skill. Not necessarily positioning but just having the thought process and talent to move around the map like the top players is harder in H5. I just don't think it makes a good or fun game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I used to get excited over new Halo games.

Not anymore.

I can imagine this being posted in 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2018 :(

want to be excited but it's just not feasible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it doesn’t honestly, which is why most hate it.

It's pretty much a fact that the movement skill in H5 is the biggest in the series. The sheer mechanical skill is enough to make it so. Some people just don't like all the button presses that's really the big debate. People want more sim0lified movement where it's less demanding mechanically and rewards a little more tactical positioning. Others like the way you can maneuver and the amount of individuality with h5 movement. Of course that's not taking into consideration what each style does to the rest of the game. But that's not the point.

While there is a large skill gap in movement in H5, I think it has more negatives on the game as a whole. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just because you're pressing more buttons to move around the map doesn't mean the skill gap is raised. None of the abilities are mechanically demanding at all.

I think you guys mean the skill floor.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We determined a long fucking time ago that complexity doesnt equal good.

Raising the skill requirement isn't that hard, what's hard is doing it efficiently.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We determined a long fucking time ago that complexity doesnt equal good.

Raising the skill requirement isn't that hard, what's hard is doing it efficiently.

and without raising the floor.  Something that Halo 5 failed at spectacularly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

taking glitches and my favorite map out of the halo2 experience on top of adding nademarkers and hitmarkers that will activate WITHOUT doing damage.. IDK.

but i understand your stance - no sprint is bae

In the end it's always been about giving us the option. Why not let the community police itself? If we want to turn of nade markers, get rid of abilities, etc. let us if that is what we unanimously want. I never understood in the early days of H5 when pros were asked their opinions and then nothing was changed in regards to their input.

Word on the street is that a new halo infinite vid drops this weekend, stay tuned.

Source?

Source?

I doubt it. Infinite would be major news and more info would be given at an event with more public interest and viewership. If it didn't happen at XO18, an event for Xbox fans, then theres no way its going to happen at an event that only 5,000 people are watching. 

"good" is subjective..

i compare all my experiences to my original one as do most others.. so h1 is the standard of excellence.

will it be better than h1, h2 or h3?

no.

will it be better than reach, h4, h2a, mcc and h5?

yes!

where is the certainty from this declaration coming from? Halo Infinite could easily be the worst Halo title for all we know.  lol.  You act as if you have already played the game and made up your mind.  Blind faith is all it is, and with a company with a track record like 343 ....  smh 

• Upvote (+1) 1

where is the certainty from this declaration coming from? Halo Infinite could easily be the worst Halo title for all we know.  lol.  You act as if you have already played the game and made up your mind.  Blind faith is all it is, and with a company with a track record like 343 ....  smh 

Nah, he's just not a pessimistic asshole like the rest of us. 

• Upvote (+1) 1