CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Yea because slaying in obj has no meaning and is not helping the team lmao alright man.

Took way too long for this to get posted. I'd love to get a few stat whores on my team instead of the usually thumbless idiots going 3-21. Unless you're doing shit like intentionally not returning the flag right next to you or giving me shit spawns then be my guest and stat whore.

Took way too long for this to get posted. I'd love to get a few stat whores on my team instead of the usually thumbless idiots going 3-21. Unless you're doing shit like intentionally not returning the flag right next to you or giving me shit spawns then be my guest and stat whore.

most game modes literally only have 1 objective you can go for at once it never makes sense to have all 4 people so the exact same thing. It's funny people always get mad at the guy "statting" because he's not pulling flags. But that same guy is usually blocking a crucial spawn and is sometimes watching flanks/cutoffs. On top of that if you can easily see you're the best slayer in a lobby you should 100% be slaying out. It's up to your teammates to see that they're not the best player in the lobby (hard pill to swallow I know) and be the obj bitch. People are way more effective when you let them full their role properly. That God slayer might decide to pull a flag cuz his team sucks and then get Insta killed. Now your team gets wiped entirely because the one guy giving any form of map presence just got killed. Happens countless times.

Basically, shut the fuck up if someone has a ton of kills but not a ton of obj (even tho you can't actually see all the stats to say this). Unless the dude is hiding in your own base doing nothing someone slaying out is doing a ton for your team in an obj game. Not everyone going insanely positive is a stat sometimes they're just better than you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Basically, shut the fuck up if someone has a ton of kills but not a ton of obj (even tho you can't actually see all the stats to say this). Unless the dude is hiding in your own base doing nothing someone slaying out is doing a ton for your team in an obj game. Not everyone going insanely positive is a stat sometimes they're just better than you.

the very best objective minded players in halo's prime were some of the most individually talented players as well (karma, walshy, legit, naded, censored, soviet, lunchbox, roy)  ... why? because they knew when to slay and how to stay alive efficiently. having that presence on the map is crucial. i can't tell you how many times i'd have tryouts with players who just ran at flags and died over and over. it puts a strain on the team

• Upvote (+1) 3

the very best objective minded players in halo's prime were some of the most individually talented players as well (karma, walshy, legit, naded, censored, soviet, lunchbox, roy) ... why? because they knew when to slay and how to stay alive efficiently. having that presence on the map is crucial. i can't tell you how many times i'd have tryouts with players who just ran at flags and died over and over. it puts a strain on the team

Yup. Having one guy not shoot g his gun dying over and over pit the rest of the team in a constant 3v4. Every team needs slayers and every team needs obj players. But you can't just dive the flag and you can't just slay in your own base. Balance.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yup. Having one guy not shoot g his gun dying over and over pit the rest of the team in a constant 3v4. Every team needs slayers and every team needs obj players. But you can't just dive the flag and you can't just slay in your own base. Balance.

not exactly.

some people are so used to playing pubs and lower tiers that once they face off against teams who are working together it's a totally different game and they don't understand how to react. going up against players who feel shut down after every death compared to players who can come off respawn and immediately get an overkill is a BIG shock. it comes down to your competition or how well your team is slaying. there have been multiple games on LAN where i almost goosed because i didn't see anyone... my team allowed me to just walk the flag 3x and it was a wrap

• Upvote (+1) 2

not exactly.

some people are so used to playing pubs and lower tiers that once they face off against teams who are working together it's a totally different game and they don't understand how to react. going up against players who feel shut down after every death compared to players who can come off respawn and immediately get an overkill is a BIG shock. it comes down to your competition or how well your team is slaying. there have been multiple games on LAN where i almost goosed because i didn't see anyone... my team allowed me to just walk the flag 3x and it was a wrap

Yea I'm saying it more like the one guy that just flies into the enemy base immediately every spawn and getting melted instantly. I've played with a lot of people like that and they usually call everyone a stat for not helping them. I understand that you can't have all 4 people go off and get 50 kills in the same game. There's just not enough people. But it's completely different when you're playing good people and you have one dude going balls to the wall flying at the flag by himself getting torched. You know, the 5-30 guy with no damage or assists but 15 flag pulls that get returned instantly. Shit doesn't work too well against good people.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yea I'm saying it more like the one guy that just flies into the enemy base immediately every spawn and getting melted instantly. I've played with a lot of people like that and they usually call everyone a stat for not helping them. I understand that you can't have all 4 people go off and get 50 kills in the same game. There's just not enough people. But it's completely different when you're playing good people and you have one dude going balls to the wall flying at the flag by himself getting torched. You know, the 5-30 guy with no damage or assists but 15 flag pulls that get returned instantly. Shit doesn't work too well against good people.

Whenever I used to play with you I always played more heavily obj. I let the player who was better at doing the slaying and opening lanes open them for me. Dive bombing flag is my biggest CTF pet peeve from people who think they're trying to win. People sitting on their side of the map with snipe don't think that, there's no way. 

Balance is the key, as usual. 

(Beast lets play some obj games again, I miss you bby)

• Upvote (+1) 2

So based on this intelligent debate around Slayer vs objective, I can safely conclude that halo infinite will have neither mode.

In fact every game mode will be either chess or skee ball.

Whenever I used to play with you I always played more heavily obj. I let the player who was better at doing the slaying and opening lanes open them for me. Dive bombing flag is my biggest CTF pet peeve from people who think they're trying to win. People sitting on their side of the map with snipe don't think that, there's no way.

Balance is the key, as usual.

(Beast lets play some obj games again, I miss you bby)

Exactly. And mannnn I haven't played halo in a fat minute. But I'm always down to run games with people. Especially some good ole custies

Exactly. And mannnn I haven't played halo in a fat minute. But I'm always down to run games with people. Especially some good ole custies

I still have the Magnum settings. If we ever get some open-minded people again (fat chance) willing to play, I could set it up

• Upvote (+1) 1

The new engine for this game better actually be a new one and not a modified H5 because if the aiming in this game feels as bad as H5 does I’m straight up not going to buy it even if the rest of the game is a classic Halo game.

The new engine for this game better actually be a new one and not a modified H5 because if the aiming in this game feels as bad as H5 does I’m straight up not going to buy it even if the rest of the game is a classic Halo game.

You act like this is a brave opinion, but if the aiming doesn't fucking work in a First Person Shooter then people aren't gonna play it.

You act like this is a brave opinion, but if the aiming doesn't fucking work in a First Person Shooter then people aren't gonna play it.

The overall population would take a hit, definitely. And what's worse, idiots would blame it on classic Halo for some reason. "See?! The game feels sluggish and wonky now that I can't sprintthrustslideclamberstabilizechargegroundpound!!"

Me though? I'd get used to it. I can get used to H5 aiming if I just keep playing it. The aiming just makes coming back to the game a shitty experience. What always pushed me away from H5 was how exhausting it felt to just do basic shit. The way the abilities would draw fights out and make you play jungle gym simulator 2015 just to finish a routine kill, and the dude's shields come back stupid fast, and how you have to choose between moving and shooting, and you have to choose between moving and getting your shields back, and 8 second respawns make obj a shitshow...ugh...the game is just stressful in all the wrong ways. If Infinite is classic Halo, I'd muscle past the shitty aiming if it meant I could play correct Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The overall population would take a hit, definitely. And what's worse, idiots would blame it on classic Halo for some reason. "See?! The game feels sluggish and wonky now that I can't sprintthrustslideclamberstabilizechargegroundpound!!"

Me though? I'd get used to it. I can get used to H5 aiming if I just keep playing it. The aiming just makes coming back to the game a shitty experience. What always pushed me away from H5 was how exhausting it felt to just do basic shit. The way the abilities would draw fights out and make you play jungle gym simulator 2015 just to finish a routine kill, and the dude's shields come back stupid fast, and how you have to choose between moving and shooting, and you have to choose between moving and getting your shields back, and 8 second respawns make obj a shitshow...ugh...the game is just stressful in all the wrong ways. If Infinite is classic Halo, I'd muscle past the shitty aiming if it meant I could play correct Halo again.

But of course there is no excuse for the aiming being shitty. just copy/paste H2A or H4 aiming, add some more granular options for deadzone, sensitivity and acceleration and be done.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bolded. I couldn't agree with this particular quote more. I fully support this.

FFA, especially ranked, is only good at 6 players, always has and always will be. 8 players is equivalent to Octagon warmup nonsense IMO and therefore will always be trash. My mind will never be changed on that.

I'm still waiting to enjoy Halo FFA in matchmaking again after the amazing 6-player Regicide playlist in H4 got canned in favor of the terrible 8-player Rumble Pit. MCC's 10 player FFA was obnoxiously awful, plus it still hasn't ever had all of the games in FFA yet.

At least Destiny's 6-player FFA tides me over. Too bad D2 isn't cheap enough yet for me to actually purchase it, even after Bungie actually (gasp) buffed the killtimes and lethality of individual players.

Wrong. 6 Player Rumble Pit is an Isolated Trivialized Vacancy of Dog Shit. Where a Player Can Romp and Wander, and Locate someone Once Every Decade. I've never felt a more Purposeless Mode.

8 Player Rumble Pit is Catered toward a Rhythmatic High octane engagement pace.

Rumble Pit is supposed to be RUMBLE. PIT. A True Man's gladiator Ring.

Not your Fucking Sterile Random Encounter Wandering Simulator

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Wrong. 6 Player Rumble Pit is an Isolated Trivialized Vacancy of Dog Shit. Where a Player Can Romp and Wander, and Locate someone Once Every Decade. I've never felt a more Purposeless Mode.

This post makes me embarrassed to share a preference with you.

In another thread, I just poked fun about fixtheaiming343 filling the void that Supermelee left, but I forgot that you still post from time to time.

Also, here.  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+do+you+capitalize+a+word%3F  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Nah, sounds and plays like Octagon, which isn't fit for matchmaking either. FFA isn't just a place to warm-up your shots for team games.

When there are almost never any 1v1 utility duels and an over-emphasis on cleaning up 1-shot players after luckily spawning behind them fighting, it feels like the ability to win is dependent purely on RNG (even if it technically isn't).

RNG isn't fun in Halo, I thought that we established this.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I prefer 8 because I loved learning to manage the chaos. It’s also a lot harder to play a cheesy play style like sitting S2 with sword/snipe/regen and get away with it. I appreciate that 6 is more cerebral, but I prefer the action. Learning to corral the chaos in H4 Rumble Pro was a total joy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So quick question, does 343 ever look at these forums? Like does anything that’s productive actually get noticed?

Not really. They come here a few months before a new game is released and act all "hey guys, we really listened this time around ^_^" just to disappear again for 3 years. Some of them have posted in the HCS thread, but those are people involved in eSports events, not actual developers. I don't know who it was (Strongside?) but one of them claimed over and over again to have forgotten his password for multiple years, it was hysterical.

Also, fully agree with Hardway on 8 man FFA. I've never liked the setup style FFA that 6 man offers and I always thought FFA should be all about your shot, strafe, nades and choosing battles wisely and not about getting to a power position and holding it, that's what 4v4 is for. I get chaos can be an issue especially with H5s jungle gym abilities that have people just flying around the map all game, but nothing screams boring as shit as playing 6 man FFA when people start camping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I prefer 8 because I loved learning to manage the chaos. It’s also a lot harder to play a cheesy play style like sitting S2 with sword/snipe/regen and get away with it. I appreciate that 6 is more cerebral, but I prefer the action. Learning to corral the chaos in H4 Rumble Pro was a total joy.

See, I like how you actually explain your preference. Frankly though, I've been recently thinking that optimal player count is very map dependent(technically should be obvious, I know).

I can't imagine really enjoying more than 4 on Wizard/Warlock. 8 is probably fine on larger maps.

Anyway, I always felt that in order to succeed in H4 8-FFA, you would have to not move from spawn (like the ramps on Haven). Otherwise, the very next player to die would likely spawn behind you in the same place as soon as you push halfway across the bridge. Which always feels garbage, IMO. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy that kind of nonsense. Granted, instant respawn probably made that worse than it seemed. I'll agree from previous chats that Rumble Pro with 5 sec respawn and no loadouts was at least playable in that scenario.

However, I wasn't crazy about similar situations in 8-FFA on Midship in H2 when I got to try it in MCC after missing out from the online experience. So IDK. I'll admit that somehow managing to survive 8-FFA can be satisfying but damn. No time to think. Just pure reflexes (which I can imagine some would argue is the point).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

See, I like how you actually explain your preference. Frankly though, I've been recently thinking that optimal player count is very map dependent(technically should be obvious, I know).

I can't imagine really enjoying more than 4 on Wizard/Warlock. 8 is probably fine on larger maps.

Anyway, I always felt that in order to succeed in H4 8-FFA, you would have to not move from spawn (like the ramps on Haven). Otherwise, the very next player to die would likely spawn behind you in the same place as soon as you push halfway across the bridge. Which always feels garbage, IMO. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy that kind of nonsense. Granted, instant respawn probably made that worse than it seemed. I'll agree from previous chats that Rumble Pro with 5 sec respawn and no loadouts was at least playable in that scenario.

However, I wasn't crazy about similar situations in 8-FFA on Midship in H2 when I got to try it in MCC after missing out from the online experience. So IDK. I'll admit that somehow managing to survive 8-FFA can be satisfying but damn. No time to think. Just pure reflexes (which I can imagine some would argue is the point).

You do develop a 6th sense for spawns in a crowded FFA. On Haven, if I spawn ramp and don't see anyone top mid or down my street as I'm pushing down, my senses are tingling to check my ramp. It's not like team games. No part of the map really matters, so it's not terribly important to push across the map. You just go where the action is, or where you think it is. The enormous radar range in H4 also helped a lot with that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are ITVODS "Isolated Trivialized Vacancy of Dog Shit" and FSREWS "Fucking Sterile Random Encounter Wandering Simulator" common idioms where you're from?

• Upvote (+1) 5

The only good way I've ever described just playing Halo 5 compared to other Halos is that its like driving stick in stop and go traffic on the highway with hills that have red lights at the top.

• Upvote (+1) 1