CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

what I’d do is remove sprint and abilities. After that idc what happens halo is saved after that.

ehhhhhhhh just removing sprint and abilities won't get it done.  That could have been the solution for Halo 4, but we're too far down the hill for that to be the only thing they would need to do.  Its a good start but they really need to have the most complete, robust Halo game to date. Good re-playable campaign,  Every necessary gametype, support for higher player counts, cut down and non-redundant sandbox, better forge that includes a full-blown map editor on PC, custom browser, mixtape social, limited ranked playlist set, local LAN, split screen, file share, proper progression system, cosmetics tied to achievement and playtime, in-game browser for competitive and community events, updates that don't require 12 gigs just for a single new BR variant, on and on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree that gametype is too much control. But I also never ever want to play SWAT or Action Sack accidentally. And unlike most people, I view TS and every core obj mode as both equal and inseparable.

Basically I have no respect for people that want to cut out obj and just play slayer, and still call themselves a Halo player.

Maybe the boxes would be better as playlists, idk.

• Upvote (+1) 3

ever heard the phrase “I just want to kill shit”? It means I don’t want to think about the flag or hill or bs like that. I just want to kill my opponent.

Which is funny because obj modes, ESPECIALLY CTF, are far and away the best mode to just shoot shit. You literally don't have to play the objective at all you can just shoot shit. And the spawns are waaaay better and more consistent (static spawns in ctf>>>). On top of that you're basically at an advantage against anyone playing the obj. It's so easy to stat and not play obj lmao. And finally, the mode itself actually promtes movement and has way more engagements per minute. You can shoot soooooo much more in a game of ctf than slayer and you don't even need to worry about spawns behind you. Slayer plays slow as shit and the overall encounters as well as damage are sooooo low. And every death matters so you're constantly having to put so much energy into checking every corner or even hiding yourself.

Basically if you wanna shoot as much shit as possible play ctf. It's the best. By far.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Killing is just as important in obj as it is in Slayer. You literally cannot win CTF/Bomb/Hill if the other team keeps sending you back to spawn the entire game.

Both Slayer and OBJ have a place, but OBJ is better in just about every way. The problem in Pubs is that everyone on one team wants to be the "Slayer". So no one does shit and when they do, it's usually a half-assed push that is bound to fail.

PSA: If you're doing the worst on your team, be the OBJ Bitch, no one will judge you if you help win the game.

you’re kind of a dick for that last comment no offense. People love slayer/Team death match. It’s the most popular mode in ANY game that has it. Why should those players be forced to play objective? Just make a damn social slayer playlist. It’s usually only competitive players like myself and you that like obj anyway. Name me some casuals that actually like obj? Because the only casuals who like obj are btb kids and even then they still don’t like it nearly as much as slayer. Every team objective playlist that has ever come out for halo has and was a complete failure. And yes the one that came out in h3 was a failure of a plAylist. Also how the fuck would you pick swat or action sack on accident? This is why the mix tape mm needs to be game only. It’s less complicated. Have playlist 1-10 all games.

Social slayer

BTB

Team hardcore/team arena(whatever) (ranked)

Team doubles(ranked)

FFA (6 man)(ranked)

Swat

Infection

Action sack

Snipers. Done these with mix tape mm implemented where it’s game related only be PERFECT

I know it’s a dick thing to say. I don’t care. That’s how I feel. And I know most people don’t share my opinion. But I think if you can’t be bothered to learn how to play obj games, then you are less of a Halo player, and I don’t respect you.

I said “accidentally” because I was referring to the current state of Match Composer. If you removed gametype selection from the current Match Composer, you would absolutely get Action Sack/Grifball/Snipers. That’s why I like at it let’s you filter. But in my mind, TS, CTF, King, Ball and Assault are all core gametypes and should be treated as such. They should all be grouped under “Core Gametypes”, and players should be expected to develop mastery of all of them. I’ve always felt that giving people a Slayer only playlist is coddling the mentally weakest among us, and is a disservice to the obj gametypes. And yes, I know most people will disagree. I don’t give a shit. Learn the game.

Also: visit Waypoint or reddit sometime. It’s a ridiculous assertion to claim that only competitive players enjoy obj. Some casuals actually understand that they are more useful in obj than TS.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know it’s a dick thing to say. I don’t care. That’s how I feel. And I know most people don’t share my opinion. But I think if you can’t be bothered to learn how to play obj games, then you are less of a Halo player, and I don’t respect you.

I said “accidentally” because I was referring to the current state of Match Composer. If you removed gametype selection from the current Match Composer, you would absolutely get Action Sack/Grifball/Snipers. That’s why I like at it let’s you filter. But in my mind, TS, CTF, King, Ball and Assault are all core gametypes and should be treated as such. They should all be grouped under “Core Gametypes”, and players should be expected to develop mastery of all of them. I’ve always felt that giving people a Slayer only playlist is coddling the mentally weakest among us, and is a disservice to the obj gametypes. And yes, I know most people will disagree. I don’t give a shit. Learn the game.

Also: visit Waypoint or reddit sometime. It’s a ridiculous assertion to claim that only competitive players enjoy obj. Some casuals actually understand that they are more useful in obj than TS.

Its coddling primarily to the people that show up once or twice a week and play a couple games here or there.  They don't want to think. And thats really ok, but you don't have to think in objective gametypes either if you don't want to. They have just been taught repeatedly "hey if you don't know what you want to do play Slayer".  I am not sympathetic either.

I'm still OK with a match composer including gametypes though.  One of the problem with objective-only playlists and their historically low population is because of the whole suite of gametypes that are included. Some people only want to play CTF but there is no option. Or only oddball and bomb, etc etc.  A lot of people will avoid those playlists because they don't want to play half the stuff, but its not the same half of the stuff for each person.  I think if all social gametypes were run through a match composer it would be fine, but they can't try to do both.

• Upvote (+1) 3

and that’s called being a stat whore.

And the same shit exists in slayer lmao. That's not relevant to that point at all though. The point is that shooting shit is much easier and much faster paced when playing a mode like ctf. Slayer is a slower paced game overall and more people stat whore in slayer just as much. On my difference is games ar÷ shorter and there are less engagements.

You know what they should give the mixtape including gametype choice a shot. Maybe it will be better than expected, maybe objective will die for good. They can always go back to actual playlists + mixtape later.

. Not really. Being a stat whore in slayer actually has a significant meaning. The game will end at 50 kills. I can get 50 kills in obj and the game won’t be over. No one cares when someone goes 30 kills+ in slayer bedside he’s doing the one job needed, to kill. The problem with obj stat whoring is the fact everyone wants to do it so this leads to obj games lasting forever sometimes. I

Look let’s leave it at that. Slayer is a game type everyone loves, and you’re not less of a halo player for liking it. I personally enjoy ctf the most regarding halo, and hate oddball(always have). People honestly shouldn’t have to learn shit(even though I wish they would) , they’re playing a shooter to kill shit in.

Actually, the best thing as a team you can do is not die. 

I'd rather have 12-6 on my team than 21-19 in a slayer. 

. Not really. Being a stat whore in slayer actually has a significant meaning. The game will end at 50 kills. I can get 50 kills in obj and the game won’t be over. No one cares when someone goes 30 kills+ in slayer bedside he’s doing the one job needed, to kill. The problem with obj stat whoring is the fact everyone wants to do it so this leads to obj games lasting forever sometimes. I

Look let’s leave it at that. Slayer is a game type everyone loves, and you’re not less of a halo player for liking it. I personally enjoy ctf the most regarding halo, and hate oddball(always have). People honestly shouldn’t have to learn shit(even though I wish they would) , they’re playing a shooter to kill shit in.

Both modes have the same time limit lol. Just so happens you can get 50 kills in obj a lot quicker than slayer. And te argument was never about which mode is better or more popular. It was about just shooting shit. Mentioning match length actually weakens your point even more. Why would you want quicker games if you just wanna shoot shit? That means spending more time between games and in the lobby rather than shooting and playing the game.

Actually, the best thing as a team you can do is not die. 

I'd rather have 12-6 on my team than 21-19 in a slayer. 

This actually depends on the map. In Lockout or Beaver Creek, yes. On Midship or Warlock, hell no. Some maps you need map presence more than others or you're gonna get run over.

• Upvote (+1) 2

obj definitely is going to die, also im confident this is going to be a disaster.

See the thing is we don't know if the average player wants to ONLY play Slayer, wants to play Slayer but Objective is also okay (the popularity of Team Arena in H5 would indicate that), if they like only certain objective modes or if they like all of them. It could be an interesting experiment and give us some data about these topics. Besides, MCC is already fucked beyond all hope ten times over so might as well use it as a testing ground for Infinite.

Just make a core playlist that doesn't go overboard with modes. Slayer, CTF, Ball, and KotH w/ BR + AR or SMG and keep Radar on. Subsidized enough for casuals while still satisfying players who want a good semi-sweat mix-up. The weighting would have to be discussed, I'm sure people would want that to vary. Keep the maps to a small and medium size to maximize action within a reasonable overall time limit. That would be my ideal "Team Arena" playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think ranked matchmaking in Infinite shouldn't cater to casuals in any way. Give them BTB and social 4v4 then call it a day. Introduce wonky shit like Fiesta and Zombies as a rotational. Everything else should cater to us, no compromises.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ideally, I just want social mixtape that has as many options as possible, plus a custom games browser. The only ranked playlists being 4v4 Team Arena, Team Doubles, and 6 player Lone Wolves. I kind of wanna see 6v6 ranked Squad Battle come back, that shit was fun as hell in H3, but I don’t count on seeing anything like that coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This actually depends on the map. In Lockout or Beaver Creek, yes. On Midship or Warlock, hell no. Some maps you need map presence more than others or you're gonna get run over.

If everyone goes 12-6 that's a good stat line on Midship or Warlock. That also has no assists. 

Ideally, I just want social mixtape that has as many options as possible, plus a custom games browser. The only ranked playlists being 4v4 Team Arena, Team Doubles, and 6 player Lone Wolves. I kind of wanna see 6v6 ranked Squad Battle come back, that shit was fun as hell in H3, but I don’t count on seeing anything like that coming back.

Bolded. I couldn't agree with this particular quote more. I fully support this.

FFA, especially ranked, is only good at 6 players, always has and always will be. 8 players is equivalent to Octagon warmup nonsense IMO and therefore will always be trash. My mind will never be changed on that.

I'm still waiting to enjoy Halo FFA in matchmaking again after the amazing 6-player Regicide playlist in H4 got canned in favor of the terrible 8-player Rumble Pit. MCC's 10 player FFA was obnoxiously awful, plus it still hasn't ever had all of the games in FFA yet.

At least Destiny's 6-player FFA tides me over. Too bad D2 isn't cheap enough yet for me to actually purchase it, even after Bungie actually (gasp) buffed the killtimes and lethality of individual players.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If everyone goes 12-6 that's a good stat line on Midship or Warlock. That also has no assists.

You need people to deal a certain amount of damage and pull a certain amount of attention on maps like that in order to hold the map. I’m fine with some extra aggression on those maps because damage output is the only thing saving you from getting collapsed on. Take a map like Lockout or Creek, more setup-heavy maps, and that aggression becomes recklessness. Those maps need more discipline and coordination. But arena maps? I’ll take that aggressive bulldozer player any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Axtually it doesn’t weaken my argument and here’s why.

If you continued to stat whore in obj the game would refuse to end. Let’s say your whole team decides to Stat, now the game lasted 12 “pointless” minutes when it easily could of been ended within 2 at best. In slayer your game will end because you did the actual objective, to kill. You’re also getting the “I just want to shoot shit” wrong. It means I just want to kill, it means I don’t want to have to think about a flag, a hill, or ball. I want my kills to have meaning.

Now back to my point. The game ends appropriately no matter what. Sure it requires less of a thought process but that doesn’t mean slayer is bad.

How is it pointless you're literally playing the game lmao. And I'm glad "I just wanna shoot shit" somehow doesn't mean exactly that. You can't just define shit some arbitrary way to suit your new point. You either just wanna shoot your gun or you don't. The time limit and objectives are literally nor stopping you at all. They're just letting you do it longer and at a quicker pace. You don't have to do ANYTHING involving objectives and you can still shoot shit more efficiently.

All I know is that if halo infinite doesn't have ctf on sandtrap with flag capture points on the elephants I will NOT be purchasing it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

uhhh shoot shit is a figure of speech. It doesn’t have to be literal are you dumb? It means how I stated. I just want to kill, and in terms of slayer I want it to hold meaning. You’re correct I don’t have to play the objective, but now I’m a stat whore who isn’t aiding the team to complete said obj.

Yea because slaying in obj has no meaning and is not helping the team lmao alright man.

Also you do know there is more to slayer than just going for kills right? You could be a bigger detriment in slayer going too hard for kills than you would "stat whoring" in obj. You still have yo do shit like block spawns and force map presence. Like you aren't magically gonna be ok just shooting at people and not having even the slightest clue how the game fundamentals work. But nah only obj is too much when you only wanna kill lmao.