CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

And they haven't even gotten around to writing music, they ripped the song in the trailer from Halo 3's reveal.

That is NOT ripped from Halo 3's reveal. It's very similar, and probably either edited or hilariously well emulated, but not the same piece in the least. It's the "The Trials" of the Halo 3 theme.

Yeah count me out, they're still using Sparth's art style LOOOOOOL. Wake me up when there is gameplay

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

For the people that wants a good classic Halo arena shooter and a decent campaign this is bad news. Infinite will be a bloated game that will try to please everyone with BR, open worlds and shit. I cant think of no other reason this game is so late.

I don't really agree. The linear campaigns of Halo have long since run their course. Since Halo and The Silent Cartographer in CE, this series has literally been begging for more expansive levels, and each and every sequel has dropped the ball.

Even if you subjectively disagree with that and just want the standard linear campaign, this trailer is clearly meant to tease the single player, so I have no idea why you think you can make any conclusions at all about the multiplayer experience.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's definitely a shooter. Chris Lee (the guy who wrote the article) is the head of FPS at 343.

Anyway, the art style gave me serious H2A campaign vibes and that's really exciting to me. The massive shift in character and hardware design with H4 has always really irked me, not even in an "I think this is bad and dislike it" kind of way, but simply a "this is so different with no legitimate explanation given that it repeatedly takes me out of the story etc".

I think that overhauling the engine is also long overdue. Halo has scraped by with a patchwork engine forever and I think that it really began to show its age with Halo 5's update frequency not being what anyone really wanted.

Finally, I'm very happy that they'll do a flighting program for this rather than just a single public beta. It seems to be working well for the MCC so far and would go some way towards correcting the worst issues well before they get a chance to affect a release candidate.

Overall I wish more info has been given, but I'm fairly optimistic so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what are all your bets on how many legacy gametypes/features will be available at launch considering it's a new engine just like Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is NOT ripped from Halo 3's reveal. It's very similar, and probably either edited or hilariously well emulated, but not the same piece in the least. It's the "The Trials" of the Halo 3 theme.

That doesn't hurt my point lol. Anyways, H4 had forgettable music and I've never played H5 so I can only hope that they are going to respect the classic soundtracks.

I don't really agree. The linear campaigns of Halo have long since run their course. Since Halo and The Silent Cartographer in CE, this series has literally been begging for more expansive levels, and each and every sequel has dropped the ball.

I mean, look at ODST. An "open world" with great explorative elements to it. Something like that was non-linear and great, and I'd LOVE an expansion on it.

So what are all your bets on how many legacy gametypes/features will be available at launch considering it's a new engine just like Halo 5

Halo 5 wasn't a new engine, necessarily. Heavily modified, but there are very clear Reach/4 elements lingering behind with this engine. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Classic setting, classic chief, classic... Gameplay?

pleeaaaassseeee

I like the new style, but there's not really much to comment on until gameplay is revealed.

I mean, look at ODST. An "open world" with great explorative elements to it. Something like that was non-linear and great, and I'd LOVE an expansion on it.

Halo 5 wasn't a new engine, necessarily. Heavily modified, but there are very clear Reach/4 elements lingering behind with this engine.

Exectly. Which were themselves edits of earlier halo engines. Halo 5s engine is legacy AF.

I know, it was a joke, I just remember that being thrown around as an excuse for why things weren't there. That and 60 fps. But now that it's an actually new engine I just can't help but think about all the... DLC to look forward to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Expansive levels with actual structure to them are good.  I.e. The Silent Cartographer, Two Betrayals, The Ark

Open world is generally a gimmick and I hope the game isn't heading that direction.  You just end up with tons of poorly designed blank space with nothing to actually do in except spend time crossing, and poor mission structure.

Personally though I feel like any good campaign should have variety.  Giant vehicle levels, enclosed indoor levels, flood missions, deathrun missions, so on.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know, it was a joke, I just remember that being thrown around as an excuse for why things weren't there. That and 60 fps. But now that it's an actually new engine I just can't help but think about all the... DLC to look forward to.

Duuuude, I'll LOVE the free multiplayer DLC for Slayer as a gamemode. Halo is BACK, baby.

I guess I’m the only one hopeful for Infinite then

I openly shit bricks when the helmet reveal occurred, so, I'm very hopeful. Hard to not be. Negativity's exhausting, lel. But this looks like a really good turn for the franchise that I did NOT expect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm willing to bet money on that only being a tech demo of the engine and has zero relevance on the actual game play or look of Halo 6, and that was purely a tech demo and nothing else if only to jerk on your nostalgia heart strings, if the marketing for Halo 5 has proven anything it's that the trailers for the game have zero relevance on the story of the game.  

I mean in the article they specifically point to the art style as what they're pushing towards. So that bit is something safe to be happy about. It also says taking the franchise in new and unexpected directions so at best there will be crazy new modes and at worst we should kill our dreams of classic gameplay right now if they're not already dead

• Upvote (+1) 3

So far for me Installation 01 is beating this new Halo game. 

P.S. my PC has been out of commission for a awhile but I really want to be posting here again lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean in the article they specifically point to the art style as what they're pushing towards. So that bit is something safe to be happy about. It also says taking the franchise in new and unexpected directions so at best there will be crazy new modes and at worst we should kill our dreams of classic gameplay right now if they're not already dead

I doubt it. 

P.S. my PC has been out of commission for a awhile but I really want to be posting here again lol.

We know nothing.. so saying that looks pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We know nothing.. so saying that looks pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

GOLD OL BEYOND!

Why I love this place. lulz

I mean, with the amount of stuff we’ve seen from Infinite I would sure hope so.

I thought this was funny

Here's my thing, the only time I get excited for a non-gameplay trailer is when I don't know a game is coming. I knew a new Halo was being worked on, so I have no reason to get excited. Maybe there was something for lore fans, but nothing I recognized. We don't even have a release window, or plan of release for information.

Pretty much I'm no further ahead after E3, they could have announced nothing and I would have almost the exact same amount of information.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Pretty much I'm no further ahead after E3, they could have announced nothing and I would have almost the exact same amount of information.

I'd rather have a trailer with a glimpse into the future, ala 2013, over nothing at all. I'd have rather not had last year again, lmao.