CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Two options already exist for you here:

Action Sack, and H4 launch Infinity Slayer.

;)

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE. HALO INFINITE INFINITY SLAYER ON THE INFINITY. YES PLEASE.

Go to your room and think about what you’ve done.

How much would the development of a new game engine delay other aspects of development?

And could serious progress be made on the campaign and multiplayer when the engine is in the equivalent of a beta?

I'm wondering just how far away are we from Infinite's launch.

Mandatory: Slayer, CTF, Ball, Bomb, KOTH, Strongholds

Should really be there if they care: 1 Flag, 1 Bomb, Extraction

Nice to have: VIP, Stockpile, Juggernaut, Regicide, Ricochet

Or have most if not all game types day 1. More content, more replay value.

Or have most if not all game types day 1. More content, more replay value.

Agreed but some gametypes are clearly more important than others. If there's no ricochet or VIP I won't break a sweat but if they cut Ball Bomb and KOTH again there will be issues.

Slayer, CTF, Infection - Absolutely essential, always.  The most definitive modes of the franchise, for better or worse.

KoTH, Oddball, Assault, Race - Significantly more niche but still solid and well known modes that should be present.  Especially Oddball which is in very few other games and largely unique to Halo.

Territories, Warzone, Strongholds, Extraction, Invasion, Ricochet, Juggernaut, Headhunter, etc - Not necessary.  Some of them are mediocre, others are high quality modes but are so extremely niche anyways that to argue they are "quintessential" would be inaccurate.  Others are just kind of redundant.   Not that I don't miss many of them.

I'm kind of surprised here with how few gametypes people are considering as required.... With how incomplete Halo 5 was, i'm not giving 343 any passes for Infinite being incomplete.

It MUST have Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, Oddball, KotH, Assault, Infection, Extraction and at least a couple of the more niche or odd gametypes like ricochet, VIP, Juggernaut etc.  They should include a couple of the community made gametypes as default options as well like Roaming Hill and Extermination.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ricochet is so underrated. People shit on it because it was never set up correctly, with its huge goals and 5 second respawns...

Put that shit on 10 second respawns, shape the goals like a disc instead of a cube, and put the goal on a pedestal to prevent roll-in goals, and you've got yourself an excellent gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ricochet is so underrated. People shit on it because it was never set up correctly, with its huge goals and 5 second respawns...

Put that shit on 10 second respawns, shape the goals like a disc instead of a cube, and put the goal on a pedestal to prevent roll-in goals, and you've got yourself an excellent gametype.

I only played it a handful of times.  Are those modifications available in custom settings or nah?

It might be the only gametype where it’s arguably MORE fun when everyone runs jet pack.

Hmmmm... don't forget Rock 'N Rail.

Cue the discussion for on-map limited-use and rebalanced Equipment/AAs again...

;)

Aka how DOOM does it. DOOM is literally a better Halo than modern Halo lmao.

Aka how DOOM does it. DOOM is literally a better Halo than modern Halo lmao.

Infernal Run is really fun, but the scoring system is fucked. Thrown goals should be worth less than half of a carried goal. But otherwise the gametype is great.

Wasn't there just a page and a half about game modes that should be in the game and why?

I think he means the only news we have on the game is microtransactions. It would be like an announcement that the game was going to be $60.

I would kill for something to talk about. I'm hoping this X018 conference has something for us.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-announces-big-x018-xbox-event-this-novem/1100-6462037/

Imagine discussing anything other than campaign and base gameplay mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what’s really upsetting me? The fact that all I hear people talk about is infinite having micro transactions, and no ones talking about the gameplay,content at launch, forge, nothing of the sort!

probably because we know fuck all about that stuff. We do know that MTs are in the game though so surprised surprise we talked about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

They don't come here anymore because we're good at calling them out on their bullshit. Be it crybaby attitudes to isolated posts or straight up lies about how they've engaged with the community.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To be honest I'm still mad about that whole apparently only 11% of people preferred no sprint survey.

• Upvote (+1) 8

To be perfectly honest, I don’t respect the AR starts opinion, at all. I have a hard time not shitting on people that support that crap with a straight face. Take the pacifier out of your mouth and learn the fucking game already. It’s long overdue that 343 cut the umbilical cord with that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To be perfectly honest, I don’t respect the AR starts opinion, at all. I have a hard time not shitting on people that support that crap with a straight face. Take the pacifier out of your mouth and learn the fucking game already. It’s long overdue that 343 cut the umbilical cord with that shit.

Even if the was an "audience" for that shit, there is absolutely no reason why the AR start crowd should get catered to more than Team Snipers, SWAT, Grifball and the like. Bungie really fucked us over by setting the precedent that 50% of the gametypes should cater to people who prefer objectively worse gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Auto starts is only good for the most casual mode. It's objectively shit in every other type of playlist