CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

P2P though isn’t that great either though. We just neee better servers

P2P is fine.  The only issues are 1) host advantage and 2) cheating.  In any closed ecosystem like a console there is no excuse for rampant cheating even with p2p connections.  

For many people playing against someone with host advantage is a lot better than playing on a server super far away.  It is what it is.  You can't reasonably expect Microsoft to have so many datacenters that everybody can connect to one with 50 ping or less that has a good population of players on it.

Dedis are of course better if everybody has a good connection to them, but Good P2P Connection > Crappy Dedi Connection any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dedicated servers SHOULD be better than P2P.  Honestly no idea what 343i is messing up.

The most palpable improvement so far is briefer and less common lag spikes, and that matches queue incredibly fast, but the actual quality of the match doesn't seem to be moving forward outside that.

In fact, with dedis you will just get stomped for entire matches if you ping too far from home, (made worse with no server browser to effectively counteract this) but P2P will at least migrate hosts so you can make a comeback. It's seriously muddy stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some new concept art that was tweeted by Greenskull. The base is giving me Warzone vibes.

DmK47jKX4AY2UrB.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some new concept art that was tweeted by Greenskull. The base is giving me Warzone vibes.

DmK47jKX4AY2UrB.jpg

The terrain is EXTREMELY open, wonder if that will translate to the final game. Competitive multiplayer aside, I do love wandering around halo rings in super armor.

DmK47jKX4AY2UrB.jpg

Does it say infinite anywhere? I wouldn't be surprised if 343 simply gave out some random (unused) H5 concept art, this building looks way too much like the H5 WZ base?!

Does it say infinite anywhere? I wouldn't be surprised if 343 simply gave out some random (unused) H5 concept art, this building looks way too much like the H5 WZ base?!

I honestly doubt that. Honestly we need more info than concept art, halo infinite needs to show some gameplay or something soon, because if these bastards think people want to play halo 5 or mcc for the next year or two(if the engine is all they’ve got atm this mostly means halo infinite is a 2020 release date which is dumb AF) then they got another thing coming.

I know they’re going to do an insider beta for the game, but then that ponders the question of when?! 343 is playing it “too” safe with this game. Who knows maybe they’re removing abilities, I bet my ass the kids who say they wouldn’t play it without advanced mobility would still play it(waypoint kids say stupid shit like this) halo online and mcc is evidence people want a more classic experience with halo. There’s perfect ways to do just that as well. 120% based movement speed needs to be the default. Map sizes need to be similar to h1-3. As for btb and warzone they can easily make that work by having plenty vehicle and infantry friendly routes(water works from halo 2 would be a good example of this)

• Upvote (+1) 1

DmK47jKX4AY2UrB.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be impossible to navigate all that open space without sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's only mentioned in his tweet below. While 343 has had their issues with the community, I don't really think they would sink that low and do something like that.

Has any concept art ever ended up being an actual campaign or mp map? It's always stuff like skyboxes from what I remember.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like it's gonna be impossible to navigate all that open space without sprint. 

That mountain also looks daunting, would take far too long to sprint up it. They better implement a super thrust jump to fly over the mountain. #lore  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's only mentioned in his tweet below. While 343 has had their issues with the community, I don't really think they would sink that low and do something like that.

OK, thanks, if they actually told them it would be H:I it probably is H:I

Watching BO4 get so many viewers with their BR mode makes me wonder if not incorporating BR into Infinite is a mistake.

You have to consider that since Infinite will be on PC, a BR mode probably guarantees that Ninja will play it, with other big streamers to follow. Those streamers will bring a lot of positive attention to the game, which might just be what's needed to seriously bring Halo back to life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching BO4 get so many viewers with their BR mode makes me wonder if not incorporating BR into Infinite is a mistake.

You have to consider that since Infinite will be on PC, a BR mode probably guarantees that Ninja will play it, with other big streamers to follow. Those streamers will bring a lot of positive attention to the game, which might just be what's needed to seriously bring Halo back to life.

Assuming the BR fad doesn't die in the years it will take for H:I to come out. Either that or the BR genre will become even more saturated in the meantime. If Halo BR came out this fall it might have cashed in on the hype, but even then it would turn Halo even more into a follower instead of an innovator and that's the last thing we need right now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the views are partly because it's just a new game that people are checking out. I'd rather see how it does in the long term.

Are you at all familiar with the events surrounding Halo's rise and fall from dominance in the video game world?

• Upvote (+1) 6

DmK47jKX4AY2UrB.jpg

What a pointless image. Maybe it's a result of the context of H4 & 5's character and personality, but the grass looks like grass, the trees look like trees, the landscape looks like landscapes and the bases look like every other "military realism" FPS/movie. Of course, realistic assets aren't a problem for games like Skyrim, since there's no atmosphere of realism. Childlike romantic idealism, a cinematic atmosphere, is the foundation 343 is forgetting.

To be fair, the Infinite trailer does have an atmosphere of magic to it, and it is set on a Halo, but this image just exudes Halo 4 & 5. Blankness and detachedness.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You guys see this yet?

Apparently it’s a leaked test render on Slipspace using H5 assets. No clue if it’s legit or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys see this yet?

Apparently it’s a leaked test render on Slipspace using H5 assets. No clue if it’s legit or not.

I about lost my shit when the red team showed up and I thought one was holding something like a riot shield before realizing he was holding a turret. First crisis averted

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are there microtransactions when i already pay 60 dollars plus the additional online fee of xbl to play. Fuck that nonsense

• Upvote (+1) 1