CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

It already had recoil before the update, you just didn't notice because the bullet mag pulled it towards their head anyways lmao. Up to mid range the recoil doesn't even affect your shooting.

The TTK is too slow, especially with all the combat evasion abilities, I agree on that. But defending H2 levels of aim assist on a competitive forum is just crazy to me.

Oh and btw you turned this into a BTB discussion. In regular Arena gametypes where you start with the Magnum, it is undeniably better that the BR is no longer a free brainless upgrade that aims itself.

there’s a reason why the br needs to be the main utility in infinite. I hate the pistol. I would prefer it if my br doesn’t suck.

there’s a reason why the br needs to be the main utility in infinite.

>Oh, okay this looks interesting.

I hate the pistol.

>ffs

• Upvote (+1) 4

It already had recoil before the update, you just didn't notice because the bullet mag pulled it towards their head anyways lmao. Up to mid range the recoil doesn't even affect your shooting.

The TTK is too slow, especially with all the combat evasion abilities, I agree on that. But defending H2 levels of aim assist on a competitive forum is just crazy to me.

Oh and btw you turned this into a BTB discussion. In regular Arena gametypes where you start with the Magnum, it is undeniably better that the BR is no longer a free brainless upgrade that aims itself.

It didn't have recoil, and if it did, it was the most negligible recoil I've ever seen in a game, like Halo 4's BR. To where it doesn't compare to the broken recoil now and is irrelevant, lol, so I don't get why it was brought up when it was fairly obvious my point was on how obnoxious recoil is now, which makes the weapon hard to use (improperly) and not a laserbeam (improperly). Again, this new BR will cause you to outright miss a sitting target if you aim at the head because of its recoil. That's indefensible shit on a console, lol. I don't get why people would want that over a weapon without recoil that, while easier, doesn't fight you for basic performance.

And I'm not defending super easy aim assist, you're misunderstanding me. What I'm saying is that I would rather have a super easy to use weapon over a bullshittingly inconsistently stupid weapon that is hard for all the wrong reasons. Out of the two actual BR variants we've had, barring the HCS test BR which was somehow worse, I would take the old BR, because it was consistent, and actually usable compared to the BR we have now. It doesn't mean I want a super easy gun 24/7, but that in this case where we have a comparison between two that are realistically gonna be used, I'd take the easier one, because it's better for gameplay over one that literally does everything in its power to depower players. Which is where my thought of you being nuts for defending that comes in. Since it outright fucks player's abilities to engage in gunfights on foot, let alone those against vehicles.

The TTK for the new BR is literally fine for the game, it's everything surrounding it that sucks. The weapon doesn't kill slow, it just has stupid fucken' recoil, a slow burst, which makes hitting moving targets a supreme bitch, especially at range, and lowered AA values and ranges, which just amplifies these issues and allows vehicles to reign supreme.

There's a reason I haven't been vouching for the BR in competitive Arena, but in BTB and Warzone, where it saw its primary use. In social modes. Which are now garbage because of this new BR, lol.

there’s a reason why the br needs to be the main utility in infinite. I hate the pistol. I would prefer it if my br doesn’t suck.

And there's the good ol' Supermelee I know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I'm not defending super easy aim assist, you're misunderstanding me. What I'm saying is that I would rather have a super easy to use weapon over a bullshittingly inconsistently stupid weapon that is hard for all the wrong reasons. Out of the two actual BR variants we've had, barring the HCS test BR which was somehow worse, I would take the old BR, because it was consistent, and actually usable compared to the BR we have now.

I can agree with this, in the context of it being the starting weapon. Again, the old BR was indefensible garbage as a map pickup in Magnum start gametypes.

I'd take the easier one, because it's better for gameplay over one that literally does everything in its power to depower players. Which is where my thought of you being nuts for defending that comes in. Since it outright fucks player's abilities to engage in gunfights on foot, let alone those against vehicles.

I guess this is my inner H3 kid coming out lol. I'd rather have more skillful 1v1s than more individual empowerment. It's one of the primary reasons why I originally enjoyed Halo so much, the ability to outshoot opponents despite being down in shots. It's why I trained hours in Octagon back in 08 lmao. Some people are of a different school of thinking that considers positioning and movement as the more important skill, this is honestly just preference.

FYI I'm not against individual empowerment, but if you're going to make me choose between skillful encounters and lethal starting weapon I'm taking skillful encounters.

I can agree with this, in the context of it being the starting weapon. Again, the old BR was indefensible garbage as a map pickup in Magnum start gametypes.

I guess this is my inner H3 kid coming out lol. I'd rather have more skillful 1v1s than more individual empowerment. It's one of the primary reasons why I originally enjoyed Halo so much, the ability to outshoot opponents despite being down in shots. It's why I trained hours in Octagon back in 08 lmao. Some people are of a different school of thinking that considers positioning and movement as the more important skill, this is honestly just preference.

FYI I'm not against individual empowerment, but if you're going to make me choose between skillful encounters and lethal starting weapon I'm taking skillful encounters.

Individual empowerment and skillful 1v1s come hand in hand.

You want a gun to be powerful, but also difficult to master. This is what enables the mores skillful player to comeback when he’s down shots.

When you have a weak+easy weapon like the BR, skillful comebacks are more rare . Not only are you down shots, but it’s easier for your opponent to stay on target AND your weak gun means it’ll take you longer to deal enough damage to turn the tables.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The thing with the new BR is that i think its LESS skillfull than a no-recoil, low aim assist, low bullet magnetism variant of the original would be.  To hit head shots, you just aim center mass where the body is larger and therefore the aim assist does more aiming for you and just let the recoil hit the head on the way up.  With a BR that shoots all 3 bullets to the exact same spot, you can't get away with that and actually have to move the reticle yourself to get a headshot.

It didn't have recoil, and if it did, it was the most negligible recoil I've ever seen in a game, like Halo 4's BR. To where it doesn't compare to the broken recoil now and is irrelevant, lol, so I don't get why it was brought up when it was fairly obvious my point was on how obnoxious recoil is now, which makes the weapon hard to use (improperly) and not a laserbeam (improperly). Again, this new BR will cause you to outright miss a sitting target if you aim at the head because of its recoil. That's indefensible shit on a console, lol. I don't get why people would want that over a weapon without recoil that, while easier, doesn't fight you for basic performance.

And I'm not defending super easy aim assist, you're misunderstanding me. What I'm saying is that I would rather have a super easy to use weapon over a bullshittingly inconsistently stupid weapon that is hard for all the wrong reasons. Out of the two actual BR variants we've had, barring the HCS test BR which was somehow worse, I would take the old BR, because it was consistent, and actually usable compared to the BR we have now. It doesn't mean I want a super easy gun 24/7, but that in this case where we have a comparison between two that are realistically gonna be used, I'd take the easier one, because it's better for gameplay over one that literally does everything in its power to depower players. Which is where my thought of you being nuts for defending that comes in. Since it outright fucks player's abilities to engage in gunfights on foot, let alone those against vehicles.

The TTK for the new BR is literally fine for the game, it's everything surrounding it that sucks. The weapon doesn't kill slow, it just has stupid fucken' recoil, a slow burst, which makes hitting moving targets a supreme bitch, especially at range, and lowered AA values and ranges, which just amplifies these issues and allows vehicles to reign supreme.

There's a reason I haven't been vouching for the BR in competitive Arena, but in BTB and Warzone, where it saw its primary use. In social modes. Which are now garbage because of this new BR, lol.

And there's the good ol' Supermelee I know.

no it’s just I really don’t like the pistol. In CE sure because the weapon is powerful AF, and in CE the pistol looks like a big ass pistol compared to what we usually have, but besides that I just don’t like it. The range, the TTK it’s just horrible. And aesthetics wise it’s not good either. I like it when rifles are dominant weapons in my games. Most people do I’ll assume.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The thing with the new BR is that i think its LESS skillfull than a no-recoil, low aim assist, low bullet magnetism variant of the original would be. To hit head shots, you just aim center mass where the body is larger and therefore the aim assist does more aiming for you and just let the recoil hit the head on the way up. With a BR that shoots all 3 bullets to the exact same spot, you can't get away with that and actually have to move the reticle yourself to get a headshot.

the problem is thruster causes the burst’s spread not to hit your opponent and then you just get completely demolished. This new Br would of been cool if they made h5 no sprint. It would honestly be better if this Br was more like h4s br.

The thing with the new BR is that i think its LESS skillfull than a no-recoil, low aim assist, low bullet magnetism variant of the original would be. To hit head shots, you just aim center mass where the body is larger and therefore the aim assist does more aiming for you and just let the recoil hit the head on the way up. With a BR that shoots all 3 bullets to the exact same spot, you can't get away with that and actually have to move the reticle yourself to get a headshot.

Duh, of course it is. I never said I liked the recoil I just prefer it to insane magnetism.

And Mhunterjr and Grim, of course they are related. As I said I'm not against individual empowerment, I'm totally for it. I just think high lethality should require some user skill behind it and that we shouldn't give out free headshots for aiming at someone's crotch.

Duh, of course it is. I never said I liked the recoil I just prefer it to insane magnetism.

And Mhunterjr and Grim, of course they are related. As I said I'm not against individual empowerment, I'm totally for it. I just think high lethality should require some user skill behind it and that we shouldn't give out free headshots for aiming at someone's crotch.

I gotchu. I’m just trying to make it clear that Lethality requiring skill is a component of individual empowerment.

That’s what separates CS from COD. By default, the weapons in both are highly lethal, but the skill requirement of CS “empowers” the individual to separate themselves from the pack.

I gotchu. I’m just trying to make it clear that Lethality requiring skill is a component of individual empowerment.

That’s what separates CS from COD. By default, the weapons in both are highly lethal, but the skill requirement of CS “empowers” the individual to separate themselves from the pack.

Yeah, it was poor wording on my part. Individual empowerment encompasses both high lethality and a shooting skill gap and of course both should ideally be there, I'm all for that.

It's just that if you make me choose between high lethality with zero shooting skill gap (H5 vanilla BR) and lower lethality with a wider shooting skill gap (TU BR) I'd rather have the latter, but that's a matter of preference I suppose.

Hence why I never vouched for it in comp, and never said it should be on maps as a pickup in Arena, lol.

And it's fine you like more skillful 1v1s, but recoil and slow burst speed have nothing to do with skill in Halo 5's, case, lol. Both ease of use and difficulty (here) are wildly dumb extremes, and one stops you from being able to do so much more, whereas the former, while easy is still better for gameplay in allowing you to actually fight and do things. There's nothing skillful (or fun) about having to fight your gun's inconsistency or basic mechanics, lol.

the problem is thruster causes the burst’s spread not to hit your opponent and then you just get completely demolished. This new Br would of been cool if they made h5 no sprint. It would honestly be better if this Br was more like h4s br.

It is not. You can play Halo 3's Throwback playlist and the BR is still ass in that gametype for the exact same reasons despite removing everything Halo 5 has added. It's not a problem of advanced movement, even if it exacerbates the problem. Adding advanced movement to Halo 3 would stress even harder how much its BR sucks, but it still sucks in base Halo 3, lol.

Hence why I never vouched for it in comp, and never said it should be on maps as a pickup in Arena, lol.

And it's fine you like more skillful 1v1s, but recoil and slow burst speed have nothing to do with skill in Halo 5's, case, lol. Both ease of use and difficulty (here) are wildly dumb extremes, and one stops you from being able to do so much more, whereas the former, while easy is still better for gameplay in allowing you to actually fight and do things. There's nothing skillful (or fun) about having to fight your gun's inconsistency or basic mechanics, lol.

It is not. You can play Halo 3's Throwback playlist and the BR is still ass in that gametype for the exact same reasons despite removing everything Halo 5 has added. It's not a problem of advanced movement, even if it exacerbates the problem. Adding advanced movement to Halo 3 would stress even harder how much its BR sucks, but it still sucks in base Halo 3, lol.

so it’s still ass even then? Greatttt

Wasn't weapon launching supposed to be a thing in H5? I don't remember ever seeing it in play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't weapon launching supposed to be a thing in H5? I don't remember ever seeing it in play.

It only worked on pad weapons with plasma grenades.

It happened a little in Rig strongholds when railgun was on the drill platform, people would nade it back to bunker. There's been the occasional grenade for rockets on Colliseum (maybe only in 2v2, I don't remember). I've also seen a grenade for sniper on Eden where you nade it towards red nest alongside the lower catwalk.

I'm sure there's some people that have nerdier nades than that, those are a few off the top of my head though. Most of the time I've seen it, its been an improv nade just to move the weapon away from the other team before they grab it.

The problem with nading weapons in H5 is the movement. Some longer range nades take a few seconds to line up. Shorter range nades require better timing and forethought when the item is being competed for. All that cool, cerebral shit goes out the window when you can just thrust-slide in there. Even if weapon physics in H5 were similar to CE, the utility would be nerfed to hell by H5s other mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You know what? Unless we get some major improvements to the dedicated servers I wouldn't mind if Infinite went back to P2P. I'm sick and tired of these fucking awful dedicated servers in MCC and H5. Literally every game I get these 2 minute hiccups where everyone is warping around the map. I've died around corners more times in H5 that I did in all the other games I've played in the last decade.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know what? Unless we get some major improvements to the dedicated servers I wouldn't mind if Infinite went back to P2P. I'm sick and tired of these fucking awful dedicated servers in MCC and H5. Literally every game I get these 2 minute hiccups where everyone is warping around the map. I've died around corners more times in H5 that I did in all the other games I've played in the last decade.

I think it should at least be an option, especially for people far away from servers.  "Allow P2P in matchmaking: Yes/No", "Allow P2P in Customs: Yes/No"  Just default both to "No".

I really hope that the small dot in the middle of the circular reticle from CE comes back for Infinite.  Make it clear, "This little dot is where your bullet will go". Get rid of the bullet magnetism ambiguity.

yeah and the hit reg been a huge hit or miss lately on some servers. Gosh M$ servers are awful