CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Well, i like the art style. IDK if it's a trailer just to show off what the engine can do or is it an actual open world game.

Before the conference: Wow I hope it's a return to classic gameplay

After the conference: Wow I hope it's a shooter.

I mean, given it's a sequel to Halo 5, continuing the Chief's story in the saga, it's pretty safe to say it's probably a shooter.

I mean, given it's a sequel to Halo 5, continuing the Chief's story in the saga, it's pretty safe to say it's probably a shooter.

How do we know it's a sequel?

And when did they say that ? Or am I missing something.

Edit: fair enough.

Destiny clone, you probably won't even play as Master Chief, you'll battle alongside him in the events between Halo 3 and Halo 4, will handle competitive multiplayer like Destiny, might have a battle royale mode.

EDIT: Oh it's a sequel to Halo 5, I'm not buying this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im kind of mad there is a new xbox seemingly this quick...

Can't find any info about this

Because there really is none. Phil just said that they're on the future of Xbox hardware, which should be shocking to no one.

Phil Spencer made a vague reference at the end of the conference to the next XBox.

XBox One launched in late 2013, so it's been almost 5 years. Not absurd to start talking about XBox 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the people that wants a good classic Halo arena shooter and a decent campaign this is bad news. Infinite will be a bloated game that will try to please everyone with BR, open worlds and shit. I cant think of no other reason this game is so late.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Phil Spencer made a vague reference at the end of the conference to the next XBox.

XBox One launched in late 2013, so it's been almost 5 years. Not absurd to start talking about XBox 2.

What about the xbox one x?

Totally understand a new engine and all that but 3 years for a 2 minute pre rendered trailer? Gonna need more than that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Totally understand a new engine and all that but 3 years for a 2 minute pre rendered trailer? Gonna need more than that.

And they haven't even gotten around to writing music, they ripped the song in the trailer from Halo 3's reveal.

For the people that wants a good classic Halo arena shooter and a decent campaign this is bad news. Infinite will be a bloated game that will try to please everyone with BR, open worlds and shit. I cant think of no other reason this game is so late.

They very very specifically advertised the tech and gave the engine it's own branding. This seems to me like this will be Microsoft's own internal engine for any of their studios to use similar to Frostbite and Dunia and not something just for halo. That's a giant project and explains why they have been hiring so many higher level "Engineer" positions. The video was way more of a tech demo than anything else so I wouldn't try to make any judgements about gameplay from it.

• Upvote (+1) 4