CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm very curious as to what they're going to trot out. This is do or die time for 343.

At least they seem aware that this is the case. All XSX promo's say the game lineup is "Lead by Halo: Infinite" so they must have something impressive.

Impressive does not mean good though.

47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

impressive does not mean good though.

:wutface:

4 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Their games have traditionally been both each time.

Idk about that. They’ve been failures as far I’m concerned.

@Shekkles Why doesn’t impressive mean good? Isn’t that the entire meaning behind that word or have I been using it wrong my whole life? Good is in the eye of the beholder at end of the day. 

@Boyo all sarcasm aside, I can see many defending 343 by using that exact phrase. A new engine(and one that’s better than their previous one and one they even had a live stream to talk about how much better it is) I’m expecting a lot.

one things for sure though is they better not FUCK up the AIMING like they did in h5. That shit better be crispy, and CONSISTENT like h4 aiming. H4 hands down had the best aiming mechanics compared to any halo game. Modern aiming in mcc are what the aiming inputs h2a&4 use and we’ve seen how much better aiming in a game like h3 is because of it. I should never feel like I need to fight a game just to aim in it. I sure hope halo infinite also has RAW input for mouse play. Aiming input like over watch would be insane. Over watch even has advanced precision aiming which literally every shooter in general should have.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/new-feature-high-precision-mouse-input-gameplay-option/422094

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

It’s their first game on the new engine guys.  Give them a break.  

I have given them a break for the longest time, not sure what you are talking about.

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Idk about that. They’ve been failures as far I’m concerned 

Yeah failures that have been so bad that even casuals got upset.
But I get where you are coming from, at this stage a good game would be the upset not the other way around.
Give it a few weeks and we will see plastic spartans sprinting around again shooting each other with shitty sounding BR's that have CoD looking iron sights instead of a classic zoom - can't wait tbh.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm expecting a rise of Skywalker type situation. 

6 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Give it a few weeks and we will see plastic spartans sprinting around again shooting each other with shitty sounding BR's that have CoD looking iron sights instead of a classic zoom - can't wait tbh.

I’m so hoping the leaks that talked about no sprint are right. One of them mentioned how the game would have advanced movement but that shit would be customs only. Fun fact THat leak also mentioned the banished so fingers crossed.

i don’t hate the new BR sounds tbh.

i hate the iron sights. Even in comic canon the Spartans visor links to the gun. I don’t mind having a scope of sort on EVERY gun just give me my instant zoom back. The ads zoom has a delay compared to classic zoom and there’s evidence to prove this. I also felt that ads with right analog wasn’t as smooth as left trigger, but I never stuck with left trigger since I found it hard to use that and jump shooting 

so we might get a demo about infinite. 
So day one of the Xbox show case will be July 21st. So 100 games will be shown through this week so don’t think halo will be day one but since 21st is a Tuesday which is a day 343 likes to do their live streams we can get a little excited. 

Yeah if you could not link to Halo Follower videos that'd be great. He's a twat. 

Also, all leaks, hints and rumours suggest that Xbox Live game studios reveal is on July 23rd. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Yeah if you could not link to Halo Follower videos that'd be great. He's a twat. 

Also, all leaks, hints and rumours suggest that Xbox Live game studios reveal is on July 23rd. 

He’s not that bad. He’s gotten halo info that I never found personally, so he’s been a good helper. People just hate on him for making long videos or click bait ones(this is justified) but what can you do when your channel is about getting information where no info is being released at all? 

40 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

He’s not that bad. He’s gotten halo info that I never found personally, so he’s been a good helper. People just hate on him for making long videos or click bait ones(this is justified) but what can you do when your channel is about getting information where no info is being released at all?  

There are videos that aren't clickbait?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Nokt said:

There are videos that aren't clickbait?

Yes yes there are. His channel is about finding the info and then talking about it. But he as a YouTuber needs to make money so he finds a way to deliver the message in a 10 minute video. Hey blame YouTube for making it  so these guys only make $ if people actually watch the video rather than click and watch it for a minute.  I think the hate halo followe gets is a bit ridiculous at times and blatantly unfair 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Exidrion said:

Oh great on my birthday, I'm ready to be disappointed. I spent my birthday last year in the hospital, looks like I'll be spending this year in a mental hospital.

Also where can I find these leaks that say there is no sprint? I'd like to see that for myself.

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Yes yes there are. His channel is about finding the info and then talking about it. But he as a YouTuber needs to make money so he finds a way to deliver the message in a 10 minute video. Hey blame YouTube for making it  so these guys only make $ if people actually watch the video rather than click and watch it for a minute.  I think the hate halo followe gets is a bit ridiculous at times and blatantly unfair 

Main reason halo follower gets hate is because he gets views unlike 99% of halo content creators. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Gold said:

Main reason halo follower gets hate is because he gets views unlike 99% of halo content creators. 

Lol it’s their fault for being uninteresting. Bring halo back is annoying and goes on dumb rants. Tommy just shits on 343 and even though we here do that, his videos aren’t as interesting to the majority. Halo follower and hidden xerpthia or whatever his name is, provide interesting shit as they’ll talk about lore, potential shit in halo infinite, do some fun edits then and there etc. 

10 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

At least we will finally know

Cross your fingers mate. Knowing myself I’ll still buy it, even if sprint stays just to see if I will finally like 343s version of halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 2

If 343 still insist on having sprint or any kinda advanced movement would be hilarious and would prove they've learned fuck all.

23 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Why doesn’t impressive mean good? Isn’t that the entire meaning behind that word or have I been using it wrong my whole life? Good is in the eye of the beholder at end of the day. 

I can be impresssed at the technical achievement of a game whilst being thoroughly bored by it. That's you Gears 5. Also of course it's subjective.

I might be impressed by the feature set of Infinite, the graphics, the animation etc. but that doesn't mean it's fun.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like, with each title 343 develops, they ask themselves, “How can we evolve halo?”

Just once, I would like them to ask, “How can we evolve Halo in a way that compliments its established core gameplay?”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

I feel like, with each title 343 develops, they ask themselves, “How can we evolve halo?”

Just once, I would like them to ask, “How can we evolve Halo in a way that compliments its established core gameplay?”

This is how I feel with Paper Mario.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

This is how I feel with Paper Mario.

I only played the first one but I thought it was a fun spin on the standard side scroller.  What went wrong with the sequels?  

55 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I wish they asked "How can we refine Halo?" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

I wish they asked "How can we refine Halo?" 

DUH, by putting in CoD mechanics ofc, more people play CoD so it's the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, Gold said:

If 343 still insist on having sprint or any kinda advanced movement would be hilarious and would prove they've learned fuck all.

If? Oh boy you're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you haven't yet come to terms with the fact that Infinite will have sprint.

50 minutes ago, Mow said:

If? Oh boy you're really setting yourself up for disappointment if you haven't yet come to terms with the fact that Infinite will have sprint.

I'm going in thinking "Have they made sprint tolerable". The answer will probably be no...