CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Anyone read this?

"A few weeks ago, O’ Donnel revealed a selfie of him along with Jen Taylor and Joseph Staten. Staten was a writer for Halo 1,2 and 3 while Jen Taylor is the voice of Cortana in all related Halo titles. He also stated later yesterday that there was “nothing random about their meeting”. If this doesn’t point to an Original Halo comeback, we don’t know what is"

https://www.vgr.com/halo-composer-leaves-343-industries-o-donnel-returns-for-halo-infinite/amp/

Did anyone see this comment from him where he said it wasn't random?

Isnt that the thing 343 shot down about Marty not being back?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how we’ve come up with over 700 posts with no information at all.

this is just the H5 thread now (i.e., general ranting about the same few arguments since 2015)

Sprinting raises the skill gap because, like, it adds options and stuff.

Anyone read this?

"A few weeks ago, O’ Donnel revealed a selfie of him along with Jen Taylor and Joseph Staten. Staten was a writer for Halo 1,2 and 3 while Jen Taylor is the voice of Cortana in all related Halo titles. He also stated later yesterday that there was “nothing random about their meeting”. If this doesn’t point to an Original Halo comeback, we don’t know what is"

https://www.vgr.com/halo-composer-leaves-343-industries-o-donnel-returns-for-halo-infinite/amp/

Did anyone see this comment from him where he said it wasn't random?

Yeah, it has been discussed:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/17812-halo-infinite-discussion/page-24?do=findComment&comment=1031272

Isnt that the thing 343 shot down about Marty not being back?

Yup. 

All of them are friends - people read too much into everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. 

All of them are friends - people read too much into everything.

IS MARTY O'DONNELL A MAN WITH FRIENDS HE ENJOYS MEETING WITH?

NO, IT MUST BE HALO RELATED, DESPITE HALO'S DWINDLING RELEVANCE IN GAMING SOCIETY, THESE PEOPLE DID HALO ONCE, NEVER MIND 2 OF THEM HAVEN'T BEEN INVOLVED IN 7 YEARS.

HALO INFINITE CLASSIC WITH MARTY MUSIC AND STATEN STORY CONFIRMED

• Upvote (+1) 3

it raises the skill gap because you, like, have to choose to sprint, so, like, you either, like, stay out in the open for less time, or shoot back. its so skill based you can't change my mind. 

this is just the H5 thread now (i.e., general ranting about the same few arguments since 2015)

I for one enjoy that the H5 thread is as dead as the game itself. Over a month without a post, it's glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I for one enjoy that the H5 thread is as dead as the game itself. Over a month without a post, it's glorious.

Truly glorious. Pretty sure we are here just to make sure that thread never gets attention again. Let the past die or some shit. 

Truly glorious. Pretty sure we are here just to make sure that thread never gets attention again. Let the past die or some shit. 

We are here because we are looking towards the future with wild-eyed wonderment and hope.

Dunno if this has been mentioned or not

343's Jeff Easterling and James Bachici were asked on the 343 Mixer social stream whether there would be a Battle Royale mode in Halo Infinite, and Easterling replied, "I'll tell you right now, the only BR we're really interested in is Battle Rifle."

http://ign.com/articles/2018/07/19/halo-dev-replies-to-battle-royale-query-the-only-br-were-interested-in-is-the-battle-rifle
  • Upvote (+1) 4

But they didn't say anything about Warzone Royale. The dream is still alive!

But seriously, a Battle Royale mode in Halo would not be as people think it would be. Now if it was all that Infinite offered then there would be problems.

I randomly daydreamed about this video a few days ago and had to go find it again:

absolute masterpiece @@Killmachine

• Upvote (+1) 4

It also raises the skill gap because a Spartan is a super soldier so how could they not be able to sprint? 

Nerd rant incoming: I really hate when people say the pistol shouldn’t be so powerful because it’s “just a pistol.” The magnum in CE shoots a .50cal round so it’s basically a desert eagle. The desert eagle in real life has a muzzle velocity of 1,500fps. If the CE magnum has a muzzle velocity of 3,000fps that basically makes it a desert eagle on steroids. 3,000fps is the muzzle velocity of most rifles not of handguns. At that speed the round that the CE magnum fires would have just under 8,000J of kinetic energy. That’s 4x the kinetic energy of a desert eagle round at just under 2,000J. Just a pistol my ass.

Halo scientists.

You just don’t wanna debate with these folks.

Fuck me...lol

It also raises the skill gap because a Spartan is a super soldier so how could they not be able to sprint? 

Why would a spartan ever NOT sprint?  This whole game hasn't been the same since they introduced walking...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why would a spartan ever NOT sprint?  This whole game hasn't been the same since they introduced walking...

Also it raises the skill gap because you need to learn how to make the right decision between moving slow and moving slightly less slow. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also it raises the skill gap because you need to learn how to make the right decision between moving slow and moving slightly less slow. 

Yeah man the sprint-meta is so deep.

Do desperate times call for desperate measures?  Yes? OK ZOOMIE TIME!!!

Am i about to traverse an open space? Yes? OK ZOOMIE TIME!!!

Do i want to get across this massive map in a reasonable amount of time?? Goddamnit fine i'll fucking sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I randomly daydreamed about this video a few days ago and had to go find it again:

absolute masterpiece @@Killmachine

ah i hate this video now lol, pretty immature in hindsight.

ngl though i still crack myself up at the "he tried it" and bowling ball joke LMAOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote (+1) 6

Today I drove 12 hours from Columbus OH to Ft Riley KS, and during the trip, I kept myself occupied by using the Voice Memo app on my phone and recording rants about various Halo topics. It's scary how easy it is to talk for a long time, to myself, about Halo.

I'm going to record some gameplay to play over top of them and upload them to Youtube soon, if anyone is interested in a good rant.

Do it you won't

• Upvote (+1) 1