Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

Enhancing Map Movement:  Sprint vs Sphere 

Sprint increases the user’s forward movement speed.  Sphere shrinks the user’s player model.  When players sprint, they are still traversing the same paths, just doing so a little faster.  When players transform into a ball bearing, they don’t move any faster but they do gain access to a set of previously inaccessible routes.  Doggy doors are too big for bipeds but still allow a smaller sphere to roll on through.  

Sprint wins the Accessibility round, being a mindless button that anyone can mash to go fast.  Sphere wins the Depth round, giving players the ability to out-think their opponents rather than simply out-run them. 

Share this post


Link to post

>Hey guys how about killstreaks? That could be fun!

>Sprint isn't so bad, 343 did a good job with it in H5!

>Plaza, Coliseum and Fatship were good maps!

93992900.jpg

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

Not enough paragraphs about personal feelings.  

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I guess what I mean by that is take guardian h3 for example all skill jumps are the same. Obviously clamber isn’t needed at all to make these, BUT would it be bad if clamber was an option? It would open up other ways of making certain jumps I can ensure you. Lol would definitely help my ass not fall off the map playing lockout. I’m just saying. In h5s case most jumps were forced, but they don’t need to do that. And I also bet clamber wouldn’t ruin a classic halo like sprint has. 

Yes it would be bad.

13 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I really enjoyed Gears 5's campaign...

Hmm I don't believe you.

 

 

@HeX Reapers love you hex <3

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

>Hey guys how about killstreaks? That could be fun!

>Sprint isn't so bad, 343 did a good job with it in H5!

>Plaza, Coliseum and Fatship were good maps!

93992900.jpg

Prepare to be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SciKho said:

Prepare to be disappointed.

-343 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Boyo said:

-343 

No affiliation over here, but if I was, I wouldn't give you a warning. I came here for a friendly discussion, but all I'm getting is sarcastic rebuttals. Sad.   

Share this post


Link to post

I hate to be the bearer of (albeit expected) bad news, but:

RCFXxZ3.png

Turns out those recent leaks were as fake as Instagram girls.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Killstreaks in any form can suck my asshole. I want to know exactly what my opponent is capable of at all times, and if it changes, it better be because he picked up something on the map.

The shield recharge mechanic in H5 was every bit as annoying as sprint in H4. Not being able to move at full speed because you need to get your shield back is just as annoying as someone continually sprinting around corners to get their shield up. The only solution is no sprint. Period.

And yes, I unironically enjoy the shit out of Gears 5.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I still say sprint could be kept in check if the Halo 1 pistol or a rifle of similar power was the starting weapon, but even then it still wouldn't be a net benefit to the game, just a compromise.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; clambor can exist only if it's an environmental trait, not a base trait. Just create a visible highlight system or visual cues on the environment of what's climbable and what isn't. Doing so would give map designers significant control over player movement, and classic maps can return without any change.

Less Assassins Creed parkour, more Tomb Raider/Uncharted.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; clambor can exist only if it's an environmental trait, not a base trait. Just create a visible highlight system or visual cues on the environment of what's climbable and what isn't. Doing so would give map designers significant control over player movement, and classic maps can return without any change.

Less Assassins Creed parkour, more Tomb Raider/Uncharted.

Tbh that sounds boring and pointless especially in an FPS game. Either give clamber or no clamber. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Tbh that sounds boring and pointless especially in an FPS game. Either give clamber or no clamber. 

Clambor is inherently pointless. It's existence solves no issue that ever existed in Halo, just like sprint. So tempting me with the option to have it in the game or not, just leaves me saying it can fuck off along with all the other mobility bullshit.

My suggestion is a legitimate true middleground solution and allows the existence of classic maps alongside new maps with no fuss. It places more power into the map designer's hands where a map can be as much as a jungle gym as they please. In Halo 5, clamber effectively doubles your jump height, which means map designers need to double the height of vertical spaces just to keep players from breaking map flow. By making shit like clamber/thrust/sprint base traits, all we do is shackle map designers to them at all times, which aside from the gameplay implications from their existence, pisses me off the most about them. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

As far as campaign info goes, is the last bit of this video meant to be some sort of teaser for Infinite? (starting at 1:42)

 

Share this post


Link to post

Glider is a pick up that is activated by pressing the jump button while airborne.  

Glider combines aspects of sprint and stabilize.  Like sprint, glider continuously moves the user forward; he can only turn left and right while gliding.  Where stabilize completely halts the airborne user’s descent, glider merely slows it.  Glider’s downward trajectory imposes a natural limit on its use compared to the arbitrary duration of stabilize.  

Stabilize extends the amount of time a player has to line up a jump-snipe.  In addition to hovering like stabilize, Glider also enhances an airborne player’s movement capabilities.  Where Jetpack moves an airborne player upward, Glider moves an airborne player forward.  

Share this post


Link to post

The blueberry cannon could have been a fun weapon. Make it's projectiles twice as fast, halve the magnetism. After sticking to an enemy, it explodes within 2 seconds. The splash damage is high enough to kill/significantly damage enemy teammates close by. 

Put it on close quarters maps like Longest. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

@_Synapse  Homing blueberries or no?  

By magnetism I meant the homing ability, but yeah I'd keep it low to balance out the projectile speed buff. I'd raise it a bit higher against vehicles to about 0.75x standard blueberry homing, just so that you can reliably stop a vehicle's momentum with the weapon. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@_Synapse A charge then fire anti vehicle weapon with fast projectiles sounds a lot like the Spartan Laser.  Do you think increasing the projectile speed of the blueberries takes it too far into splaser territory?  

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Clambor is inherently pointless. It's existence solves no issue that ever existed in Halo, just like sprint. So tempting me with the option to have it in the game or not, just leaves me saying it can fuck off along with all the other mobility bullshit.

My suggestion is a legitimate true middleground solution and allows the existence of classic maps alongside new maps with no fuss. It places more power into the map designer's hands where a map can be as much as a jungle gym as they please. In Halo 5, clamber effectively doubles your jump height, which means map designers need to double the height of vertical spaces just to keep players from breaking map flow. By making shit like clamber/thrust/sprint base traits, all we do is shackle map designers to them at all times, which aside from the gameplay implications from their existence, pisses me off the most about them. 

Clamber ruins map design. Halo 4 and 5 maps are just a bunch of squares and rectangles placed on a field. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Clamber ruins map design. Halo 4 and 5 maps are just a bunch of squares and rectangles placed on a field. 

Clamber as a base trait ruins maps, because map designers are forced to account for it 100% of the time. By putting control into the hands of map designers, we can have a greater degree of map variety. Non climbable classic style maps? Got it. Partially climbable maps with select routes? Got it. Halo 5 style where everything is climbable? Got it. It all can coexist and present more interesting maps than we currently have, without pigeonholing map designers into a single style.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Do you worry about visual clutter when clamber-able ledges now need to be easily identifiable?  

@The Tyco

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do you worry about visual clutter when clamber-able ledges now need to be easily identifiable?  

@The Tyco

You could make the ledge briefly highlight when you look at it directly within climbing range. No need to spam the UI. We could also label maps a certain way to indicate if clamber is usable on the it or not.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.