Halo Infinite Discussion

Yu-gi-oh > One Piece 

I stand by it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Im pretty sure h5 is 90fov. 

I'm not sure the exact fov, but Halo 5 Forge had it set to 78 when gamecheat pushed a mod to let you change it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

From a strictly design standpoint, the Gungoose is a necessity for open maps, because the Mongoose, while granting you faster movement, completely erases any pressure you exert on the map until you dismount it, unless you have a heavily armed passenger.  (A passenger with starting weaponry is still exerting less pressure than a foot soldier with the same weapons would because of increased difficulty in aim/landing shots).  There's a little bit of a catch here, since as soon as you dismount your exerted pressure skyrockets because of positional advantages you can gain (especially if you Mongoose into the back of an undefended enemy base).

But for the time you're on the Mongoose and moving, you are just a moving target that is doing very little to gain ground regardless of the increased movement speed.  You're an e4 opening into e5 second move, you gained ground but gained no pressure anywhere else on the board, so you're just a hanging pawn.

The Gungoose is one path to mitigate this, allowing you to still be able to exert SOME pressure on an open map, (but solely for targets directly in front of you)...the alternate method of approaching this is to give better side routes for the Mongoose to take.  H3 Rat's Nest is a great example here since nearly all of the map's combat takes place in the kitchens and bridge/turret area, with a little bit outside tunnel/Snipe to get high ground control of center/enemy kitchens, but primarily, Mongooses allow you to take an outside path to get to the enemy base while being segregated from the rest of the battles.

I've had an idea for a while regarding the mongoose, where placing the vehicle's reticle on an enemy places an icon above their position that shows up on all your teammates' HUDs. 

This icon lasts until the marked enemy dies, and the marked enemy is alerted via a message on his own HUD when he's been marked. 

To balance this ability out, I'd make the Mongoose a fast and maneuverable vehicle, while making it very prone to flipping over and having low health. People wouldn't ignore the mongoose, and it'd become a legitimate support vehicle. 

We could add this "marking" mechanic to weapons, too. Imagine a DMR with a 2x/5x scope, and a 1.3-1.5 second 4SK (Hopefully around 1.5x that of the main utility), that marked all enemies who took at least 2 shots for a 30 second time period.

• WutFace (+0) 1

Jesus that’s way too long to have a mark. And the cheese that would come from using the mongooses that way would be awful.

Just take the H2A gungoose and buff the TTK so that it’s more in line with the ghost. That’s all it needs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Jesus that’s way too long to have a mark. And the cheese that would come from using the mongooses that way would be awful.

Yeah.  If you’re gonna do tagging, make it Equipment so you can just aim at an enemy and press a button to give them a waypoint.  And make it last something like 5-7 seconds.  

6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Just take the H2A gungoose and buff the TTK so that it’s more in line with the ghost. That’s all it needs.

Doesn’t that make those two vehicles kind of redundant?  Two ground vehicles that are operated by a single rider, that both fire forward, and both kill in about the same amount of time.  

@_Synapse

The way I have my tagging system set up is like this:  

In Invasion, a team of 9 Spartans has 2 Fireteam Leaders and 1 Commander.  Spotting Scope is a piece of equipment the two Fireteam Leaders have.  Aiming at an enemy and pressing the Equipment button marks him with a unique waypoint for 7 seconds that is visible to the entire team.  This allows the Fireteam Leaders to each command the three soldiers beneath them, ie “attack this marked target”.  

The Spartan Commander has a Missile Pod as his Equipment.  While it can lock onto and home in on aerial vehicles all on its own, ground vehicles must be “spotted” by a Fireteam Leader first.  Teamwork makes the dream work.  

I limited the number of players who can spot to 2 out of 9, and gave it a relatively short duration so that an excessive number of waypoints wouldn’t constantly clutter the HUD.  Each Fireteam Leader has a unique waypoint so even though all teammates can see them, the soldiers still know which waypoint belongs to their Fireteam leader (who also acts as a buddy spawn beacon for his three men).  

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Yeah.  If you’re gonna do tagging, make it Equipment so you can just aim at an enemy and press a button to give them a waypoint.  And make it last something like 5-7 seconds.  

Doesn’t that make those two vehicles kind of redundant?  Two ground vehicles that are operated by a single rider, that both fire forward, and both kill in about the same amount of time.  

Mongoose can't strafe

4 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Mongoose can't strafe

With the help of a grenade, the Mongoose can jump and strafe.  

• Thonking (+0) 1

The Striper is a one man ground vehicle that can boost with LT.  RT lays down a continuous ribbon of Hardlight behind it.  LB toggles the ribbon between coming out vertically like a wall or horizontally like a lane.  Create a wall to encircle your enemies like Battle of the Bastards or boost off a ramp to create a bridge for your teammates.  

43 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The Striper is a one man ground vehicle that can boost with LT.  RT lays down a continuous ribbon of Hardlight behind it.  LB toggles the ribbon between coming out vertically like a wall or horizontally like a lane.  Create a wall to encircle your enemies like Battle of the Bastards or boost off a ramp to create a bridge for your teammates.  

That would be fun as hell for a Tron Race game mode.

I would trade every shitty conceivable mobility mechanic in Halo for an Apex Legends style comm wheel/tag system. Can you imagine the utterly MASSIVE improvement to general teamwork it would bring? I can. Such an awesome system that would make any Halo better.

Everyone is placed in a 4 man squad, in order to reduce spam in larger teammodes. Player abusing it? Have a mute ping option.

Enemy here.

Guarding here.

Going here.

Watching there.

Enemy was here.

(Insert weapon) here.

Need ammo.

Follow me.

Stay here.

They could do this and sell us different character voices for $20 a pop, for all I care. Do it.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

I would trade every shitty conceivable mobility mechanic in Halo for an Apex Legends style comm wheel/tag system. Can you imagine the utterly MASSIVE improvement to general teamwork it would bring? I can. Such an awesome system that would make any Halo better.

Everyone is placed in a 4 man squad, in order to reduce spam in larger teammodes. Player abusing it? Have a mute ping option.

Enemy here.

Guarding here.

Going here.

Watching there.

Enemy was here.

(Insert weapon) here.

Need ammo.

Follow me.

Stay here.

They could do this and sell us different character voices for $20 a pop, for all I care. Do it.

Could even add stuff like "hold this position" or "attack the objective" so people in general MM can play objective without the headless chicken approach.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Basu said:

Could even add stuff like "hold this position" or "attack the objective" so people in general MM can play objective without the headless chicken approach.

Soo fucking much this. Low level coordination would skyrocket. Radar could finally die. Bitching about no mikes or party chat players? Gone. There's only improvement with its existence. All for the small price of replacing the button some shitty mobile mechanic would have gone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Soo fucking much this. Low level coordination would skyrocket. Radar could finally die. Bitching about no mikes or party chat players? Gone. There's only improvement with its existence. All for the small price of replacing the button some shitty mobile mechanic would have gone.

Could just use the D-Pad and finally end the nonsense of changing grenade types being on D-Pad.

Just now, Basu said:

Could just use the D-Pad and finally end the nonsense of changing grenade types being on D-Pad.

My only concern with placing it on the dpad would make the average player take their thumb off of the movement stick. I'd much rather replace the thrust button, making it a central part of controlling your character, but I wouldn't entirely cry if they make better use of the dpad.

Could leave the zoom on LT and put the mark on RS but I know that's heresy in Halo. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Could leave the zoom on LT and put the mark on RS but I know that's heresy in Halo. 

Assigning something to a trigger means it’s a big deal.  Scope isn’t even on all weapons so it’s obviously not a big deal.  You could either give all weapons ADS like H5 or you could give weapons without scopes alternate fire.  One of those two things or no scope on LT.  Can’t have a trigger go unused for half the sandbox.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Basu said:

A setting that automatically switched to the latest grenade type you picked up, would that help you or you like to switch grenade types more frequently?  

8 hours ago, The Tyco said:

no mikes

HealthyWealthyAfricanbushviper-size_rest

I see no issue with the stick zooming. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I see no issue with the stick zooming. 

I feel like melee or even grenade throw would fit better on R3.  They each perform an animation so rapid stick clicking is never required.  

4 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

i consistently shit on every LT zoom advocate.

I have a problem with one of the three weapon operating buttons being useless on half the sandbox.  A dedicated scope button is stupid when not all weapons have scopes.  

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

A setting that automatically switched to the latest grenade type you picked up, would that help you or you like to switch grenade types more frequently? 

That sounds possibly infuriating.

6 minutes ago, Basu said:

That sounds possibly infuriating.

My thinking was if there were a grenade type that was treated like a power weapon, this would allow you to walk over it then instantly use it.  

In Invasion, each species has a unique Armor Ability activated with the B button.  

Spartans Thrust.  

Elites Evade.  

Brutes activate Gravity Boots.  

Prometheans Teleport.  

Equipment is activated with the A button.  Left and Right on the D pad serve as auxiliary controls for equipment.  

Low ranking Prometheans spawn with Televate equipment.

Left - select upward teleport 

Right - select downward teleport 

A - teleport in selected direction 

Mid ranking Prometheans spawn with Turret Link equipment.  

Left - select Slider turret 

Right - select Rover turret 

A - teleport to selected turret 

High ranking Prometheans spawn with Nexus equipment.  

Left - cycle back through available exit nodes 

Right - cycle forward through available exit nodes 

A - teleport to selected exit node 

While Promethean Equipment is focused on positioning, others provide different advantages.  For example, the EMP equipment packages a Power Drain and a Reach Grenade Launcher into one pick up.  The Hologram gives the user the choice between sending one running forward or creating a Body Double that stays close and mimics his actions.  The Spotting Scope can tag a targeted enemy with a waypoint visible to the team or reveal recent enemy footprints with a Thermal Scan.