Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

The Halo: Infinite trailer will be hype af for 25 seconds until the 'chief starts sprinting

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The Halo: Infinite trailer will be hype af for 25 seconds until the 'chief starts sprinting

giphy.gif

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

giphy.gif

Still the best Halo trailer. I remember seeing this in the movie theater. Goosebumps.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

giphy.gif

I should have specified gameplay trailer.

Man that trailer was hype though.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Halo Infinite will have sprint, you should probably get over that fact whilst you can tbh, as unfortunate as it is.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'm with Mow. We'll just edit basic movement and turn sprint off - test it - pray.

If Infinite has advanced movement that can be “just turned off” then it has already failed.  It needs to make those movement options a core component of its identity then create maps that showcase them.  Cuz ain’t no such thing as halfway crooks.  

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 years and 794 patches later and this thing still crashes when trying to load custom games. Maybe I should just be grateful that it hasn't literally blown up my Xbox by now.

(Whoops, this isn't the MCC thread. Oh well.)

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mow said:

Halo Infinite will have sprint, you should probably get over that fact whilst you can tbh, as unfortunate as it is.

I am 100% convinced it will have sprint. This means that there will be more sprintyboi Halo games than real Halo games :(

Side note: The Spartan Laser is in more Halo games than it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I am 100% convinced it will have sprint. This means that there will be more sprintyboi Halo games than real Halo games :(

Side note: The Spartan Laser is in more Halo games than it isn't.

Did you count ODST?

 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

If Infinite has advanced movement that can be “just turned off” then it has already failed.  It needs to make those movement options a core component of its identity then create maps that showcase them.  Cuz ain’t no such thing as halfway crooks.  

We adjusted everything in H3 and turning off sprint in Reach helped it big time. Thats the beauty of Halo - customize!

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

We adjusted everything in H3 and turning off sprint in Reach helped it big time. Thats the beauty of Halo - customize!

Hopefully Forge in Infinite will be not only fantastic, but visually good as well. If the worst should happen and the game is filled with maps that make them feel massive without sprint, we can just build ourselves a map pool from scratch. I just hope Forge looks halfway decent this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

Did you count ODST?

Not really. Still, it had more Halo in it than Halo 4.

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

The Spartan Laser is in more Halo games than it isn't.

What are people’s thoughts on the Spartan Laser, like it or dislike it?  Balanced anti vehicle weapon or the charge time and visible targeting laser are pointless when you can just charge it up in cover and pop out before firing?  

A weapon with no immediate means of attack rubs me the wrong way.  If a super long charge time is the only way you can balance a weapon then maybe the attack is just too powerful.  What do you think?  

Share this post


Link to post

It really does kinda blow my mind that with halo 4 they tried to attract an entirely new audience. Like, it only came out 2 years after reach. Less time than any other sequel. In 2 fucking years, they thought it was necessary to completely rebrand and try to attract new people as if the old people (us) didn't exist. I can understand if halo 4 came out 10 years or 15 years after reach. But 2? That's fucking outrageously dumb.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

It really does kinda blow my mind that with halo 4 they tried to attract an entirely new audience. Like, it only came out 2 years after reach. Less time than any other sequel. In 2 fucking years, they thought it was necessary to completely rebrand and try to attract new people as if the old people (us) didn't exist. I can understand if halo 4 came out 10 years or 15 years after reach. But 2? That's fucking outrageously dumb.

Halo 4 was a failure on multiple fronts.  From a design standpoint, Halo 4 was a failure because 343 was given this amazing opportunity to make their own Halo game and they squandered it by blatantly ripping mechanics straight from the established gameplay of their biggest competitor.  Halo 4 was also a failure of leadership.  If a gameplay designer pitched this cod clone and they approved it then they are also to blame for this franchise’s swift decline.  Adding sprint and flinch to Halo used to be bandied around as trolling/joking but 343 actually did it.  Did they seriously have no original ideas?  Fucking sad man.  

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of ripping off other games, how would you feel about rolling the Mauler and the Bruteshot into one weapon...and then making that weapon behave more like the Flak Cannon?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

What are people’s thoughts on the Spartan Laser, like it or dislike it?  Balanced anti vehicle weapon or the charge time and visible targeting laser are pointless when you can just charge it up in cover and pop out before firing?  

A weapon with no immediate means of attack rubs me the wrong way.  If a super long charge time is the only way you can balance a weapon then maybe the attack is just too powerful.  What do you think?  

Halo 3's Spartan Laser was absurdly overpowered and bogged down the experience since, unless you killed the people in the vehicle, there was no way to kill the vehicle itself.  It led to high level Valhalla games being "don't drop the empty laser and just fly your Banshee at the ceiling until your shields are low."

Halo Reach nerfed the laser, but more importantly added stages of vehicle health that would eventually lead to the vehicle being destroyed...they also added the most mobile, most powerful iteration of the Banshee any game has seen and there was a STARK imbalance of what a skilled Banshee pilot could do versus what an amateur Banshee pilot could do.

 

To me, the problem with the Spartan Laser's design in Halo has always been that it is entirely meant to be an anti-vehicle weapon and ONLY meant to be an anti-vehicle weapon.  I think it should be adjusted to be more of a power weapon in general so you can see it in infantry-only maps.  Back when I did my blogs about the Halo sandbox, I suggested an iteration that was somewhere between the given Spartan Laser, the Railgun, and the Focus Rifle.  A brief charge up period and then a long discharge with multiple hits of high damage -- 2-3 hits necessary to destroy a vehicle, any hit to deal vehicle stage damage, but only 1-2 hits necessary to completely melt an infantry -- so if you're in a hallway with several infantry, a good Laser discharge could net you a double kill easily.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Boyo said:

Speaking of ripping off other games, how would you feel about rolling the Mauler and the Bruteshot into one weapon...and then making that weapon behave more like the Flak Cannon?  

 

 

funny enough epic games recreated that gun in gears 1 with the 2 second bullet lag shotgun. but to answer your question i think it would be awesome if a gun like this was in halo infinite. but i think it would work best in a high base move speed and no sprint environment 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, Larry Sizemore said:

6 years and 794 patches later and this thing still crashes when trying to load custom games. Maybe I should just be grateful that it hasn't literally blown up my Xbox by now.

(Whoops, this isn't the MCC thread. Oh well.)

The game kicked me out of at least separate FFA games yesterday while the map was loading. 

Share this post


Link to post

been a while since I have been on this site... was very happy to see it is still somewhat active.   the fact that this thread was made in 2018 and we are still waiting totally sucks to be honest.... but fingers crossed that they do this game the right way and give halo the resurgence it deserves. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'd really like to see a higher default FOV in Infinite. I booted up Halo 5 for the first time in a long time while I waiting for a patch to install and boy I've never felt so cramped in a screen before. 

Ideally a slider between 80-100 would be the best in my opinion. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Nokt said:

I'd really like to see a higher default FOV in Infinite. I booted up Halo 5 for the first time in a long time while I waiting for a patch to install and boy I've never felt so cramped in a screen before. 

Ideally a slider between 80-100 would be the best in my opinion. 

It be difficult to bring that to console(the original Xbox, not so much the X+) because console games push the graphic settings to the utter max, and a fov slider will cause performance issues. What I think be better is just a default fov of 90 or higher. Looking at apex legends it’s not exactly known for consistent FPS on console and it gets worse the higher FOV you decide to use. Still I’m not against a fov slider, just the fact I’m worried about possible FPS drops. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Arlong said:

It be difficult to bring that to console(the original Xbox, not so much the X+) because console games push the graphic settings to the utter max, and a fov slider will cause performance issues. What I think be better is just a default fov of 90 or higher. Looking at apex legends it’s not exactly known for consistent FPS on console and it gets worse the higher FOV you decide to use. Still I’m not against a fov slider, just the fact I’m worried about possible FPS drops. 

So don't bring it to the older consoles. Give them a set FOV. I'd also be in favor of just setting it to 90 FOV, but since O'connor said that Xbox One wouldn't be a "second class citizen" to the XSX is the exact reason I'm worried about this. I feel like were going to get stuck in 75 FOV again just to compensate for older hardware. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Nokt said:

So don't bring it to the older consoles. Give them a set FOV. I'd also be in favor of just setting it to 90 FOV, but since O'connor said that Xbox One wouldn't be a "second class citizen" to the XSX is the exact reason I'm worried about this. I feel like were going to get stuck in 75 FOV again just to compensate for older hardware. 

Most likely. Sucks to suck is all I’ll say. Look at cod modern warfare. That game pushes the ps4&xbone to the max where a fov slider would break that game. But I’d bet the pro and X easily could handle a higher fov with consistent FPS at 60 or higher. The problem is these companies aren’t letting that happen. I gotta say I pity those who bought an x or pro and plan on buying the next gen to only be screwed over by game companies not letting them use their full power, just to provide a fair environment to those with inferior hardware.

Share this post


Link to post

It feels so good to just see console gamers in recent years really start to notice and complain about frame rates, field of view, refresh rates etc. There was a time when you could say all of that shit and unless you were talking to maybe somewhat more knowledgeable people (who probably primarily played PC games) they just wouldn't care. Things like the FoV in Halo 3 were a disservice to eyes everywhere 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.