CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Man Doom eternal movement looks fast as hell. The game speed is light years ahead of 343 sprinty halo games, H5 looks like a joke in comparison. Amazing what buffing the movement/strafe speed does to a shooter. 

I'm playing it now. It's fucking something. I wish you could still shoot while climbing and swinging and shit but I'm still having a blast.

So, what if in the campaign infinite let's you find weapon mods like doom or Wolfenstein, but they don't carry over between levels? And for each level there is a distinct mod or couple of mods that go on certain weapons? Like one level may have flechette rounds for the AR on one level and like anti grav rockets or something on another. The idea being the mods and weapon are designed to be effective on that level specifically. There could even be a vehicle equivalent too. 

I feel like Infinite is gonna either be super trendy or feel antiquated to be honest. Like, it's been 5 years since the last halo. 2 fucking stellar doom games have been released. Cod has made a bit of comeback.

I get that halo will never be #1 again and I dont really care, but I could see the game just not being able to survive in a market this saturated, this late in the game. I know that halo used to kill the competition but was often times because it was first or it was early enough at least to the market and was able to build a stable foundation. This extends back to the first game which predated cod and other franchises. With each sequel releasing soon enough to maintain relevance. By the type cod 4 and BF came around, halo already had it's base. Now I'm not so sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

So, what if in the campaign infinite let's you find weapon mods like doom or Wolfenstein, but they don't carry over between levels? And for each level there is a distinct mod or couple of mods that go on certain weapons?

You could even write it into the story if you wanted to.  You begin the game with a standard magnum (4 shot kill, 12 round magazine).  At some point you take a sentimental pistol off a fallen friend and it has an extended magazine (16 round) that you use from then on.  In multiplayer, this gives gametype designers the standard 12 round pistol for social Magnum/AR start gametypes and you also get the “MLG Magnum” with a 16 round magazine, meant to be used as the sole spawn weapon in the hardcore playlist.  

A “HUDLink Module” weapon attachment could replace the Rocket Launcher’s 2x scope, giving the user the ability to remotely maneuver rockets in first person view.  In conjunction with a special ammo type, Bunker Buster Cluster rockets, the user could fly a rocket through the roof of a building and down onto unsuspecting enemies inside.  

A Flashlight on the Shotgun illuminates dark areas and reveals active camo users.  

As far as weapon attachments are concerned, what did you have in mind?  A silencer like apparatus that goes on the focus rifle, giving it a vampire beam?  Underbarrel grenade launcher on the AR?  Interference rounds that temporarily disable a target’s HUD, removing his reticle and ability to scope? 

There could even be a vehicle equivalent too. 

The Chopper is the only dedicated Brute vehicle.  LT boosts and RT fires the forward weapon.  

LB drifts left and RB drifts right (drift meaning travel forward while facing another direction).  R3 deploys the Flail, a long spiked chain that trails behind the vehicle.  While the flail is extended, drifting can tailwhip the chain into nearby players with enough force to splatter them. 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

You could even write it into the story if you wanted to.  You begin the game with a standard magnum (4 shot kill, 12 round magazine).  At some point you take a sentimental pistol off a fallen friend and it has an extended magazine (16 round) that you use from then on.  In multiplayer, this gives gametype designers the standard 12 round pistol for social Magnum/AR start gametypes and you also get the “MLG Magnum” with a 16 round magazine, meant to be used as the sole spawn weapon in the hardcore playlist.  

A “HUDLink Module” weapon attachment could replace the Rocket Launcher’s 2x scope, giving the user the ability to remotely maneuver rockets in first person view.  In conjunction with a special ammo type, Bunker Buster Cluster rockets, the user could fly a rocket through the roof of a building and down onto unsuspecting enemies inside.  

A Flashlight on the Shotgun illuminates dark areas and reveals active camo users.  

As far as weapon attachments are concerned, what did you have in mind?  A silencer like apparatus that goes on the focus rifle, giving it a vampire beam?  Underbarrel grenade launcher on the AR?  Interference rounds that temporarily disable a target’s HUD, removing his reticle and ability to scope? 

The Chopper is the only dedicated Brute vehicle.  LT boosts and RT fires the forward weapon.  

LB drifts left and RB drifts right (drift meaning travel forward while facing another direction).  R3 deploys the Flail, a long spiked chain that trails behind the vehicle.  While the flail is extended, drifting can tailwhip the chain into nearby players with enough force to splatter them. 

I'll be honest, I was thinking about this for campaign. Not multiplayer. The idea was that exploring got you stuff to use in combat.

I guess in multiplayer weapon specific power ups can spawn when someone picks up a base trait powerup. Camo gets picked up so a flashlight spawns on the map. I'd imagine it doesnt blind other players, but it does invalidate camo if it's shined on the guy who picked that up. 

A chopper could become a battering ram. Like the front shoots out a short distance that you can use to smash other vehicles with.

The Wedge is a proven BattleBot design.  It attacks by ramming its inclined plane of a body into the other robot, flipping it over. 

Bison.gif

The Flipper goes even further by getting underneath the opposing vehicle and internally generating the force to flip it rather than relying solely on the speed and angle of a wedge hit.  

220?cb=20180616082135

I feel like these designs could be easily adapted to a Mongoose or Warthog.  The goose gets a wedge and the hog gets a flipper.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The Wedge is a proven BattleBot design.  It attacks by ramming its inclined plane of a body into the other robot, flipping it over. 

Bison.gif

The Flipper goes even further by getting underneath the opposing vehicle and internally generating the force to flip it rather than relying solely on the speed and angle of a wedge hit.  

220?cb=20180616082135

I feel like these designs could be easily adapted to a Mongoose or Warthog.  The goose gets a wedge and the hog gets a flipper.  

These would be incredible for the Monster Trucks custom game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

These would be incredible for the Monster Trucks custom game.

One of Halo’s greatest strengths is its ability to create unique mini games.  A diverse sandbox, robust forge, and highly customizable gametype settings should provide players with everything they need to deliver all sorts of unique experiences.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s custom games like the monster trucks, whom is why playable AI such as Spartan vs Spartan can’t work in halo with some “features”. No developer is busting out some smart AI than can figure out how to play said game type. Or to move around a certain forge map. It’s too confusing, that stuff like that requires a human interaction. That’s where features such as “scripts” comes in. Allowing the player to be able to program the AI how to play said game type/map be very unique. No other game out there has the level of customization that halo possess regarding maps. Most games don’t have some map editor for multiplayer. Now looking at Gary’s mod the AI isn’t half as crazy as you’d need to do in this game. When you make something it’s got a pretty straight forward path. Now something’s definitely could work, infection for example be easy, but im 

If LT was the scope button, how would you feel about giving “R3 while scoped” a unique function on certain weapons?

For example, the Focus Rifle fires a continuous beam with RT and scopes with LT.  While scoped, clicking R3 toggles the weapon from Modulated to Amplified.  While in amplified mode, holding RT charges then fires a short duration beam that penetrates and destroys all that it touches (splaser) but drains half the battery in one shot.  

The Focus Rifle can’t one headshot drop infantry like the Sniper Rifle can; instead, it one shots vehicles.  Rolling the Spartan Laser’s functionality into the focus rifle benefits both weapons.  It makes players more likely to go out of their way to pick up a focus rifle and it gives the spartan laser an immediate method of dealing damage, should the need arise.  

The Focus Rifle is a dual long-range threat, capable of both suppressing infantry and destroying vehicles.  

Call me a pessimist, but I think that the reason we haven't seen any gameplay for Infinite is because the whole "returning to classic gameplay" is a huge facade. They don't want any negative perception of Infinite to ruin the game's sales, so they've only shown what's palatable so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Call me a pessimist, but I think that the reason we haven't seen any gameplay for Infinite is because the whole "returning to classic gameplay" is a huge facade. They don't want any negative perception of Infinite to ruin the game's sales, so they've only shown what's palatable so far. 

I don't really expect them to go back to classic Halo, but dang show off an ODST design, some weapon designs or something lol 

The Tele Link armor ability is a pick up on the map Countdown.  It spawns bottom mid.  Once acquired, the B button teleports the user to bottom tri lift.  

Tele Link doesn’t just move you from one place to another.  It instantly transports you to a travel hub of movement options so you may continue along your branching path.  

On a BTB map, Tele Link takes the user to a hangar full of aerial vehicles that is otherwise inaccessible.  Securing this pick up is securing a vehicle.  

In campaign, Tele Link allows you to travel out from a central hub in different directions without having to backtrack each time. 

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

In campaign, Tele Link allows you to travel out from a central hub in different directions without having to backtrack each time. 

I can sort of see this being a thing. I remember a rumor about it being open world with RPG elements. First thing that comes to mind is The Division. UNSC take a beating and are scattered around Halo. You have a main base and have to go out and make contact with the smaller bases. Once you help the smaller base out you get Tele Link or fast travel 

16 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I don't think that's it.  Halo infinite will get every ounce of marketing they have, plus it's launching day 1 on next gen consoles. A big chunk of players will have be playing. I don't think sales will be impacted based on what they show, in regards to classic vs new. 

16 hours ago, MrTummyTumms said:

I don't really expect them to go back to classic Halo, but dang show off an ODST design, some weapon designs or something lol 

I mean yeah, even a 90 second campaign gameplay clip would be enough to keep us going. 

is it common for games to show no gameplay 7 months before release? I can't think of many games that wouldn't have at least something by this point. RDR2, cyberpunk, F7 remake, fucking The Last of Us 2...All have shown GP...

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if Halo Infinite is just an update to Halo 5. Imagine?

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

343 only borrows ideas from other franchises, not their own.  

I take that back, CE did inspire them to release MCC without working matchmaking.  Totally classic experience.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

* throws up in mouth a little.

34 minutes ago, Boyo said:

343 only borrows ideas from other franchises, not their own.  

I take that back, CE did inspire them to release MCC without working matchmaking.  Totally classic experience.  

This killed me

That’s a number that halo could only dream of getting close too. But these days 50k is considered high for halo 😕

This shit comin out at winter and no gameplay yet? Boy oh boy jordanlaff-143x198.png 343 is really gearing up for another L

• Like (+1) 4

Real talk I just don’t get it. You will not a find game thats been developed for years to show literally no gameplay. Even GTA showed gameplay way before its release. Man 343 are scared Af.

Imagine holding on to gameplay for years on end to reveal it at a conference that ended up getting cancelled. Also safe to say that the promised "flights" are just going to be server stress tests and beta versions for marketing purposes because no way in hell are they going to make actual changes 2-3 months before release.

• Like (+1) 2